Poll Time! Best Ride at AK?

They CAN you just don’t let them :grin:

3 Likes

I agree - the studio facade was nice when it was a studio. Without the studio theme, it just looks cheap. The nicest areas of the park are SWGE and TSL, so hopefully they’ll retheme the remaining areas a bit or at least add more foliage and decor.

A walk down Sunset Boulevard is still pretty pleasing to me.

4 Likes

Agreed.

:heart: this park. It was a two day park for us before the TSL and GE additions.

3 Likes

Us too.

2 Likes

I prefer bumper cars to be a ride at a Theme Park. Wish Disney had them. But, not so much in real life. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Clearly you are insane. A team of highly-trained medical professionals is on its way to give you the help you need.

The whole of Dinoland needs to be nuked.

3 Likes

Ahem. Primeval Whirl. Best ride.

2 Likes

Well . . . there is that cool train running around in Chester and Hester’s.

That shouldn’t be nuked.

2 Likes

I won’t pretend to like all of Dinoland, but I do love Dinosaur.

5 Likes

To be clear, I love HS and I have two days planned there for my next trip. Of the four parks, it’s the least “magical” and thematically coherent - but that’s grading on the Disney curve (and assuming no construction at Epcot). It has some of the best spots in any park but also some of the least inspiring sights as well. Still better than virtually any non-Disney theme park, other than a few lands like WWoHP.

While we are on the subject, I have created a poll for HS. Cast your vote!

1 Like

Did you mean to post this in the HS poll thread?

LOL! That’s what I get for doing it at 5am my time!!! I’ll withdraw and redo later today!!

Recommendations for AK FP+ with DS2 & DS4 in mind? I’m thinking K Safari and Navi (not FoP, yes I know this is a sin). What is a good use of a 3rd FP+: Kali, meet Mickey, or something else? Not tall enough for EE and Dinosaur is too scary for them.

we did NRJ, KS, and Adventurer’s Outpost with DD4 and DS1. Not much else works - they loved Triceratop Spin (Dumbo but with dinosaurs). It was a walk on every time.

2 Likes

Yes do the meet and greet. That line moves slowly and it’s great getting both Mickey and Minnie together. You might get soaked on Kali which doesn’t appeal to anyone in our family. There really aren’t a lot of rides for young kids at AK.

1 Like

Thanks, although we do still plan on RS for Kali, at least half of us won’t have to wait in the line!

1 Like

I think Tomorrowland Speedway has some intrinsic value. I loved watching my son so happy when he could drive the car himself. That made it enjoyable. Now that he is older, we skipped it, but I still would prefer to ride that.

2 Likes

I feel the same way. I won’t be likely to ride it by myself, but if my kids want to ride we will.

1 Like

I really didn’t like Dinousar and thought the whole ride system had no redeeming qualities, but turns out the same system at Disneyland with a Indiana Jones skin creates a delightful ride!

4 Likes