You Might Want to Buckle Up, Baby! A Weekend Getaway Trip Report

Around this time last year, DW and I took a weekend getaway to Disneyland. While there, we swung by the Hollywood Bowl to see John Williams conduct a few of his greatest hits!

Well, it’s that time of year again, and DW and I are heading back to Anaheim tomorrow morning!

Follow along for our next adventure!

30 Likes

How has it been a year already?

10 Likes

That’s exactly what I was going to say!!

Have a great trip @Jeff_AZ

7 Likes

Good morning! We’re all packed up and ready to go …

Still have my DCL tag from my cancelled 2020 cruise. :rofl::smiling_face_with_tear:

DD3 came into our room this morning around 4am, just as DW and I were waking up. I put her to sleep in our bed, then got ready, and moved her back to her bed later. Glad I got the chance to hold her one last time before we left. I’m gonna miss my kiddos!

DW’s parents came over around 5am. DMIL is watching the kids while DFIL is driving us to the airport.

We’re on our way!!!

24 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Have all the fun!! Safe travels.

3 Likes

Have a fabulous time!

3 Likes

Very quick drop off and security check. At our gate more than an hour before departure.

16 Likes

Safe travels!! :innocent::rofl:

3 Likes

:white_check_mark: Buckled up

23 Likes

“One flight attendant said she knew there was something ‘not quite right’ about the couple because she had caught them actually smiling on an airplane.”

Enjoy your trip!

13 Likes

I’m curious about your tee shirt. I feel like I know what it is, but I can’t put my finger on it

2 Likes

It’s a Jedi themed shirt. I’ll have to get a full pic later.

5 Likes

Following! Excited for this trip report.

2 Likes

Just landed at John Wayne!

10 Likes

7 Likes

Interestingly the pic comes from an article now 4-years old asking whether it’s time to rename the airport.

I guess they decided not to :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

After leaving Phoenix where it was 107 yesterday, we got a kick out of this. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

16 Likes

She is growing up so fast!

2 Likes

:melting_face: :melting_face: :melting_face:

76 at 8:30 in the morning is really hot in my neck of the concrete jungle!

My Bay Area born and raised DS22 went to college in Irvine, just south of Anaheim and complained how hot it was all the time.

Here’s our 10-day:

We are entering the hottest 2 months of the year.

As much as DS complained about Orange County weather, I can’t believe he accepted a job in the CA desert! He just started work in the this week. Here’s his 10-day:

He has a 4-day weekend and will “escape” the heat to Irvine to visit friends and to San Diego to visit his sister.

Enjoy the “cooler” weather! Have a awesome, magical couple’s trip! Eat some extra yummy snacks for me!

6 Likes