Poll Time! Best Non-Ride Attraction at MK?

The first time I watched Mickey’s PhilharMagic, I cried. I still tear up every time.
The first time and the only time that I tried to watch those birds, I walked out.

2 Likes

While there are some other good choices, I didn’t even have to hesitate with this one. COP all the way.

Not only is it a classic with animatronics, but it is clever, educational, entertaining, and catchy. Not to mention it doubles as a ride (kind of, sort of). The four parallel time periods show how in spite of how things change, we are all connected across the generations.

I’m just not sure anything else really accomplishes so much with a single experience.

1 Like

For me, it was a toss-up between Tiki, Philharmagic, and Monsters, Inc. I ultimately voted Monsters, Inc figuring they would get less votes as they don’t really have the nostalgia factor yet, and they deserve a vote! I love that the show is different every time, and am so impressed with the performers!

2 Likes

Yay! Me too.
It’s so funny and constantly evolves.
Those snore fest everyone else is voting for are one and dones for me. Good for naps and AC maybe.

Most of my kids don’t even know those loud birds even exist.

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

2 Likes

Never seen it. Are you saying we should make time next trip?

3 Likes

You’ve finally got it right!

1 Like

I think that it is worth the time. You get to sit down in a/c and have Disney memories presented in movie scenes and music.

2 Likes

You should definitely see it. We generally do it each trip. Having said that, for me, it isn’t nearly the same caliber as some other attractions. And the 3D aspect of the film is blurry for me the entire time, which leaves me on the verge of a headache. But if you don’t have trouble with 3D films in general, it is entertaining.

1 Like

I’m fine as long as I wear contacts instead of glasses.

1 Like

I agree the 3D technology in PhilharMagic is old and needs an update. It would be fantastic if they also update the film-ology being used. It is tailored to the movies from the late 1980’s and early 1990’s. Would be nice to see a tie into some of the more modern day and historical movies/characters as well.

The same refresh is desperately needed for some of the other attractions being selected here as well. Newer technologies and anamatronic updates could help make the “classics” not seem so dated.

1 Like

All things American!

1 Like

Voted for Tom Sawyer Island. We skipped it during our first trip, but this year I insisted on spending time there.

All of us were truly impressed with caves, fort with animatronics in horse stable, escape tunnel and barrel bridge. This is now a must do!

I am a little sad Country Bears and Tree House do not get much love, but I can only vote for one…

2 Likes

I’ve never done Tom Sawyer Island! When we first started going, our dad said it cost extra (I don’t know where he got that idea), so we never went then. And it’s just never made it onto my “must do” list since - probably because I am not a big fan of the book.

1 Like

Great way to get out of something.

3 Likes

To his credit, I think he did think it cost extra. He had only been to Disneyland once as a teen back when you did buy the ticket book.

1 Like

I’m going to use that from now on when someone suggests something that is off plan and not worth it.

Nope - costs extra! Like that train thing in AK - costs extra.

3 Likes

I can’t believe Philharmagic is as high up as it is. I love it, but thought I was in a minority! However, I can’t go to WDW, especially MK, without saying hello to my pal Mickey!

(I wouldn’t care if CoP was burned to the ground in a “mysterious fire” that resulted in WDW getting a load of insurance money to build practically anything else! :stuck_out_tongue::crazy_face:)

4 Likes

Carousel of Progress has been a longtime favorite. I love the historical value, the moving theater, the comfy seats and the song. You can walk into CoP thoroughly exhausted - and feel better, much like being at home. Sometimes tho I’m almost sleep walking leaving, it’s so comfy.

It was many trips before we finally managed to include Mickey’s Philmargic. What a hoot! The sound effects “back stage” are classic. As well as the ending. Unfortunately when your 3D glasses have a bent lens - not so good.

Tiki Birds always gets our feet tapping and bodies moving. I’m sure we’re annoying any one near us by singing along. We’re grinning like maniacs when we leave despite the really outdated mores of the show.

I think sometimes it’s a shame to update everything. Altho maybe more people don’t have folks who can say this is how it was. Attitudes were different.

4 Likes

I was torn between Philharmagic and Mickey, but Mickey won out.

3 Likes

Maybe the old Discovery Island? I think that’s what it was called. That was a separate ticket

1 Like