This is Where the Fun Begins! A Family Trip Report

I just got $250 in the mail as part of a class action settlement with LG for a faulty refrigerator that broke while we were on vacation in July 2020. We came home to water dripping out of the freezer and engorged frozen pizza boxes. (Remember, this is Phoenix.) Had to throw away virtually everything in the fridge and freezer and buy a new unit on short notice. I’m glad to have the $250 but it doesn’t begin to cover our losses, but better to have this than nothing!

Churro fund replenished. :moneybag:

20 Likes

Hmmm we are in the process of shopping for a new fridge because ours is breaking. LG is currently at the top of the list :thinking:

2 Likes

We just bought a new LG French door fridge last fall (in AZ) to replace a side-by-side. Brand isn’t necessarily the problem, it can be the style of fridge. We made sure to get one with NO water or ice through the door, just internal ice maker. Previous owner had the power to the house turned off the day before we took possession. All ice had melted and leaked out onto the wood-product floor tiles, making them swollen. When we got the keys, and power restored, eventually the swollen flooring got better, but we replaced it with tile. With this new fridge, if all the ice were to melt, it’d stay inside the bin in the freezer drawer.

We like our new LG fridge.

7 Likes

This was an issue with a specific model in 2014 - 2017. Other than the fact that it broke after 1.5 years, it was a great fridge! :joy: My kids actually really miss it. It had a compartment within the door that you could open from the outside so you didn’t have to open the whole door to get the milk out. In general, LG is a solid brand.

4 Likes

We’re less than a month out from our little trip. I’ll be following along with interest. I hope you have a great time!

2 Likes

So your departure day is the same day that the best animated feature poll closes. :thinking:

Have a great trip, looking forward to following along!

5 Likes

i like everything about this. have a great trip!

2 Likes

Packed in and on our way! Right on schedule.

Kind of. DD8 broke her flip flop right before we got in the car to leave so we stopped at Walmart on our way out of town. She and DW are inside now.

33 Likes

Goodness me! It’s getting late!
Hurry up, dear! The ball can’t wait!
Have a good time, dance be gay.
Now off you go, you’re on your way!

23 Likes

Your road trip pic is giving me PTSD!!!
:flushed:

19 Likes

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

4 Likes

Yes, I was thinking the same thing and think we shouldn’t post these pictures.

5 Likes

I cannot tell from this pic what color and style of car seat DBIL is using for this trip? Perhaps it’s a booster only as I do see a shoulder belt in the photo.

6 Likes

Two of my coworkers will be at that Star Wars event this weekend! Just ask everyone there if they know a “Julianne”. :grin:

Your BIL has the seat I usually take in my niece’s van! It’s definitely squishy! Can’t wait to get to know this new uncle!

7 Likes

:rofl: He’s the tallest one in the car by far … no booster needed.

Stopped for gas in Quartzite, which is in Arizona (gas is so much cheaper on this side of the border) and now having lunch at Wendy’s. Yum!

24 Likes

It’s a regular middle seat with a shoulder belt. It folds down so you can get to the back easier, so kind of a slimmed down bench seat.

1 Like

:rofl:

2 Likes

I may be the only person on this forum that has also stopped for gas (more than once) in Quartzite! :joy:

5 Likes

Those kids are gorgeous, as is your lovely wife

Also, I see MF dice on your rearview. You get eleventy points

8 Likes

These pictures make me so happy! Look at the excitement. And, not that I have to tell you, but those kids are simply beautiful!!!

1 Like