The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

8 Likes

If these drop times stay, that is exciting news. At 7am, someone could get a reservation for near park opening at say Pirates, and do their thing there and then get SDD at 9:31 am.

Assuming park hopping, which I would think most G+ maximizing plans would.

3 Likes

As I was typing that I was rueing that this info will probably get out to lots of people because they will see the Youtube videos. I’d rather the knowledge stick with the liners. By not adding it to the first post, you are limiting who learns it here to those willing to read 600+ posts, rather than just the first and last few. So, I approve.

10 Likes

I agree. If the drop times/hacks would ever be shared in a lead post, it should be categorized in La Cava. The general public can see all this info here in this thread, but are limited to subscribers and long time users in La Cava.

5 Likes

Does JC have 2 taps? This will be my exact plan for next week then unless it goes away.

2 Likes

This is the MK list I have seen posted:

Rides with 2 LL turnstiles

Big Thunder

Dumbo

Haunted

small world

Jungle

Peter Pan

Pirates

Splash

Barnstormer

Little mermaid

4 Likes

Re: drops - At 2:32 exactly, times dropped for 4:00pm on TSM, TOT, and SDD at DHS (only those three attractions, not any of the other G+ or ILL). I was watching return times before and after, and it looks the availability that was dumped was all for between 4:00 and 4:55 - the return times quickly ran forward from 4:00 to 4:55 (in like two minutes or less) and then went straight to the general times that were previously available (e.g. around 7pm for TSM) or “Not Currently Offered” status.

4 Likes

Testing HS @2:31

Pre-2:31:30…2:31:30(approx)…2:32:30…2:33:30…2:34:30

MFSR n/a…n/a…n/a
RNRC 7:45…4:55…8:00…7:10…gone by 2:50
SDD n/a…4:40…4:10…n/a…gone quick
TSM 7:35…4:05…4:55…still good availability
TOT n/a…4:15…4:25…n/a…gone quick

7 Likes

Do you know about what time LL for MFSR has been out for the day?

2 Likes

No idea

1 Like

Here is the latest chart from Thrill Data. MFSR appears to be running out around 5:00pm.

Incidentally, this chart has disappeared from their site, so not sure if they are still collecting this data anymore. :frowning: But I expect this general patter to continue as far as which rides are most popular (and therefore should be prioritized for Genie+).

4 Likes

Found it. Looks like MFSR LL ran out at around 1:30 @davej

This one’s more accurate

4 Likes

Thank you! Looks like it can vary greatly from day to day. Given that my kids will not ride ToT or RNRC, I think my plan will be to book SDD LL at 7:00 am. Then MFSR when next eligible for a LL, and then TSM.

I had originally thought DHS would be a 2 day park for us, but now looking at it, I think with G+ and ILL for Rise and MMRR (and skipping ToT and RNRC), we could do it all in one day and likely get 2 rides on TSM (1 at RD and 1 through LL).

4 Likes

Here’s a good example of the variations the last couple weeks. The more grey, the earlier the LL ran out. You can see yesterday, it was available pretty long into the afternoon.

4 Likes

Looks like he was doing some site maintenance today! Those charts were definitely not there this morning or last night. But they are much improved to the charts from last time he had them up last week.

3 Likes

I’m trying to come up with a good HS plan for DD24 and I . We will only be there 1 day, may take an afternoon break but back in the evening, not hopping anywhere else. We are willing to buy both ILLs and Genie+, will want to ride all of the headliners and TOT, RnRC etc and probably twice on Rise if possible.

So maybe at 7, get SDD (but that messes up stacking, so should we RD it instead?) We will definitely buy RISE and MMRR if it helps us. Ugh, I keep getting confused on which to get first and which to RD. We will be able to ride anything right before closing so that may help.
Anyone wanna take a shot at a plan for us?

3 Likes

Staying onsite I assume, so you can use early entry?

3 Likes

Yes! At Dolphin so we can walk.

2 Likes

TBH, leaving in the afternoon is the worst way to use Genie+, because that’s when your stacked LL reservations will start piling up. A more natural way is to do a late morning and waltz in around lunchtime and stay till park close.

If you’re going to stick with the afternoon break, here is my advice:

1. Get SDD right at 7am. If the time being distributed doesn’t work for you, drop it or get something else instead, or wait a few seconds until it is distributing during the evening when you will be back (the times will go quick).

2. Immediately after securing your first LL reservation, get an ILL for RotR. Availability will be limited, but get the earliest time that works with your schedule.

3. Get an ILL for MMRR for the earliest time that fits in with your other plans.

4. Presumably you will have to wait at least two hours for your SDD time to come up. While waiting, rope drop ToT and RnRC.

5. Ride anything that has a short wait (check TSM - if it’s over 30 min, skip it until you have a LL).

6. 2 hours after the park opens, get your second LL for the earliest return time that works for you, prioritizing as follows (assuming you didn’t already ride by this point, unless you want to repeat):

• SDD > MFSR > ToT > RnRC > AS2 > TSM
  1. Take your break and have meals when it makes sense. Ride rides with low waits.

2. If you apply for new LLs every two hours and/or after using one, you should be able to get through all the headliners and have stacked LLs to use in the evening.

3. If you want to ride RotR twice, do the second time around 5pm (that’s when the line is generally shortest).

This will all be dependent on the right return times coming up, which may take a bit of luck, refreshing, watching the drop times, etc. Keep in mind that in the time frame you are talking about, you could usually ride all these rides standby, so you might end up in the evening having LL for repeat rides that you already rode in the morning while waiting for your next chance to book a LL.

Good luck!

10 Likes

Thank you!! My daughter is the one that wants an afternoon pool break and she doesn’t get much time off from vet school so that’s why we are going with that. It can be a bit flexible if needed! I really appreciate your help, my mind was going in circles trying to figure out all the possibilities. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes