Poll Time! Best Non-Ride Attraction at MK?

IDK, because he was clearly referring to Tom Sawyer Island in the park.

2 Likes

Not that there aren’t great choices in this poll, but I can’t believe more people here didn’t pick Tom Sawyer Island. It’s such a great place to hang out when you have a large gap between FastPasses - lots of shade, less crowded (or at least, people are more spread out), tons of things to see and explore.

1 Like

I love TSI, to be sure. I just love COP more. :slight_smile:

The shade means nothing there. The air is stagnant and the humidity awful…so when it is hot at Disney, TSI is hotter, in my experience. So I don’t go there for respite from the heat, for sure.

2 Likes

You’re right. It’s very “still” over there. However, I never feel like I pick up much of a breeze in MK anyway. At TSI, at least you don’t have the hot sun beating down upon the back of your neck.

And it’s cool in the caves. :wink:

2 Likes

This is true. Cool in more ways than one! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Never done Tom Sawyer Island, although it’s still on our to-do list. Shout out to Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, which we tried for the first time last November. It was fun but we had some trouble getting some of the portals to work (ultimately demonstrated by an 8-year old :joy:, so probably “operator error”!

The winner for me is the tried and true Carousel of Progress. Am I right that I remember seeing it for the first time at the NY Worlds Fair in the 60s? (Showing my age and hence confirming the previously mentioned operator error.)

2 Likes

Yep! It was there.

Me too. New York World Fair 1964 and '65.

Folks were so blown away by the audio animatronics. Just blown away.

1 Like

Wow, there is a lot we didn’t get to experience on our trip due to time constraints. Lots to look forward to! :grin:
Anyway, I voted Mickey’s PhilharMagic because it was probably my fave of the ones we did. I was impressed because there were several parts that I could actually see in 3D (which is super rare for me; I normally just get the blur factor). My oldest daughter wanted to do CoP because she went with her aunt and loved it, but we didn’t have time. :frowning: I suspect I may have liked it more than PhilharMagic, but couldn’t vote it as my fave as I haven’t actually experienced it.

2 Likes

Woot. Keep it up my fellow PhilharManiacs!

2 Likes

This poll has now closed, and it was a tie! Mickey’s Philharmagic and Carousel of Progress will both move on to the WDW tournament.

Here is the new poll for Hollywood Studios.

2 Likes

I’ve added polls for Hollywood Studios and Epcot! Go and vote!