Poll Time! Best Table Service Restaurant in WDW?

Welcome back everyone! It’s time for our first championship round to determine the best table service restaurant in WDW! Below are the links to the individual park / resort polls:

Any restaurant which received at least 15% in the previous polls will be included in the championship poll. I have indicated the vote percentage from the previous polls next to the entries below. We will continue with additional rounds until one restaurant exceeds 50%.

Note: Due to size limitations I had to divide into two polls based on a seeding system. Please vote in BOTH polls, even if you haven’t eaten at all these restaurants. Vote based on your overall impression.

Which is your favorite table service restaurant in Walt Disney World?

POLL 1

• Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’ (DS) - 43%
  • Tusker House Restaurant (AK) - 39%
  • Shula’s Steak House (Dolphin) - 31%
  • Jiko - The Cooking Place (AKL) - 28%
  • The Hollywood Brown Derby (HS) - 28%
  • Sanaa (AKV) - 26%
  • 'Ohana (Poly) - 24%
  • Garden Grill Restaurant (Epcot) - 22%
  • 50s Prime Time Cafe (HS) - 20%
  • Il Mulino (Swan) - 18%
  • Trail’s End Restaurant (FW) - 17%
  • Boma - Flavors of Africa (AKL) - 15%

0 voters

POLL 2

• Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant (HS) - 42%
  • California Grill (CR) - 37%
  • Tiffins (AK) - 30%
  • Liberty Tree Tavern (MK) - 28%
  • Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue (FW) - 27%
  • Raglan Road Irish Pub & Restaurant (DS) - 25%
  • Yak & Yeti (AK) - 23%
  • Be Our Guest Restaurant Dinner (MK) - 22%
  • Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen (MK) - 18%
  • Toledo - Tapas, Steak & Seafood (CSR) - 17%
  • Todd English’s bluezoo (Dolphin) - 17%

0 voters

Note: I included all table service restaurants listed on the Touring Plans Dining web pages.

2 Likes

Dang this is a little bit hard

4 Likes

I think I’ll watch and listen, since I haven’t tried all of them, yet… My family gets stuck in favorites and refuses to try new things. hmmmmm and we continue to go back to the same vacation spot time :face_with_monocle: after time… I see a pattern :rofl:

1 Like

Wow! Was I really the only person who originally voted for CRT? Inconceivable!

2 Likes

I’m limiting myself to choosing only from among those I’ve been to.

2 Likes

FWIW I voted for Homecomin’ since it’s the one I’m most excited to try next time and since it has such great reviews. I also voted for Be Our Guest (where I have eaten QS but not dinner) because it has probably the most immersive atmosphere of any restaurant I have been to, and the food (although QS) was very good, and I imagine the dinner is even better. I really want to have that filet mignon.

2 Likes

CRT got 10% of the vote in the first round. Still wasn’t enough!

You should stick to that dream. BOG dinner was the worst experience I’ve ever had on WDW property. My meat was burned to a crisp - not an exaggeration. Literally black / charred to dust! Plus, even though there were only 4 tables - including ours - in the “rose gallery” room our meal took more than 90+ minutes. (I had more / multiple issues, but I know I’ve ranted about this in multiple threads! Waste of $300 :money_mouth_face:)

Odd! When I first clicked on the poll I was the only person displayed. Now I see the others!

3 Likes

Yeah I have a hard time justifying the prix fixe with kids, so I doubt I will ever do it (my kids are so picky we can usually do one kid’s meal between 4 of them when we buy a la carte). DFB had a new video about it the other day and they said the filet was good, so you must have gotten a bad one. I love a good filet. But I guess I’ll go elsewhere and hope they return BOG to QS for lunch by May!

2 Likes

I wasn’t impressed w/ BOG either. If felt cafeteria-ish… and an expensive one. We waited, and waited, and waited for our food. Actually had to track down a CM to ask about our order and then we were served. It was just DS and I for lunch. Meh on the food and atmosphere, thumbs down on the service.

2 Likes

You convinced me to change my vote to California Grill. It’s another one I’ve been hoping to try but haven’t yet. Should I change my vote again or is that one ok?

4 Likes

You do have to remember that DFB is basically paid promotion by WDW, so while I enjoy watching AJ’s videos I don’t take them as gospel.

I have no doubt the restaurant was having a bad night. It showed from the moment we checked in outside. I really tried to be patient with them, but it got worse & worse as the meal progressed. I even asked to speak to a manager, but they never showed up. I contacted GS once I got home & made sure they got my side of the story. (We do have 3 FPP for each of us “on file” for our next trip - if the bring FPP back! :grin:)

1 Like

I’m surprised you say this - my wife and I loved our QS lunch at BOG. I had the roast beef / au jus. I have heard the food has changed since I went, so maybe it got worse by the time you went. I loved the atmosphere though. It was nice to poke my head into the different rooms.

1 Like

I don’t and I often disagree with her reviews, but she did say it was “one and done” for them, not worth the price. She is generally honest about quality. If the filet was burnt she would say so.

2 Likes

Don’t even get me started!! :rofl:

On top of everything, the main reason we ate Dinner was to meet The Beast. The Character Chaperone yelled at my teen so bad that she was almost in tears. (She didn’t know The Beast didn’t sign autographs & brought her book with her!) The park was still open for a couple more hours, but that we were all so upset we just left.

2 Likes

yes it was nice to look in the other rooms, while we waited ever so long for our food, but I agree with “one and done”. I’d go back to Cindy’s Castle before BOG and I think that’s overpriced. There are too many GREAT choices at D.Springs to waste time and money eating in the parks, IMHO.

1 Like

@Jeff_AZ

Confession - I have never eaten at any of the resorts! I have been all over Disney Springs, every MK spot & almost every Epcot eatery. (I just love being in the parks every second they are open & eat inside as much as possible!)

2 Likes

Homecomin can never be on my list because it’s NOT the most gluten-free friendly place. Example: At brunch since I don’t like deviled eggs (I honestly cannot even stand the smell of them), I could only eat some of the sides. Yes, the chef (on a group I am in on FB) said “Oh please contact us ahead of time and we will work something out” but why would I go to all that trouble when there are places like Boathouse - which is AMAZING with allergies in general - or Raglan Road - which is amazing at gluten-free??

I’ve only done lunch at BOG, but I still felt like I was in a cafeteria, not a castle. I found Skipper Canteen extremely immersive - I was in the yellow room once (I forget what it’s called…I wasn’t at the butterfly table, but it’s in that room) which had all kinds of things in it, and I’ve been in the larger space which is SUPPOSED to feel like a mess hall.

2 Likes

Please forgive me, I’m only 12 years old at heart

5 Likes

I really like Shula’s, but I voted Sanaa for the unique food and atmosphere.

Yak & Yeti will probably always be on my list of restaurants just for the Ahi Tuna Nachos

Edit: I just looked at the first list again. Somehow I missed Garden Grill. It’s hard to beat a meal with Chip and Dale…

3 Likes