Poll Time! Best Ride at Epcot?

And an actual guide! I can still hear him droning “Listen…to the land”.

2 Likes

I still have the song playing in my head when I ride LWTL. I also still hear Walter Cronkite in my head on SE (I like Dench, but Walter was when my nostalgia was embedded).

2 Likes

On a positive note, there are lovely smells of Jasmine for the taj mahal projection, grasses in the savannah, and the ocean breeze in Fiji :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I so miss the old Epcot and all the songs (Energy, Horizons, Makin Memories!). I played the old record (yes record album) of Epcot songs for my 5 year old and he just didn’t get it :joy:. Yes Judy is pretty good, but Walter is classic!

2 Likes

I love Soarin’, but hate that the distortion is so bad for 2/3 of the theater. I always end up on the very end and have yet to ask to wait for B. But for me, If I could only do one ride at Epcot it would be SE, even though I don’t think it is the best ride. All about the nostalgia.

4 Likes

It’s funny. I think most people who remember the old Epcot preferred it to the new (looking at you @bswan26 and @MouseGirl42).

I think it’s the same reason I loved DL. While MK has evolved and changed quite a bit, DL still has a lot of originals, especially in FL. Going to DL brought back a flood of great memories of visiting MK as a kid!

3 Likes

I wonder how often they consider removing the skippers from Jungle Cruise like this.

3 Likes

Animatronic Skippers, kind of like Kong at Universal.

And when the Animatronic Skipper breaks, they will just strobe disco lights and play a recording.

2 Likes

I can guarantee that GFT is 1473% better with 5 margaritas added to the mix @darkmite2!! Quicha seal of approval indeed!!

3 Likes

Love both versions of Soarin’. I enjoy the experience and haven’t ridden it enough not to be wrapped up in the feeling to notice “mistakes.”…no ride is perfect. For my family, TT is the worst ride at EP next to MS. Experiencing DLR’s Radiator Springs first ruined it. Also the line even with FP is too long and boring. Hate the blatant sells pick at the end. So glad EP’s FW is getting a makeover. I hope it eventually extends to the World Pavilion because currently the merchandise Disney sells in the pavilion stores has really gone downhill since the Great Recession.

1 Like

I had to pick SSE. While I really enjoy Soarin’ and parts of TT, I really do enjoy a good Omnimover ride. Plus, the rest of the family really enjoys it as well, and that includes kids ages 17, 13 and 12.

1 Like

You don’t need to punish yourself with the ride first. You can simply walk in and get a margarita…

2 Likes

That’s why I also said… :smiley:

Plus, I do actually enjoy the ride. I know it’s not for everyone. :wink:

3 Likes

I will agree that the music on GFT is one of my favorites for all rides.

2 Likes

The Heyday of EPCOT Center had a wonder and an excitement for the future that I think is sorely lacking as we move away from the original vision.

And the part that upsets me the most is that if the rides had been kept for about 5 more years, they’d have become classics that would get constantly plussed (a la Haunted Mansion and Pirates) rather than removed outright.

If you go back and look at the old rides, the concepts still work today, and a little plussing would make them continue to be relevant and enjoyable. And, contrary to the problem with tomorrowland, where “the future moves too fast”, in Future World of old, the future presented was vision-ary, and still relevant today.

Universe of Energy, Wonders of Life, Horizons, Journey Into Imagination, The Living Seas: these were all aspirational attractions who were removed far before their relevance was gone, but had the ability to inspire and create awe and wonder in kids and adults alike.

It should come as no shock that those of us who remember EPCOT Center miss it dearly; the park on that land nowadays feels like a skeleton of its former self.

4 Likes

It’s great to see you @MouseGirl42! Hope all has been well!

Couldn’t have said it better myself!

2 Likes