Poll Time! Best Ride at WDW? FINAL ROUND

I would really think that a statement like this should get you banned from the forum!
Is there a way to block someone?

2 Likes

Fine. I’ll put it another way that is less offensive.

I abstain. Because I’ve not ridden FOP, and it wouldn’t be fair for me to judge FOP versus Splash without first sampling both, otherwise it really is nothing more than a popularity contest. This is honest-to-goodness, pure unadulterated science going on here, and I wouldn’t want to mess that up.

:smiley:

3 Likes

As super realistic and awesome as FOP is, it would still be better than Splash. FOP is beautiful. The first few seconds after the ride started, I literally said “Oh wow!” and when it was over everyone around me said something similar to “Why did it have to stop?” Splash is a fun, classic ride. Similar to say Peter Pan, but slightly longer.

I said, “That was beautiful but thank goodness it’s over” and proceeded to put my head between my knees. :nauseated_face: :joy:

1 Like

Well, I don’t get motion sickness, so I can imagine that would play a big part in not liking it if you were prone to that.

That said, in my opinion, it isn’t just the best ride at WDW (without me having been on RotR - so not comparing it against that) it is the best ride in any theme park anywhere. Ever. If I could ride it all day, I would do that very happily ( as long as I didn’t have to wait in line each time - just go back to back to back all day).

2 Likes

To help people decide, I’m going to resurrect my summary of why Splash Mountain is so amazing :slightly_smiling_face: :

6 Likes

I said “Is that it?” I was expecting more because of all the hype. It’s fine, I’ll always try to ride it, but if I had to pick 1 ride in AK it would be EE. It might scrape into my Disney top 10, though I’m not convinced. No chance it would make it into my Orlando top 10.

2 Likes

I think I finally figured out why FOP could NEVER beat Splash for me! FOP is this completely immersive experience where you’re transported to literally another world. While it’s amazing and there is nothing like it, it’s also a very independent experience—you’re all riding at the same time and having the same smelling air pumped at you and the same water misted on your face, but you’re also on a single person ride vehicle and wearing glasses and it’s somewhat isolating. Splash on the other hand is a shared experience…you can put your arm around your kid and see the look on their faces when you’re about to plummet 50 feet. While the ride itself is fun and always a nostalgic trip for me, being able to watch my kids experience it is the best part.

9 Likes

I get horribly motion sick, an elevator can set me off. When I travel to WDW I take Dramamine beginning the day before the trip and every day of. For FoP specifically, I close my eyes and place my arms over the vehicle screen before the ride starts so the strobe light doesn’t come through. Once I feel the air and smell the smells, I open my eyes and get in position to jump off that cliff. I only look where I’m flying, never to the sides (kind of like being a passenger in a car). When the banshee stops for a breath, that’s when I take a good look around at the land. It is my absolute favorite ride.

1 Like

Amen brother!

1 Like

I hesitate to bump this thread because I’d hate for Splash Mountain to lose it’s reigning spot, but I do want to give everyone a chance to vote for the winner! :wink:

I will close the poll on Thursday or when we hit 200 votes, whichever is sooner.

2 Likes

This poll will close in 2 hours!

2 Likes

Regardless of the outcome of this particular vote, we all know the truth:

6 Likes

The peoplemover is a sham! Every single ride moves people. What makes it special? :wink:

1 Like

Mr. Morrow. Mr. Tom Morrow.

I mean, I like the disney junior show the ride is based on…

Oh! And don’t forget that you get to experience not one, not two, but THREE moving walkways…one of which is circular.

And…the ride doesn’t just move you…it moves you at different speeds.

Plus…no restraints!

Not to mention, you get to ride Space Mountain (kind of, sort of).

And see the ORIGINAL EPCOT.

2 Likes

This poll is now CLOSED!!!

And for once today, I have some great news … the best ride in Walt Disney World actually won the vote!

Without further ado, on behalf of the Iowa Democratic Party, I hereby proclaim, SPLASH MOUNTAIN to be the BEST RIDE AT WDW!

It was close, but ultimately I think we can all agree that both of these rides deserve to be recognized for their ingenuity and entertainment value.

Thanks to everyone that voted in all the rounds! I will start a new poll soon …

8 Likes

Woot! Splashdown!

1 Like

New poll just opened! Best non-ride attraction at Magic Kingdom.