Poll Time! Best Non-Ride Attraction at MK?

With all the news bringing us down, I figure it’s a good opportunity for a good old fashioned poll!

If you could only experience one non-ride attraction at Magic Kingdom, which would you choose?

• Country Bear Jamboree
  • Enchanted Tales with Belle
  • The Hall of Presidents
  • Meet Ariel at her Grotto
  • Meet Cinderella & Elena at Princess Fairytale Hall
  • Meet Daring Disney pals as Circus Stars at Pete’s Silly Side Show
  • Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
  • Meet Rapunzel and Tiana at Princess Fairytale Hall
  • Meet Tinker Bell at Town Square Theater
  • Mickey’s PhilharMagic
  • Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
  • Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom
  • Swiss Family Treehouse
  • Tom Sawyer Island
  • Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress
  • Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room

0 voters

Note: I included all “Headliner Attractions & Entertainment” from the personalized touring plan wizard that DID NOT have a ride vehicle (i.e., anything that was not included in the “Best Ride” series). I did NOT include Shows & Entertainment (which includes outdoor shows, parades, and fireworks) - that will come in a future poll.

This poll will close automatically in one week (3/23/20). I’ll do a separate poll for each of the other parks in the coming days.

3 Likes

It was a tough choice for me between Carousel of Progress and Enchanted Tiki Room, but ultimately I chose the singing birdies for sentimental reasons as my Grandaddy is the one who took me to experience it the first time. :heart:

2 Likes

Tiki Room was my first choice but I re-voted for Carousel of Progress. If this was a Disneyland poll Tiki Room would have won. It’s especially endearing thanks to that Dole Whip! But I’ll have to save it for the snack poll… :smile:

2 Likes

There are nostalgic reasons for two of those attractions, but I am voting based on which one I would go to if no one is looking, no one would judge me, no one would chastise me for not picking the most historic attractions.

I know, I know, I will be judged! :stuck_out_tongue:

The one that boils to the top for me is Mickey’s PhilharMagic. It still kind surprise me with overwhelming emotions of my childhood (wiping back an emotional tear…I have something in my eye). Reminders of Fantasia, Lion King, Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, the wonderful songs that everyone sings along with during the show, the ongoing tension between Mickey and Donald. And I can’t get enough of pointing out the anamatronic for those un-initiated guests that do not realize things happen all around you at Disney. …not just what is right in front of you.

Love it!

5 Likes

It was between Philharmagic and Tiki for me and I chose Tiki. you know, Walt made it

2 Likes

PhilharMagic is a really good attraction! No shaming from me! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

So many good choices! This was more difficult than choosing a ride.

I picked carousel of progress for nostalgia, comfortable seats, air conditioning, and being good for naps

3 Likes

I had to go with the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki room.

2 Likes

Horrible poll!

You can’t make us choose only one!

I’m sure you meant it to be top 3, right?

Carousel of Progress, Mickey’s Philharmagic and Tiki Birds

I did vote for Tiki Birds tho. Sorry Mickey and Carousel. :confused:

4 Likes

Ugh…I can’t stand the clickety-clack of those beaks…LOL. :bird:

2 Likes

I hesitated briefly, and CoP won. I just love that attraction!

1 Like

You people don’t deserve to call yourselves Americans. I’m the only one (so far) who voted for HOP.

I’ve always found the American presidency very moving. Well, almost always.

2 Likes

My top three:

Carousel of Progress
Mickey’s Philharmagic
Hall of Presidents.

I just think Presidents was so groundbreaking for it’s time. I remember sitting in the audience back in 73 or 74 or whenever and being so impressed by the little movements. - the eyes blinking, the heads moving, each one programmed on it’s own. Back then, that was impressive and unthinkable. I realize that nowadays it would be very stantard, but it was such an innovation, like much of what Walt did in the first years of animation. For that, it should get some votes.

But, then you put it against my Carousel of Progress, which has its’ flaws and is dated, but it is such a classic. A little spit and polish and it could be great again.

1 Like

You are clearly very wise. A rare quality here it seems.

3 Likes

CoP. No time for naps! My kids sing along.

2 Likes

We still have guns, fried oreos and diabetes

5 Likes

My 6-month-old daughter fell asleep in CoP last time we were there! :joy:

3 Likes

Be honest, now. For that, you were grateful. :wink:

1 Like

Now that I think about it, she was screaming crying at first, so yes I was grateful when she fell asleep!

It’s the same with the American Adventure and Ben climbing the stairs and George on that horse with the swishy tail.

3 Likes