The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

Ha, found this receipt this morning and thought I’d share it for comparison sake :wink: BTW: this was the miserably hot July I wrote about.

2 Likes

The average guest is quite likely going to do just that, though. Genie and Genie+ are telling them it will help plan their day. So if one is testing the product one would let the product lead and not vary from it.

4 Likes

OK that’s fair criticism. That is a little heavy handed with opinion vs objectivity

4 Likes

But if you compare one person being a ‘typical guest’ to a person rushing around with intent to ride as much as possible… which is what they did. its a pointless comparison.
They arent comparing G+ they are also comparing two different park approaches.

you have to compare the same park approach and ideals and then run one with G+ and one without. Then tell me if its worth it.

Then compare two people with the intent to ride as much as possible one with G+ and one without.

5 Likes

That’s fair.

2 Likes

I think there’s value in using different approaches and different tools but you’re right that they also need to use the same approach with different tools as a baseline.

If they do all of that they contribute to a straight up comparison of the tools AND whether those tools enable or hamper different approaches.

5 Likes

But, again, I disagree. Those are both different types of typical guests. So, seeing both in comparison helps inform if, for you, as a type of guest, one type is more appealing. I’ve been both types at times, and so seeing both played out would help me decide which works best for me.

2 Likes

But he’s right that in order to see the true value you’d need to see relaxed w/ Genie v relaxed w/ Genie+ AND commando w/ Genie and commando w/ Genie +

6 Likes

Yes…I’m just taking issue with saying that it was “pointless”. It wasn’t. As I said, I found the comparison they did the best/most useful I’ve seen to date.

Now, if you want to break it down into testing all the variety of touring styles with/without, yes…that would be useful. But you can’t do that in a single video set. That wasn’t the goal of these, from my view.

2 Likes

Interesting and useful video but not a comparison… literal apples to oranges :wink:

also I didn’t say it was “pointless”! thats twice now you have suggested I did!
so please so dont take issue with something I havent said :smiley:

I dont really have a huge problem with them ‘comparing’ it even as they are fairly clear that they arent comparing like for like, but then following that with a misleading headline that assigns a value unfairly is pointless.

1 Like

But…you did! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I do see hanging around waiting for the G+ time being a natural thing for people to do if it is say 10 minutes wait. The brain’s focus would be on getting another G+ ride ASAP.

I see TP’s more accurate wait times being very helpful for that to counteract that tendency. Say your next G+ starts in an hour and you see the SDD (or something else that you’ll want a G+ for) has a 50 minute wait. You could do SDD and still know that you can get to your G+.

5 Likes

I want a comparison between a Genie+ morning with ETHE and a morning without Genie+ with ETHE. And then a comparison between arriving around 4pm with and without Genie+.

That is what my typical day will look like when we go the week after Thanksgiving. We have park hoppers and plan most days to rope drop, take a break in the afternoon, and then return to the parks. I believe this is something a lot of Liners do. I have yet to see this, at least from what I have looked at. So I’m stuck with reading plans with and without Genie + that last until lunch because they are focusing on mornings or last all day. So I’m still going back and forth as to what would work best for 6 park day trip.

8 Likes

Anyone got a link to this very controversial study?

3 Likes

I am also very interested in seeing how you can make G+ work in only the afternoon. We usually do one rope drop morning and one late arrival at each park. Looks to me like you would have to start stacking LL selections in the AM to make it work. But not an easy task when they only ever give you the next available time to book.

2 Likes

This would be great information, for sure.

2 Likes

Question about conference tickets (if anyone has experience with this yet). So if I have an after 1 pm ticket and I am staying onsite, will I be able to make my first G+ selection at 7 am like a normal ticket? And will it work like PH tickets in which it will give me times after 1 pm?

To make it more complicated, what if I have an after 1 pm ticket and the other person in my party has a normal PH ticket? If I attempt to make both of our G+ selections at 7 am, will it default to after 1 pm for both of us?

My plan was to stack my G+ selections for the afternoon, but not sure if it will work this way for a conference ticket?

1 Like

I just remember something about JoJo?

6 Likes

That is the easiest way to stack. For the park that you don’t have reservations, 2pm is the earliest time offered. Well, when you say late arrival and mean 5pm, that would be a bit harder.

2 Likes

This is kind of like the evening party question someone else asked. I presume you can buy Genie+ for special tickets and use it during regular park hours, but I haven’t seen official confirmation yet. I’ll keep an eye out.

2 Likes