This is Where the Fun Begins! A Family Trip Report

We’re back! This time to Disneyland. You might remember my family from our trips to WDW in May and October. The last time I was at Disneyland was for a weekend getaway with my wife in September.

What: A family trip to Disneyland and Newport Beach with a detour by your host to Star Wars Celebration Anaheim (woot woot!)
Who: Me (39), DW, DS10, DD8, DD5, DD3, and special guest, DW’s youngest brother (DBIL)

Itinerary:

|Day|Date|Resort|Activity|
| — | — | — | — | — |
|Wed|5/25|Courtyard Theme Park Entrance|Arrival, Dinner at Downtown Disney|
|Thurs|5/26|Courtyard|Disneyland, SWCA, World of Color?|
|Fri|5/27|Newport Coast Marriott VC|Water Park, SWCA, Transfer resorts|
|Sat|5/28|NC|DCA, SWCA|
|Sun|5/29|NC|Resort Day, SWCA|
|Mon|5/30|NC|Beach Day|
|Tues|5/31|NC|Disneyland|
|Wed|6/1|NC|DCA|
|Thurs|6/2|NC|Disneyland|
|Fri|6/3|NC|Departure :(|

*SWCA = Star Wars Celebration Anaheim (just me attending with my nerdy friends). It’s going to be EPIC!!!

Follow below for more updates! :point_down:

42 Likes

Sweeeeeeet!

3 Likes

I’m so excited for this TR! I’m sure it’s going to make me homesick though and push my over the ledge of planning the DLR trip DD keeps trying to get me to plan!

Have all the fun and eat a Monte Cristo for me!

5 Likes

Oh awesome, I’m excited to see a TR with an off-site hotel and beach day! Are you switching hotels because of your nerd event?

1 Like

Can’t Wait!! Have fun!!!

1 Like

My dad is paying for the hotel at Newport. He is a Marriott VC member and rents a handful of units every few years so my entire family can get together there. I’m staying at the Courtyard so I can be close to Celebration (and Disney!) for the two extra days that I am there before the rest of my family arrives!

10 Likes

Yay for a new @Jeff_AZ trip report! Especially one with all the family.

7 Likes

Yay! Excited to follow along.

1 Like

Yay, excited for you!

Side note: whoa, look at the format of this itinerary. So neat and easy to read. I want to be like you when I grow up lol

5 Likes

Excited for another Jeff_AZ family report! Just so I have my characters straight, is this going to be the same DBIL that had a recurring role in the May report or a new guest star?

2 Likes

Is there something wrong with this?

2 Likes

Other than living in FL and I go to a park about once a week? No nothing wrong :grin:

4 Likes

Yay! So excited - feels like we’ve been waiting for this a long time. And best uncle is tagging along! Great news all around.

6 Likes

New guest star! This DBIL is 22 - same age as this millennium. He was born in the year 2000. LOL

15 Likes

Plan it! Plan it!

3 Likes

I am stuck on the couch recovering from surgery this week. I am so thrilled I am going to be able to follow along on your adventures. I love your trip reports!

8 Likes

Hope you’re back on your feet soon! :grin:

2 Likes

Hope you are recovering well, and glad I could pitch in to keep you entertained in the meantime!

2 Likes

I have the same aspirations about DLC too. Not ashamed either :rofl:

1 Like

Yay so excited for another @Jeff_AZ trip report! Can’t wait to follow along

2 Likes