The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

Does that happen when you have park hoppers only? So, you can set your park hopping time for 2:00 and start stacking reservations for after 2 at your secondary park. Is that correct?. But what if you dont have park hoppers…what if you will not arrive until after 2 to the park you have a reservation for. Can you still stack LL reservations for after 2 early in the day? Or is that only reserved for people with park hopper tickets. Not sure that makes any sense? It does in my head lol

2 Likes

Yes, this only works for the park you don’t have a reservation for and only if you have park hopper tickets. In that case, Genie+ will automatically push back any return windows that otherwise would have been before 2pm to at least 2pm, subject to availability.

If you don’t have park hoppers, I presume you would not be able to book LL reservations for a park you don’t have reservations for, but it’s possible that it will let you, you just wouldn’t be able to use them without purchasing the hopper feature.

1 Like

Seems like getting decent LL reservations when you arrive after 2 (not park hopping) will be an all day event. Constantly checking to see when the LL times start to show for the afternoon. Since some afternoon time start showing in the morning.

2 Likes

I agree and I’m keeping an eye out for any real time updates.

So far what I’m hearing most is that it’s great WITH RD’ing. My family won’t even wake up until 2pm EST, and I honestly don’t see us hitting turnstiles until 3:30 at the earliest.

2 Likes

I added sections on Rider Swap (as recommended by @mikejs78) and DAS. I don’t know DAS very well so I just referred to another thread that goes into more detail. However, the only thread I could find was focused more on Disneyland. If anyone knows of a comprehensive thread on DAS at WDW, let me know and I can link there instead.

4 Likes

Here is one where we had a good bit of discussion about WDW DAS as it was being pushed out.

@bebe80 included pertinent TP blog posts about it. They are sprinkled throughtout that thread.

3 Likes

Thanks! I linked to that thread as well as this TP blog post:

4 Likes

They are from my neck of the woods :rofl:

1 Like

Thrill Data is collecting ILL prices by day. It appears that weekend pricing is Friday-Sunday with Mon-Thurs generally being $2 cheaper. RotR has been consistently $15 while EE has been consistently $7.

8 Likes

You explaining how this could work with a late entry means more to me than I could ever properly say. If our families ever cross paths, I will buy you and your entire band of smiling cuties Churros!

5 Likes

Aw, thanks! :blush:

3 Likes

So has anyone seen any advice anywhere around what order to book LL rides for G+? Particularly for Magic Kingdom? Or is it just dependent on personal preference and availability? (I’m trying to help a dear friend who will be bringing her two boys (6 and 8) and will only have one day in MK and are staying offsite…)

2 Likes

From my observations, Jungle Cruise and Peter Pan go fast, so if you want those in the morning, I’d prioritize them.

3 Likes

Here is the latest LL availability map (including ILL) for Saturday 10/30 (a recent busy day). At MK, only PP, JC, and HM ran out of return times. Obviously best to prioritize these.

Here is the same thing for all parks. Note that some of the shows (MuppetVision, Monsters, Inc.) seem to stop distributing return times earlier even though they’re not running out of times.

2 Likes

Thanks! I definitely noted JC, HM, and PPF already based on the availability. But the remainder of the rides - I guess it doesn’t really matter?!

3 Likes

Yeah the rest shouldn’t matter too much since they never run out. If you go Thrill Data’s website, you can click on an individual attraction and see how far out the return times are. For example, here’s Pirates of the Caribbean, which distributes return windows between 1-2 hours out for most of the day.

2 Likes

I think that G+ intros a factor to my planning: LL priority
Knowing what to grab first seems to replace actually having a plan of when to ride it

2 Likes

I wonder how G and G+ will work for a second day at a park.
Since G isn’t an actual planning tool, will I keep seeing attraction recommendations that I rode on my first day at that park?

4 Likes

So Genie doesn’t work for EMH?
So if my plan is to hop to EPCOT in the evening, I can try to refresh all I want but I won’t be able to grab FEA after the regular closing time?

2 Likes

In theory, you can tell it a different set of attractions to plan for you on each day. In practice, Genie has been doing some strange things so you might get the same recommendations twice. It doesn’t know what you’ve actually ridden vs what you tell it you want to ride vs what it tells you you should ride, because there is no option to mark a step as complete.

3 Likes