Poll Time! Best Table Service Restaurant in AK?

The service at Tiffins was appalling when we were there. I won’t go into details but it might be the only time I’ve actually hunted down management- before the meal was even over! Anyway, the food did not impress me enough to plan to ever venture back there again. At that price point I expected better.

We love Yak & Yeti. The environment is fun and the food is interesting (but not overly so!) and reliably well-prepared.

Tusker House is somewhat of a mystery to me. It’s a buffet, right? We haven’t been there in possibly decades. I can’t even remember why we never go. But I don’t think we need to worry too much about it in the future. Whether it’s justified, buffets in general might be a thing of the past.

3 Likes

I’m abstaining. Yak & Yeti is the only one i’ve been to, and as much as I like it I am not going to argue it’s better than Tiffins or Tusker.

I would love to see people lose their minds if Restarauntosaurus wins though…

Edit: now that i’ve read the other comments, maybe I should just stick with Yak & Yeti.

3 Likes

You need to have the chocolate extinction at T-Rex. No sparkler but it has dry ice smoke. And I bet the decor is similar.

2 Likes

I’m debating whether to try T-Rex next trip. My DS8 loves dinosaurs (don’t all kids that age?) but the food gets even worse reviews than Rainforest Cafe. Also if we go to Disney Springs we want to try Homecomin’ (I even had a reservation until the pandemic dashed those plans!).

1 Like

I’ve never eaten at a Rainforest Cafe, but we enjoyed T-rex. Plus you can use the Landrys card to get in without an ADR.

1 Like

I’ve only eaten at Tusker House, of the poll choices. While I’ve always enjoyed the choices - especially the various frittatas - the chaos in the dining room is something else. Social distancing could have been more of a thing.

Last September tho, the choices weren’t as interesting. And the tables just as close. For our trip - this week! - I’d planned to try Tiffins, or maybe even Nomad Lounge as we were probably going to be only 4.

2 Likes

All of my friends really enjoy Yak & Yeti, but for some reason I’m INCREDIBLY allergic to it. The chef comes out every time and we go over my allergies and they are so great…but for some reason, I have a reaction every time. I’ve given up on visiting. The only other one I’ve been to is Tusker House, so it gets my vote.

1 Like

It’s become our family must do every time we go. I have REALLY picky eaters. They love the burgers there.

2 Likes

That’s… that’s… unAmerican!!!

But really, just try it once. You have to go to a big one, not one of the little ones they have in malls, etc. It’s not really a place you go to for the food, but experiencing it once is fun.

3 Likes

Well, here’s the thing: I think the nearest one is an hour away in Chicago. I’m not making a trip there just for a restaurant, and if I do, that’s not going to be the restaurant I choose. It reminds me of a time probably 18 years ago. My wife and I were in the city with her family to see Christmas decorations and do some shopping. We were all getting hungry, and we kept walking past really great looking local restaurants. Her mom said “no, there’s a great restaurant I want to go to!” Where did we end up eating? Bennigan’s.

4 Likes

Pshaw. The nearest Rainforest Cafe to me is 900 miles away.:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

But I hear ya about the chain restaurants. When we got to NYC or DC we always go to Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse, and it’s just us, other tourists and young kids dressed up for a night out on the town, because it’s their idea of a “nice restaurant”. But I have a thing for those butter-soaked filets :grin:

2 Likes

I haven’t had one of those in so long! I need to make a point of going there next chance I get …

1 Like

That is the only way I will eat a steak now!!

1 Like

The real thing these polls have shown me, is I really haven’t eaten anywhere in Disney! Time to try places when we get back!

2 Likes

We eat out a lot. And we were not that impressed with Tiffins. We realy liked Yak & Yeti, and have eaten there twice.

2 Likes