Poll Time! Best Ride at Epcot?

Part 3 of the “Best Ride” series. See MK here and AK here. HS coming soon.

If you could only ride one ride at Epcot, which would it be?

• Frozen Ever After
  • Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros
  • Journey Into Imagination with Figment
  • Living with the Land
  • Mission: SPACE (Green or Orange)
  • The Seas with Nemo & Friends
  • Soarin’
  • Spaceship Earth
  • Test Track

0 voters

Note: I included all “Headliner Attractions & Entertainment” from the personalized touring plan wizard that had a ride vehicle. No shows, meet & greets, parades, fireworks, walk-throughs, or other entertainment.

1 Like

I believe I commented that on the AK poll that I love that guests clap. There might be other attractions that happens on- Soarin is the only other one I have noticed it happening.

4 Likes

Can I reserve my vote for GotG Cosmic Rewind? :crazy_face:

I picked GFT just because I can get off and go grab a margarita - some CMs will even let you bring it on with you if you ask nicely. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Same struggle as AK. I feel like i can’t answer without riding Soarin’ first. It was closed when i went in May 2016. Going again this May. Hope to be back to answer then!

1 Like

I went Soarin, but i haven’t ridden TT yet. DH would pick Frozen hands down…but at this time, I’m still giving the nod to Soarin.

1 Like

Wow this one is super lopsided for Soarin’! Not too surprising, but I’m thinking GotG will be a much needed addition to balance the park.

3 Likes

Fantastic idea

Certainly should get the @quicha seal of approval.

1 Like

I picked Frozen last time for my DD7 but if / when we go again I really want to see the new movie for Soarin.

1 Like

I really enjoy Soarin’, but it’s not an epcot trip without going up in the “big golf ball” as I called it when I was a kid.

2 Likes

If we were still on the old version of Soarin, that would probably be my vote. Since we are now on this distorted, non-orange smelling version, I am picking SE. You can thank the Phoenicians for that…

4 Likes

The original is way better IMO! They still occasionally bring it back to DCA. It will be in place this April when I go.

My kids asked me if Soarin still smells the same even though it’s a different movie. I told them I am sure that it would. I’m sad to hear I’m wrong. I thought it was funny that of all the things they remembered, it was the smell :laughing:

1 Like

Funny since we live in CA, and I have only visited WDW as an adult, I don’t get the appeal of “The Big Golf Ball.” To be honest I don’t don’t the real name having only ridden on my first visit in 2011. I know for most it brings back fond childhood memories. It reminds me of DL Adventure thru Inner Space which was corny but we had to ride it as kids/teens for auld land syne. It’s long gone having closed in 1985 to give way for Star Tours.

3 Likes

I chose Frozen because I enjoy the ride experience - maybe because of Maelstrom.

I would have liked to pick Soarin - hubby’s all time fav ride ever. Soarin is right on the edge of vertigo for me; difficult to really enjoy.

My grandniece would say Gran Fiesta Tour. Always.

1 Like

“Wait? There are rides at Epcot?”

It used to be Soarin’ for me, until this last trip and the Eiffel Tower was bent… I found so many places in the ride it just felt so half-done. Soarin went from being my favorite, must-repeat ride to me being embarrassed to ride it.

I do enjoy TT.

I picked Frozen bc it is the one i most want to repeat next trip, and bc it was so pretty and I liked the queue a lot.

4 Likes

I don’t have any childhood memories of WDW but I do love Spaceship Earth, the big golf ball. I’d have been bored silly if I rode as a child.

3 Likes

I’m a sucker for nostalgia. I always enjoyed LwtL and make an effort to ride it at least 2-3 times per trip! Plus it’s educational so I can justify taking the boys out of school :upside_down_face::stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I didn’t have it in our August plans, but my mum asked about it as we were about to leave so I grabbed some FPs and off we went. I enjoyed it! But I don’t need to ride every trip. The last time was 1992 :joy:

1 Like

When it was still Listen to the Land and they had that awesome song to go with the ride! It’s an underrated ride for sure.

4 Likes

I had a tough time choosing between Spaceship Earth and Soarin’…but went with Soarin’. I do agree it isn’t nearly the ride it was when it was Soarin’ over California, though. I hate the animated feel of the new one, and the fact that all they show us are the famous scenes from around the world we are all very familiar with already…not to mention having us fly directly into the Eiffel Tower and into Fireworks. :confused:

1 Like