Poll Time! Best Ride in MK?

We don’t do enough polls on this forum so I thought I’d give it a try. I’ll start with this basic question:

If you could only ride one ride at Magic Kingdom, which would it be?

• Astro Orbiter
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
  • Dumbo the Flying Elephant
  • Haunted Mansion
  • It’s a Small World
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Liberty Square Riverboat
  • Mad Tea Party
  • Magic Carpets of Aladdin
  • Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
  • Peter Pan’s Flight
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Prince Charming Regal Carousel
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • Space Mountain
  • Splash Mountain
  • Tomorrowland Speedway
  • Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
  • Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid

0 voters

Note: I included all “Headliner Attractions & Entertainment” from the personalized touring plan wizard that had a ride vehicle. No shows, meet & greets, parades, fireworks, walk-throughs, or other entertainment. Due to the limitation of 20 options in a poll, I made the tough call to consider Carousel of Progress a show and eliminated the following attractions with low ratings on TP:

• Barnstormer
  • Main Street Vehicles
  • Rafts to Tom Sawyer Island
  • Walt Disney World Railroad :frowning:

Also, I intentionally worded the question the way I did since “best” can be interpreted many ways, and this is the way I’m interested in.

If I get good participation I may continue this series with a tournament for the other types of attractions at MK and the remaining parks.

2 Likes

Is there a way to edit this… I just accidentally picked Astro orbiter. I haven’t even ridden it, and feel safe saying I’m sure it wouldn’t be my favorite :slight_smile: lol

2 Likes

Yes - click “Hide results” at the bottom and then click your preferred answer.

1 Like

If I only got to ride one ride I would pick people mover, which was a big surprise even to myself! You get to see a lot of other rides, it’s relaxing, and you get some great views of the castle.

Edited to add: this would be the best way for me to soak in MK.

4 Likes

Wow! BTMRR took an early lead but now it’s practically a three-way tie. I’m surprised Space Mountain isn’t getting any love - maybe it’s my west-coast bias :wink: .

5 Likes

Splash Mountain takes the lead!

2 Likes

Same. Despite loving Space Mountain, which is a very close second for me, I think if I couldn’t ride People Mover, I’d be more upset at that than missing Space Mountain.

3 Likes

Definitely Space. Because I can’t ride Space.
But this poll exists in an alternate universe where I can ride Space.
Thanks, @Jeff_AZ you made my day a little brighter. :grinning:

2 Likes

I voted for Haunted Mansion but it’s definitely a tie for me between Haunted Mansion and Splash Mountain…my two favorites!!

I would always have picked Space before but when we rode in August it just seemed so slow! I know it actually is slow, but it used to at least feel faster. It’s dropped way down my list of priorities.

2 Likes

This was a super hard choice for me! It was between Space and BTM. Ended up going with BTM, because it’s so much fun at night!

This was surprisingly a really difficult question to answer! So I tried to think of what if I did a four parks one day challenge with one ride per park and the ride I smile the most on and have the most fun, for a very short period of time, is SDMT.

4 Likes

I had the same answer you did it seems, but I didn’t find it hard. For me, if I never experience another ride at MK again I’ll be fine with it. With that said, the ride I most want to re-experience is 7DMT, bc I like the theming and dark ride/coaster hybrid. Snow White is an OG princess IMO & it’s a charming little set up.

3 Likes

I had to pick Splash. It was one of the few rides I enjoyed more than its West coast counterpart. 7dmt was a close second, followed by people mover to close my top three.

2 Likes

I’m surprised how low PoC is! In addition to the nostalgia factor for me, it has the best scenes IMHO. The ship attacking the fort!

3 Likes

Not to mention the unexpected drop!

2 Likes

Dude, spoilers!

1 Like

I don’t believe I have ever been in MK without riding either Haunted Mansion or PeopleMover (or both). On our 4 parks day, we rode both towards the end of the evening. The toss-up for this poll went to HM, although both would have been fair choices.

1 Like

We rode Space 3 times during our trip last week. Two times it was really fast (faster than I remember from the first visit 3 years ago).
But one time it was indeed slow.

Something is going on with this ride :thinking:

2 Likes

@DumboRunner chose Dumbo? Big surprise there.

3 Likes