Poll Time! Best Table Service Restaurant in AK?

Today is the third poll in the Best Table Service Restaurant series - Animal Kingdom! (Here is the link to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot polls.)

Which is your favorite table service restaurant in Animal Kingdom?

• Rainforest Cafe
  • Restaurantosaurus Burgers and Sundaes
  • Tiffins
  • Tusker House Restaurant
  • Yak & Yeti Restaurant

0 voters

Note: I included all table service restaurants listed on the Touring Plans Animal Kingdom Dining web page.

1 Like

Tiffins and Tusker House.

1 Like

I guess I am jumping on here first. I realized about a year ago that I have eaten more at Tiffins than any other Disney restaurant. I am sad that some items (forbidden rice) that defined Tiffins to me for so many visits are now gone, but I still love the restaurant. The service has always been amazing (I remember being so sad that they had such great servers and no guests my first few visits) and it is such a beautiful restaurant. I have always enjoyed my meals there and the FoLK tier 1 package was the only ADR I booked when I was planning my anniversary trip. Tiffins should be #1 just for that package (I hope someday it will return).

3 Likes

I voted for Rainforest Cafe because I know hardly anyone else will but I love the theming and food so much! I haven’t eaten at most of the other restaurants, but RC is more my style anyway, so I’m not sure I would be wowed. I don’t need anything fancy - just give me a juicy steak and a decadent chocolate brownie topped with ice cream and sparklers!

1 Like

Is Yak and Yeti any good?

1 Like

We were disappointed w/ both food and service when my daughters and I were there last Jan.

3 Likes

A number of people love the Kobe burger.

2 Likes

We love the volcano!

1 Like

Love Tiffins and Tusker for different reasons. Excellent food at both. But watching my kids go back to the buffet for donuts no fewer than three times in between meeting the classic gang tipped the vote.

1 Like

We love Yak and Yeti, and eat there every single trip. It’s so good!

4 Likes

I discovered it last year – its great Asian fusion. But Tiffins is a step above, hence my vote.

4 Likes

these dining polls make me want to go back so i can try all of the places! i’ve only been to yak & yeti and restaurantosaurus. yak & yeti was great and even worked out for picky eaters (who may have needed a little push to try things). in the end, everyone enjoyed it quite a bit. good vegetarian options. i’d go back. restaurantosaurus served its purpose for a quick lunch with a larger group that included kids.

tiffins is on my wish list!

3 Likes

We love asian food, so yes we think highly of it.

1 Like

Tiffins is my absolute favorite and we eat there every trip! But for my kids its got to be tusker house. Breafast only though.

1 Like

Somehow, I’ve only eaten at Tusker House.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

1 Like

I didn’t vote as I’ve only eaten at Tusker House and was not crazy about it. It’s not a place I would chose to eat again. Characters were nice but I wasn’t wowed by the food. No one in my family has any desire to go back. Against what seems to be the popular opinion, I’d choose TS at DHS before AK. We’ve left AK twice and gone to Sanaa and hopped to Epcot as well.

1 Like

I’ve been to Tusker House 2x and Yak & Yeti 1x. Haven’t been to the others. Loved Tusker House the first time, but the second time it was a letdown. Long waits to get in after ADR time, tables SO crowded, and lines at the buffet. Food is fine and more interesting than the standard buffet, and the characters are nice, but it was our favorite on the first trip and now I have no interest in returning.
Yak & Yeti was a terrific surprise. No characters, but the best food! We loved the curry, the green bean appetizer, and the fried rice and lo main kids meals. The nacho appetizer was enormous and a little spicy for us, but such a nice change from everything else we’d been eating at Disney.

2 Likes

Most of our meal at Tiffins was amazing! But…the runner dropped off our desserts with no silver and no sign of our server. DH went to a sever in the next section and asked for silver. Waited a bit but he also disappeared. Then DH began eating his ice cream with the one fork that hadn’t been cleared because it was melting (rest of us had non-frozen). Then DH went to someone else clearing a table and finally she brought us silver, appalled at the situation. (I think it was well past 20 min at that point?). We immediately asked if she could find our bill and DH sent us ahead and he almost missed our next show because it all took so long. It was such a disappointing way to end a wonderful meal.

1 Like

I picked Yak and Yeti but I also equally love Tusker H and Tiffins, so it’s really a 3 way tie.

2 Likes