I've Got a Really Good Feeling About This! A Weekend Getaway Trip Report

Welcome back! Last time I reported, we took a family trip to WDW in May/June 2021. This time, it’s just me and DW on a weekend getaway to Disneyland!

The Suspects:

(pic from our WDW trip)

For those wanting pics of my little DDs, I have good news - we will be taking a trip to WDW in just 33 days! Not satisfied? Will DD2 make a Rogue appearance in this trip report? Only time will tell.

The Plan:

We leave first thing in the morning tomorrow. If all goes well, we will be at the gates before lunchtime. (I even have my car gassed up in case we have to drive! Hear me, Southwest? Hold together.)

We will be staying at the Grand Californian for two nights and come home Saturday. As a special treat, we will be going to the Hollywood Bowl Friday night to hear John Williams (and David Newman) conduct the LA Philharmonic Orchestra at Maestro of the Movies.

All set?

32 Likes

I am SO EXCITED to follow this report!!!

Yay! Looking forward to your report on this :smiley:

5 Likes

So exciting!! Hope it’s a fabulous trip!

3 Likes

Have a blast @Jeff_AZ!! Safe travels.

4 Likes

Couples trips are the best trips. Have all the fun! I hope you don’t have to drive.

4 Likes

!! YAY! I thought it wasn’t going to be for a few years!

So happy you and your amazing DW get to sneak away! Have ALL the fun!

5 Likes

Have a wonderful time! Sounds amazing!

3 Likes

They obviously don’t follow you on Instagram! That is how I get my adorable fix. Looking forward to following along with your trip.

4 Likes

Bath time for the girls before we leave town for the weekend! (Anyone else only bathe their kids once a week. :grimacing:)

22 Likes

They are such beauties :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Oh and here’s DS:

20 Likes

Awesome PJs!

5 Likes

Seriously, I love those smiles!! Your family is the best.

5 Likes

:raising_hand_woman:t2:

(Wednesday night in our house too!)

6 Likes

Thank goodness I’m not alone! :joy:

2 Likes

Good morning! We were up bright and early here on the west coast. Our flight leaves at 8:05am and so far is on time. Our plane is arriving from Albuquerque shortly. (Of course I was tracking it!)

Beautiful airport - Sky Harbor was recently renovated and it’s probably my favorite U.S. airport I’ve been to, as long as you aren’t switching airlines / terminals while here. It’s a nice home base.

Crazy story: It was raining buckets this morning as we left our house. On the freeway, we had been driving just a few minutes when I saw something strange: a flash of a car moving perpendicular to me in my rear view mirrors! My wife looked back and saw the car careen into a wall on the far right side of the freeway! Thankfully she said it slowed down by the time it hit. I saw a couple of cars behind me on my left pull over - presumably they were involved in some kind of collision.

Drive carefully out there, folks! Roads are slippery when wet!

11 Likes

Safe travels!! Cannot wait to follow this :smiley:

2 Likes

Success!

Thankfully it had my party automatically selected. I couldn’t figure out a way to configure my party in advance. But otherwise the process was the same. cc: @bebe80

18 Likes

@bebe80 here is the sequence of screens (too much hassle to make a video):

Just before 7:00am (note no buttons for selecting party):

Refreshing right before 7:00:00:

Blue button appears. I press it:

Here is the screen where you could change your party, but I did not. It was automatically selected. I pressed the blue button:

The app is securing my boarding group:

Success!

11 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes