The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

I was randomly checking HS times today (did not think to do drops) and they seemed to go faaaast. MFSR definitely went this early.

4 Likes

About 3 weeks in with Genie ā€¦

TP: ā€œHere are some strategies for stacking LL to knock out all DHS headliners in 1 day.ā€

Genie: ā€œHead to the Tiki Room for a 0 minute wait.ā€

14 Likes

Well, since they wonā€™t have the 2pm start from park hopping there, some of the stacked G+ could be late morning.

I would be at the front of early entry pack and concentrate on getting stacked G+ first, rather than highest priority rides. Then start to de-stack by getting G+ for after your return time.

I assume you are going before TP will have something. Iā€™d look at those Thrill data charts and watch the app to come up with my own game plan.

3 Likes

Hi all. First time posting. Iā€™m going to be at WDW the few days before Thanksgiving (I know, crazy crowded) and not staying on property. Iā€™m looking at Hollywood Studios right now, 30 minutes before general rope drop and SDD is already sold out for the day (ok, itā€™s Genie + so off resort one still have grabbed that at 7:00), but RotR is already close to sold out, Smugglerā€™s Run is late in the afternoon, etc. I guess my question is: do people think during busy weeks, RotR is already going to be sold out before offsite guests are allowed to buy? And will Genie + somehow be less worth it in busy weeks if everything big isnā€™t available until evening past your first (so if, for instance, SDD isnā€™t available until say 4:30 at 7:00 am, you really wonā€™t be able to book more than a couple of big line attractions and all at the end of the day)?
p.s. 9:00 am edit - I went back in at 9:00am rope drop and all tickets for RotR were gone already, which doesnā€™t give me confidence for Thanksgiving week.

2 Likes

This is what iā€™m wondering too and plan on watching over thanksgiving. We are going over Presidentā€™s week. Current plan is to rope drop MMRR grab SDD first then debating to grab MFSR or just try to grab earlier ones and use as we go and hope to grab MFSR later in the day. Debating taking a good break and going offsite to eat as I think there may be a good lag from morning rides to afternoon. So hard to plan not knowing what time SDD will be.

1 Like

Well at least for ILL, you donā€™t have to buy until you get the pass. As for regular Genie+, the longer lines will probably make it worth buying for whatever meager attractions you can get through, even if itā€™s just Jungle Cruise and Pirates or something.

1 Like

Checked the 9:31 HS drop again today. Same as yesterday with regard to SDDā€¦ no return windows showing prior to the drop time. After refreshing a few times SDD showed an 11:00am return window. Iā€™m a bad liner because I keep forgetting to look at RotR, but thought Iā€™d report back on the seemingly consistent drops for SDD at this early drop time.

9 Likes

Right. Although I really do want to buy for RotR! :-p Your post is probably correct on Genie, but it might have the effect of just turning Genie into $15 individual ticket for one Genie ride of your choice.

1 Like

Did you mean ā€œinconsistentā€? Checking every now and then to see what has opened back up is a good plan - although I probably wonā€™t do it too often or you can spend your whole vacation refreshing the app.

2 Likes

This happened to us twice last week. One of our party was not staying on site and was never able to purchase ILL for Rise, it was sold out. Which brings another point that i am not sure was cover here @Jeff_AZ . If members of your group are not staying on site you can get all your ILL or LL together at 7am. They are not eligible and thats what comes up in the app. We found this rather problematic and had to split from those staying offsite instead of being able to plan the entire day together

1 Like

Thatā€™s a good point and a bummer that it works out that way. In general, FP type systems are hard to coordinate with large groups, especially those arriving at different times. The 7am vs. park opening issue is especially tricky.

1 Like

There should be an umbrella policy. Like if the majority of your planning party is onsite you should be able to add family and friends that are not.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been checking the old FP drop times (as have others) which has the potential to provide a bit more consistency in terms of when to check the app as opposed to just randomly refreshing it throughout the day. For instance, I set an alarm to check HS at 9:30 for the 9:31 drop. Both days Iā€™ve checked thus far, SDD has shown new availability between 9:31 and 9:32. Iā€™ve also found new availability for FOP when checking the AK drop at 5:01. Itā€™s just a little bit of extra knowledge to hopefully help a few people snag an attraction they really want, I guess. Could be useful if one is strategizing what to prioritize grabbing in terms of G+ or what park to hop to. Good to know Iā€™ve got a chance to grab an FOP ILL should we decide to hop to AK for a Pandora evening, as an example of how it may be useful for my party. Of course, touring styles vary so unfortunately it may not be as useful for others.

6 Likes

Can someone please clarify for me? On my arrival day, we will not be landing until noon and we are going to MK but will not be able to get to MK until 2pmā€¦We have a park hopper ticketā€¦

Do i have to check into my first park before going to MK?

for eg., Can I have park pass ressie for AK and ā€œhopā€ (without actually hopping) to MK so at 7am i will be able to book all my Genie+ selections for 2pm or later?

Or should i just leave my park pass for MK and monitor return times for post 2pm?

Thanks

1 Like

You have to go to the park you have an APR for at some point before going to a second park.

5 Likes

Thanksā€¦Whats an APR?

Advance park reservation.

1 Like

Do this.

5 Likes

Another option would be to keep the AK reservation, make your MK G+ and then before you go, switch your reservation to MK. Whether this is worthwhile depends on whether you think MK will be available. But, you can change your reservation day-of before you use it. MK G+ seems to be not far in the future.

2 Likes

Right now, the only days that park reservations are running out is are the weeks of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Yearā€™s. But Iā€™d be careful since that is no guarantee.

1 Like