The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

In theory, you can tell it a different set of attractions to plan for you on each day. In practice, Genie has been doing some strange things so you might get the same recommendations twice. It doesn’t know what you’ve actually ridden vs what you tell it you want to ride vs what it tells you you should ride, because there is no option to mark a step as complete.

3 Likes

I believe this is correct from all the data and anecdotes I’ve seen. You have to use standby during extra hours, parties, early entry, etc.

3 Likes

So I don’t know if this is a pattern yet but it’s worth investigating.

I was playing around with the tip board a bit today, refreshing periodically to see how return times shifted, etc. For fun, I figured I would try refreshing at the old FP+ same day drop time for SDD of 2:31 PM. Prior to that time SDD had been out every time I refreshed.

Right around 2:31/2:32 return times started showing up for Slinky at 4 PM, then 4:05, 4:10, 4:20, etc… Within about 3 minutes no more return times were showing.

Have to do more testing and at other times to see if this is a consistent pattern, and if the old drop times apply to any other rides… But this is interesting.

17 Likes

Great intel! I’d love to know if there are set drop times. We could resurrect the old pinned thread from @missoverexcited that went extinct. :wink:

4 Likes

I looked up that thread to get a list of the old drop times. That and @OBNurseNH’s old FP+ grab and modify thread were extremely helpful in my 2018/2019 trips…

4 Likes

I did not see any additional FoP ILL availability a the old AK 3:01 drop…

2 Likes

Bring back the drops!

2 Likes

3:31 Epcot drop: :white_check_mark:.

Showed no availability for TT, then suddenly availability starting at 5 PM and then quickly moving later. Seems to go more slowly than SDD.

So I would say at first pass, it looks like drops for G+ are maintained from the FP+ days - but not for ILL.

I’ll continue testing in the coming days.

10 Likes

I love you guys!
But, don’t tell other people.

eta: The super-secret drops. I think the love isn’t a secret.

7 Likes

I will say that DW was wondering why I was refreshing MDE constantly on a random Saturday when our trip isn’t until April. :rofl:

“Research, my dear, research.”

15 Likes

On Facebook I’ve seen discussions about waiting until the end of your 2 hour window, tapping in during the 15 minute grace period and then being able to schedule two G+LL at that time instead of just one. People argue that you can get more LL passes this way and ride more during your park day. Has anyone seen this strategy put into practice anywhere? I’m skeptical since you can’t choose your ride time. It seems like you’d have more down time. :thinking:

1 Like

Yes, someone posted a blog post about maximizing and stacking your LL (up thread)

2 Likes

I have been following this thread hoping for some insight into how to make our DisneyLAND Genie+ trip the best it can be at Christmas (assuming it will be available but I’m thinking it will be). Would definitely love to know if there are any “super secret“ drop times on the other side of the coast as well! Maybe remnants from MaxPass? Anyone know if there was such a thing from before?

2 Likes

Just took a look at AK 5:01 drop for grins and giggles.

5:00pm - FOP is 135 min SB no ILL available
Refresh for a couple minutes
5:02pm - FOP is now showing no SB available/ILL for 6:00pm now available
Refresh once or twice
5:02pm - FOP showing 135 min SB and ILL for 6:00pm available
I also saw NRJ go from G+ at 7:30pm to 6:10pm
The drops are something I would have never thought to check. Interesting.

7 Likes

I’m having technical difficulties. Playing with Genie from home. On my Tip Board the only park that lets me customize my Tip Board for my top experiences is Epcot. I know the best way to “refresh” while looking for G+ LL times is to have the rides (or a few select rides) “pinned” to the top by selecting them as favorites. Why won’t the other parks let me select my top experiences?

1 Like

This is only beneficial in edge cases - like, your return window spans over the two hour window. This will happen maybe once a day, if that. Usually I’d say just use your return window at the most convenient time for you. But if waiting 5 minutes will allow you to hit the two hour mark, go for it.

In that case, the procedure would be to hit the 2-hour mark, immediately apply for a LL reservation, then tap into your next LL, then immediately apply for one more. You will then be able to get another LL reservation when you tap into either / both of those two new LL reservations.

4 Likes

Are you iOS or Android?

2 Likes

iOS

1 Like

Not sure… I’ve had issues like that on Android and the solution has been to force close it and reopen.

3 Likes

Thanks. I’m guessing it’s more Disney IT fun. All day it showed no mobile order available in HS at all. If I click the restaurant there are mobile order spots that start immediately.

1 Like