Poll Time! Best Table Service Restaurant in HS?

Is there anywhere worth eating at Hollywood Studios? Some people complain about the lack of good options. Vote in this poll and let me know your thoughts in the comments below!

(Here is the link to the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Animal Kingdom polls.)

Which is your favorite table service restaurant in Hollywood Studios?

• 50’s Prime Time Cafe
  • The Hollywood Brown Derby
  • Hollywood & Vine
  • Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano
  • Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant

0 voters

Note: I included all table service restaurants listed on the Touring Plans Hollywood Studios Dining web page.

I have not been to HBD or Hn’V and it’s been a min for MMRI but we always go to SciFi cuz the kids, now grown, still love it and we’ve never been disappointed w/ food or service. We enjoyed the momish nagging at 50’s but didn’t care too much for the food.

1 Like

Sorry, but this poll is going to be fun to watch (keeping in mind comments on other threads about HS dining).

3 Likes

No… there’s no “great” place to eat in DHS…

I’m the opposite. The food is good. Had a bad experience with the “nagging”. Now, if I go there I tell the hosts to notify our server to not do it.

1 Like

Wow it must really bother you! Is it because it disturbs the kids in your party (if any)? Do they take it too far?

Took it waaayyy to far once. I don’t mind a bit of fun and kidding around, but it’s was borderline “rude” behavior and name calling disguised as humor. I was on a trip with a girlfriend and she basically left in tears.

I changed my vote… Brown Derby is better overall. I’ve never had an issue there.

1 Like

the Brown Derby is an excellent restaurant. I love SciFi for the fun, and always try to book there, but for quality of the meal its HBD for me

1 Like

I voted for HBD. I do love sharing a plate of 50s fried chicken over drinks at Tune In. I have also had a “good” meal at Mama’s, but my son’s food was inedible. I know others might have different opinions but I have never had a bad meal at HBD. In fact, I am always shocked by how much I enjoy my meals there.

1 Like

Yikes! That’s not magical at all!

1 Like

I know… It was a lunch meal… so that basically scrapped that day in the parks! :roll_eyes::laughing:

1 Like

That’s too bad. I’ve only been once, with DD-then-16. We got a relatively gentle treatment (focused on her for not eating her peas) but after she said “That was fun, I’m glad we tried it. Let’s not go again.”

3 Likes

some of our best dining memories are at the Whispering Canyons at WL. Asked for water: “Do you know how far of a walk it is to the watering hole? Out that door, past the pool, then down…” (you get the idea). Asked for a staw: A handful came flying over from behind to our table :joy:. I we LOVE asking for ketchup even if we don’t need it :heart_eyes: Then we saw a CM take someones cell phone from their hands and say to the person on the other end: “Do you mind? We’re eating dinner now, he’ll have to call you back later!”

1 Like

Every “joke” was about our appearance. It was a hot day, we were sweaty / tired so we didn’t look our best. This was the core of the “humor”.

Also, I’m 5’ 2" and she is just a little under 5’. There were too many jabs about it. Also, we were both in our early 20s and have “youthful” appearances = more “jokes” about our parents not supervising us & etc…

You want to tell me to eat my peas - :laughing: / Verify that I washed my hands - :rofl:

Tell me and my partner that we look like smelly dwarfs… :rage:

2 Likes

oh my… I understand why you were unhappy. I would be too!

3 Likes

I chose Sci Fi because of the whole drive in atmosphere and how surprisingly quiet it was in there. The burgers and fries were delicious and my family got a kick out of the movies. I also love the food at Mama Melrose. The steak and mac and cheese were delicious and the desserts were very good as well.

3 Likes

So maybe the proper question is “ Which is your least unfavorite table service restaurant in Hollywood Studios?” :laughing:

2 Likes

We really love both the Sci Fi and the 50s Primetime. The chicken pot pie at the 50s Primetime is my favorite thing I’ve had to eat at all of WDW and I always go there for it. We also really enjoyed the Brown Derby once.

1 Like

I’d prefer table service at DHS to Animal Kingdom.

2 Likes

I have eaten at 50s and H&V. We were going to scifi last trip but it was so hot we skipped it to go swimming. I really liked the Disney Jr. characters when my older kids were into Doc McStuffins, Jake and Sofia the 1st, but I’m not sure who the characters are now. The food was okay but not great at H&V. I only went to 50s once, but I liked the food and the theming was great.

Wow. As little as I had to add to AK, I have less to add here. I have never had an urge to do a TS at HS.

1 Like