Poll Time! Best Non-Ride Attraction at HS?

Time for the next poll in our “Best Non-Ride Attraction” series! Here is the link to the Magic Kingdom poll and here’s Animal Kingdom. Today, it’s Hollywood Studios!

If you could only experience one non-ride attraction at Hollywood Studios, which would you choose?

• Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy
  • Muppet*Vision 3D
  • Sunset Seasons Greetings
  • Walt Disney Presents

0 voters

Note: I included all “Headliner Attractions & Entertainment” from the personalized touring plan wizard that DID NOT have a ride vehicle (i.e., anything that was not included in the “Best Ride ” series). I did NOT include Shows & Entertainment (which includes outdoor shows, parades, and fireworks) - that will come in a future poll.

MuppetVision is indoors, with better seating, year-round, more going on around you, and it’s FUN! We always do it each trip, but we are old enough to remember the TV shows.

2 Likes

MuppetVision has the Muppets. It needs nothing else. This is one of the most underappreciated shows in all of WDW.

4 Likes

Sweetums!

2 Likes

Nothing makes my boy more excited than Lightning McQueen so… that’s my vote

2 Likes

Muppets forever

2 Likes

I’ve only done one of these, so I can’t really vote.

I have to admit, this list is kind of lame. Just goes to show how shallow the bench is at HS.

1 Like

Muppets was fun 20 years ago. It is so old and tired.
Now - Ka-Chow - McQueen was so fun this time. What a welcome addition to DHS.

1 Like

Where is Indiana Jones Stunt Show? The Little Mermaid? Jedi Training?

My vote won’t change, but I feel that options are missing.

2 Likes

We’ve not done any of these.

DH went to Muppets with 2 youngest grandchildren 20+ years ago. They all said it’s fun but nobody asked to go back.

Yes. The bench is very shallow.

1 Like

Those fall under “shows,” which I’ll do in a later poll. It’s kind of tricky to categorize these - I sympathize with Touring Plans and having to figure that out.

2 Likes

The mind. It is boggled.

I’m voting for Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground in protest of disney demolishing it. How did they take it away and not build a new one as part of TSL? It would have fit nicely with the theme.

7 Likes

They should have a playground at each park. While the rides and shows are fun, kids need a space to run around. It would help with the overstimulating kids and all the meltdowns you see. My kids love Tom Sawyer, the Dumbo area, swimming at the resort pool etc. as much or more than most of the rides.

4 Likes

My DS18 and DS15 were so disappointed to find out it no longer existed for our trip in January. It made such an impression on them on our 2010 visit!

3 Likes

We absolutely LOVED that playground. It was, however, a bit of a nightmare to parent with it. There were multiple pathways in/out of it, which means you couldn’t just let your child wander. You had to be eagle-eyed and stand guard, etc. When you have 1 or 2 kids, not terrible. When you have 3 or 4, it is problematic.

2 Likes

I’m choosing Sunset Seasons Greetings b/c I was really unhappy that we missed it on our trip. They stopped doing it earlier than expected on our only HS day. It really sounded like something I would have loved.

1 Like

I agree! My kids adored the honey I shrunk the kids playground but it was very difficult to deal with them being in it. But I think when we went there was only one entrance and exit.

2 Likes

They must have fixed that. Last time my kids played there in 2016 it was only one entrance/ exit. I sat by it and let the kids have fun.

1 Like