Poll Time! Best Non-Ride Attraction at MK?

I’ve never done Tom Sawyer Island! When we first started going, our dad said it cost extra (I don’t know where he got that idea), so we never went then. And it’s just never made it onto my “must do” list since - probably because I am not a big fan of the book.

1 Like

Great way to get out of something.

3 Likes

To his credit, I think he did think it cost extra. He had only been to Disneyland once as a teen back when you did buy the ticket book.

1 Like

I’m going to use that from now on when someone suggests something that is off plan and not worth it.

Nope - costs extra! Like that train thing in AK - costs extra.

3 Likes

I can’t believe Philharmagic is as high up as it is. I love it, but thought I was in a minority! However, I can’t go to WDW, especially MK, without saying hello to my pal Mickey!

(I wouldn’t care if CoP was burned to the ground in a “mysterious fire” that resulted in WDW getting a load of insurance money to build practically anything else! :stuck_out_tongue::crazy_face:)

4 Likes

Carousel of Progress has been a longtime favorite. I love the historical value, the moving theater, the comfy seats and the song. You can walk into CoP thoroughly exhausted - and feel better, much like being at home. Sometimes tho I’m almost sleep walking leaving, it’s so comfy.

It was many trips before we finally managed to include Mickey’s Philmargic. What a hoot! The sound effects “back stage” are classic. As well as the ending. Unfortunately when your 3D glasses have a bent lens - not so good.

Tiki Birds always gets our feet tapping and bodies moving. I’m sure we’re annoying any one near us by singing along. We’re grinning like maniacs when we leave despite the really outdated mores of the show.

I think sometimes it’s a shame to update everything. Altho maybe more people don’t have folks who can say this is how it was. Attitudes were different.

4 Likes

I was torn between Philharmagic and Mickey, but Mickey won out.

3 Likes

Maybe the old Discovery Island? I think that’s what it was called. That was a separate ticket

1 Like

IDK, because he was clearly referring to Tom Sawyer Island in the park.

2 Likes

Not that there aren’t great choices in this poll, but I can’t believe more people here didn’t pick Tom Sawyer Island. It’s such a great place to hang out when you have a large gap between FastPasses - lots of shade, less crowded (or at least, people are more spread out), tons of things to see and explore.

1 Like

I love TSI, to be sure. I just love COP more. :slight_smile:

The shade means nothing there. The air is stagnant and the humidity awful…so when it is hot at Disney, TSI is hotter, in my experience. So I don’t go there for respite from the heat, for sure.

2 Likes

You’re right. It’s very “still” over there. However, I never feel like I pick up much of a breeze in MK anyway. At TSI, at least you don’t have the hot sun beating down upon the back of your neck.

And it’s cool in the caves. :wink:

2 Likes

This is true. Cool in more ways than one! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Never done Tom Sawyer Island, although it’s still on our to-do list. Shout out to Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, which we tried for the first time last November. It was fun but we had some trouble getting some of the portals to work (ultimately demonstrated by an 8-year old :joy:, so probably “operator error”!

The winner for me is the tried and true Carousel of Progress. Am I right that I remember seeing it for the first time at the NY Worlds Fair in the 60s? (Showing my age and hence confirming the previously mentioned operator error.)

2 Likes

Yep! It was there.

Me too. New York World Fair 1964 and '65.

Folks were so blown away by the audio animatronics. Just blown away.

1 Like

Wow, there is a lot we didn’t get to experience on our trip due to time constraints. Lots to look forward to! :grin:
Anyway, I voted Mickey’s PhilharMagic because it was probably my fave of the ones we did. I was impressed because there were several parts that I could actually see in 3D (which is super rare for me; I normally just get the blur factor). My oldest daughter wanted to do CoP because she went with her aunt and loved it, but we didn’t have time. :frowning: I suspect I may have liked it more than PhilharMagic, but couldn’t vote it as my fave as I haven’t actually experienced it.

2 Likes

Woot. Keep it up my fellow PhilharManiacs!

2 Likes

This poll has now closed, and it was a tie! Mickey’s Philharmagic and Carousel of Progress will both move on to the WDW tournament.

Here is the new poll for Hollywood Studios.

2 Likes

I’ve added polls for Hollywood Studios and Epcot! Go and vote!