The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

@Jeff_AZ I’ve been thinking about the multiple lines of G+ you can create (the more complex stacking). It seems with a 9am open that aiming for your initial G+ return times that overlap 11 is ideal. RD park and do a bunch of morning stuff while crowds build. At 11 get your 120 cool down G+ and then use your 7am G+. It should mean that starting at 11 you should be able to sustain 2 G+ return times rest of day. Then constantly alternate between the two. Theoretically sounds great. Has anyone actually done this though? We are not hopping and would only aim for HS and MK for this. But how do you control for the 11 return time especially with SDD being such a variable?

1 Like

Your plan sounds good, but you are right it will all depend on what time your first return time is for.

I maintain that the best strategy is to get the most in demand LL first and work backwards - so SDD first, and just try to get it as quickly as possible. You should still be able to do a rope drop strategy, even if it’s for the first hour the park is open.

To be honest, it’s better to have an early first return time than to stack, IMO. The hardest part is just getting an early SDD return time. The stacking is your consolation prize for not getting a quick return time.

8 Likes

Thanks! Another curveball. Did you by any chance see the new hacking over on the app? I haven’t seen it discussed here yet. Same idea regarding expiring return times but using double taps to get double LLs.

1 Like

That is being reported in a number of places. It seems like a glitch. It will be interesting how long it lasts.

1 Like

Which glitch is this?

3 Likes

On double tap LL attractions: go through the LL during the 15 grace period. You can book a new LL attraction after each of the taps (2)

1 Like

Oh wow. Yeah, I don’t see that one lasting too long.

4 Likes

This is posted in chat today:

1 Like

I agree that seems like a bug that will get patched at some point. I wouldn’t rely on it, but always worth trying to get a new LL when you tap into anything, just to see (even a second tap point in a single attraction, apparently).

It’s good to note also that no matter how quickly you get through all your LLs, you can still only do every attraction once per day max. So people aren’t using this loophole to repeat Big Thunder over and over, for instance.

5 Likes

Super valid point!

1 Like

I personally am more interested in knowing if the old FP drops are still programmed in the system since that seemed intentional in the past (and could be shut off on really busy days).

4 Likes

Here now and had great success with the double tap method yesterday. We combined it with the expire hack once or twice and turned one LL into 3. We rode everything in Epcot (combo of EE, Single Rider & LL) and walked into HS with LL’s for everything except Star Tours (didn’t try). We could have kept it up all day but ran out of eligibility since we already got everything one. Agree, the double tap method may not last long but for those of you with trips planned for the near future, it’s awesome!

4 Likes

I was just explaining all of this to my DH to which he rolled his eyes. I commented that it’s like science! He replied, good thing we have a scientist. :joy:

3 Likes

Can someone explain the difference between the Double Tap method and using the grace period to get two?

2 Likes

My understanding is that one can book a ride with 2 tap points, book a new ride after that booking’s G+ window has expired, then tap at first tap point and book a new G+ ride, then tap at next tap point and book a new G+ ride. Same principle as getting 2 by allowing one to expire except you get three because of the multiple tap points. In terms of using it as a strategy, booking a 2-tap ride with a return window that expires in the near future can yield 3 G+ selections to start off ones day, for instance.

3 Likes

Mind is blown. I will have to let that sink in once the dust settles.

ETA: Dust is settling already. There were reports in the first days of people having problems because of two tap rides. That one of the taps didn’t register and therefore that person couldn’t get another G+ reservations without Guest Services and lots of angst. I remember filing away the hint to Make Sure Both Taps Registered. Allowing either tap point to trigger a new G+ reservation would seem like a logical solution. They probably know that a tiny percentage of people will realize this and make use of it. But, not having angry customers at guest services is a good thing.
The logical solution would be to remove the second-tap device. But, I assume that they are there for a reason.

2 Likes

Just checked the 9:31am drop at HS. My phone hit 9:31am and MFSR was showing a 5:00pm return. SDD was showing no return windows available. Refreshed a couple times and MFSR showed a 2:30pm return window and SDD an 11:10am return window. Similar situation when I checked AK’s 5:01pm drop the other day looking FOP and NRJ .

10 Likes

This is probably correct. I’m not going to update the lead post at this time, both because it could change and also because I wouldn’t want this knowledge to spread too far. :wink:

8 Likes

I think they are. Every time I tested the old drop times except for one, I noticed new times show up. I want to methodically test to try to find the different drop times and which attractions get refreshed but haven’t had time to yet.

But it seems like the drops are alive and well.

7 Likes

Are the drop times of FPP referenced here in this thread? Used to have it bookmarked but not since the FPP demise lol

1 Like