You Might Want to Buckle Up, Baby! A Weekend Getaway Trip Report

Checked in to the Disneyland Hotel! Our room isn’t assigned yet but it will be in Fantasy Tower.

22 Likes

Here’s DD3 keeping Grandma busy!

18 Likes

On board the monorail! Just snagged a LL for Space Mountain. Thanks, @joelbruick!

21 Likes

Bought a churro and now in line for Space. Short waits across the park today and instant LL access. It’s a good day to be here!

15 Likes

My stomach was unsettled from the Uber ride (dude was a little heavy on the pedals) so maybe Space wasn’t the best first choice. :rofl: It was ok but now we’re doing the recently reopened Finding Nemo Submarines. Wait is 25 minutes posted, which is one of the longer waits in the park right now. At least it’s in the shade! It’s a good chance to let my stomach settle.

16 Likes

As always, the best pics are from DW:

24 Likes

Gorgeous, gorgeous photos! Y’all seem like you’re having the best time.

6 Likes

Wait, so that is saying resort package delivery is back at Disneyland??

5 Likes

Yes it is! I meant to explain that when I posted the photo, but I figured some of you would be interested to know.

5 Likes

How about a morning jungle river cruise?

21 Likes

at least one of us! So exciting! Although I know they have far fewer hotels. But that gives me hope for someday!

3 Likes

Never been to DL–do you actually go underneath the water!!!

4 Likes

You are below the water line but the sub doesn’t submerge more than what you see here.

4 Likes

Had a really great skipper! Which makes all the difference. Now we’re in line for Indiana Jones. Just mobile ordered skewers from Bengal Barbecue.

16 Likes

Someone said there used to be one at WDW sort of like that, if I understood correctly. I really love the idea!!

2 Likes

There was! It was 20,000 leagues under the sea. It was demolished a long time ago, I can’t even remember which refurb it was.

5 Likes

Love the waterfall photo! Or, I guess you would call that a waterfall. Either way, it’s pretty.

2 Likes

It was lame but I miss it. New Fantasyland now sits in its place.

8 Likes

One of my fav rides. The last time I rode we had a canned speech telling us stuff. And I think we were meant to look for Nemo or something.

I know when we went in 1994 with toddler grandkids the area was a meet and greet for Smee and Hook. (Great photo with the Capt and DGS)

6 Likes

I hope you have a wonderful trip!
I will be following super closely.
For the first time ever I opened the DL page to begin planning a trip…and got overwhelmed and immediately closed it. :grimacing:

4 Likes