Poll Time! Best Ride in HS?

Part 4 of the “Best Ride” series. See MK here , AK here , and Epcot here.

If you could only ride one ride at Hollywood Studios, which would it be?

• Alien Swirling Saucers
  • Millenium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run
  • Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
  • Slinky Dog Doash
  • Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
  • Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
  • Toy Story Mania!
  • The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

0 voters

Note: I included all “Headliner Attractions & Entertainment” from the personalized touring plan wizard that had a ride vehicle. No shows, meet & greets, parades, fireworks, walk-throughs, or other entertainment.

I expect this one to be the hardest one for many people, since HS has the most new rides that many of us haven’t had a chance to ride yet. For my selection, I went ahead and guessed which ride I will like best even though I haven’t ridden it yet. :wink: I did not, however, including Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway since no one has ridden it yet (at least out of the general public).

2 Likes

Typo on SDD

1 Like

D’oh! You can’t edit a poll after people start voting. Oh well!

1 Like

So torn!! Before GE, my fav was Star Tours… but now I have to consider the new rides…

1 Like

I put ToT…but keep in mind, I’ve not been back since TSL nor SWGE opened, so my answer might change. Still, I think ToT is my favorite ride on all of Disney property. Maybe.

2 Likes

This was legitimately a tough choice for me - ToT is my favorite ride of any I have ridden in all four parks. But I am a Star Wars fanatic and I can’t wait to ride Rise of the Resistance. It looks amazing and I’m sure I’ll love it. If it had a drop as far as ToT, it would be the clear favorite. The only thing against it is that it’s light on conventional thrills.

1 Like

That is just your AZ accent coming through :wink:

1 Like

Just use your best “Goofy” accent and it sounds right!

1 Like

So tough trying to interpret the question. I ignored the title (Best Ride) and tried to answer based on the question. But what is the context of that question: is it as if it’s my first and only trip and had to choose one, or is it as if it’s my umpteenth and just limited to one for that day? Is it for me traveling alone, or as I usually do with DH?

“Best” to me is ROTR. My solo favorite is TOT. But with DH, we always have fun with TSM (motion sickness).

1 Like

I haven’t been since SWGE opened but I highly doubt either of the rides there will be better (to me) than TOT.

2 Likes

I love SDD but it’s too short, so I picked TOT. My first time at MGM I got nauseous after RRC, road Star Tours not knowing… :joy:. Did not do TOT at that time as I was petrified. Last trip I road TOT because DD HAD to do it. DH has some health problems so lucky me. After I road it I loved it. The things we do for our kids!

1 Like

It’s impossible to get a clear interpretation that everyone can agree on, so just interpret it as you will. For me, I am kind of thinking, “if I had one day at WDW this whole year and only had time to do one ride at each park, which would I choose?”

Thankfully in real life we can ride more than one ride and enjoy them all for what they are!

1 Like

I cheated and guessed that RotR will be my new favorite based on my love of Star Wars and others’ reviews, without having seen SWGE yet myself. I will hope to confirm this hypothesis next month, as long as we get a BG. For me, HS is a great “sum of its parts” park (same level as Universal for me) with some great individual rides and areas but not quite on the same level of detailed cohesive overall theming as other Disney parks, as others have mentioned, now in a post- or pseudo-“studios” phase. The park is like a young adult out in the real world for the first time figuring out its identity and how to utilize its impressive skill set. It will figure itself out in time.

4 Likes

Wow that’s deep :joy:

3 Likes

What I heard before is that DHS is not an album, it is a playlist, which is kind of how I feel about the park as well.

5 Likes

If it was GOTG that’d be #1. But TOT is one I skip.

SDD is so fun! But so is MFSR. And TSM rocks!!! Hard to pick. Went with SDDbecause I laughed my head off.

4 Likes

What does this mean?

1 Like

It used to be the case that when artists released albums, the whole thing was planned, had a sequence and a underlying theme. Playlists/Mixtapes are stereotypically user-created “best-of” collections with no collecting thread. Of course, today there are many albums that are just random songs and playlists that are very well though, but that doesn’t help with the metaphor :yum:

I think every park is more of a playlist than a album today, but at DHS this feeling is more intense. There is no ride/land that makes me thing “it is obvious that this belongs to DHS and not somewhere else”.

5 Likes

SDD for me! For such a simple rollercoaster, it is much more fun than it looks like it should be!

I agree with this one. Even though GotG is a simpler layout than ToT (it doesn’t move horizontally like ToT), the theming is more fun IMO. My DS 5 will NOT ride the ride with the “lightning people” but I think he’ll love GotG when we go in July!

5 Likes

I did ride both RotT and MF, but still picked ToT as my personal favourite. Both new rides are great, but combination of thrill and excellent theming at ToT is exceptional.

2 Likes