I've Got a Really Good Feeling About This! A Weekend Getaway Trip Report

Wow!!:astonished: that is going to be amazing!!

4 Likes

The sun is coming back out after a rainy night and morning. Fly the friendly skies.

9 Likes

Allons-y!

17 Likes

Here’s grandma’s attempt at a pic of little DDs. :joy: Hopefully future pics will be clearer. They are playing go fish. Big kids are at school for the day.

15 Likes

Parlez-vous francais?
Je suis Acadian
Je parle un petit peu francais

3 Likes

J’ai etuder le Francais a l’ecole. Parle un petit peu aussi.

(Also before anyone asks, I don’t watch Dr. Who but I do know he says that!)

4 Likes

Have a great trip!

4 Likes

Just pulled back from the gate! We’ll be in Orange County in about an hour.

Oh by the way - there was a couple in line for boarding that was rejected because they were flying to Ontario (another airport in SoCal), not Orange County. :man_facepalming: I’m vicariously anxious and embarrassed for them! :joy:

8 Likes

Lol. Mine definitely take daily showers at 14 and 17 but I was like you when they were little until about 6th grade when the BO begins. Pro tip carry extra deodorant spray in car so any preteens/teens you drive around in middle school who have yet to start understanding they need it don’t nearly kill you. We carpooled and I made the boys do it before they got in the car and there were days even if it was 100 outside we rode windows down so I wouldn’t get a headache. Lol

4 Likes

Why would they be rejected for flying to Cali?

1 Like

They are at the wrong gate, trying to get on the SNA plane. They need to go to the gate for ONT.

5 Likes

Ooohhh

I hope they didn’t miss their flight. One time DD was coming in at one gate when I arrived 1.5 hours early to pick her up from dads and then I looked up right before she was supposed to land because I wasn’t seeing people or a plane and they had moved literally to the complete opposite side of the airport last min. I had to run and she was still waiting for me. Luckily the swa staff stay with them until their parents show up. But I wonder if they had a last min gate change and weren’t paying attention like me.

2 Likes

Have the best time! I love that you are taking a couples trip. I hope you get to enjoy those short wait times the parks have been having on the weekdays.

2 Likes

Landed!

Last view of PHX:

Got this news upon arrival!

14 Likes

Now that’s better. Nice job, Grandma!

Lyft picked us up and we should be at the Grand Californian just before 10am.

18 Likes

So are you missing your RotR boarding group??!!

2 Likes

I would have dropped my phone trying to do that and screenshot :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

You can go anytime after the boarding group is called, they don’t turn you away.

2 Likes

Oh that’s good👍🏻

We’re here!!!

19 Likes