Aulani bound... anyone else going soon or been? Tips and important details due to, you know, covid ;)

I’m going to check again today. Popcorn was at the Ulu Cafe right? That’s where I asked the other day.

1 Like

I don’t see anyone checking wrists though. First day here we sat in chairs w/o them…. Maybe life guards look as you float by on the lazy river? It’s not very crowded now.

Oh you get your towel with a band too.

2 Likes

Finally got a reservation for Hanauma Bay on 9/11 our wedding anniversary :partying_face: DH didn’t want to make the drive w/o one and risk not getting in. It’s $25 per person. Pros4.hnl.info you need to create an account to login.

1 Like

Yes, Ulu Cafe.

1 Like

I am very behind, did I miss this??

2 Likes
2 Likes

Perfect, thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks, @OBNurseNH! WDW trip report coming in October as well!

3 Likes

Random thoughts (posted in TR too)

1. Tap water is really good here not like FL/WDW
  2. Checked in 9/5. Mousekeeping came today cleaned bathrooms 9/9. They pick up trash every day
  3. All pools are salt water pools
3 Likes

Bottom floor rooms have balconies w/ gates and paths to main path. Sweet!

3 Likes

This is a full fridge in main shop. The first two days there were no eggs.

2 Likes

Aulani details: There are two sides; male , female. Can’t remember Hawaiian names. The female side , we’re in, are all DVC room types . Male side is a mix of DVC and regular hotel rooms. The male side is connected to parking garage and Ulu Cafe is at base along w/ morning coffee bar (opens 0600). We want male side next time b/c hike to car is a drag

4 Likes

Observation: there are oddles of lounge chairs but if you want a table to sit and eat at your SOL b/c they are maybe 10 in the whole outdoor area

2 Likes

Interesting. I guess we were on the male side. I had no idea. The coffee bar wasn’t open when we were there. :cry:

1 Like

The line is crazy at 0600 too :laughing:

Stop by the DVC desk for a GREAT map ! There are a bunch of DVC desks next to checkin at lobby image|375x500

2 Likes

Aulani beach, facing the ocean o the right is 4 seasons area… hardly used.

Center is Aulani chairs.

And left side with no chairs is public access and rarely used

4 Likes

As they come in they blow a horn that sounds like a conch shell :shell:

4 Likes

New state policy went into effect yesterday 9/13 @Trampslady_18966. You have to show proof of vaccination or a neg c-19 test w/in last ?? Hrs?? At checkin they are putting black wrist bands on ppl so they can order food at resort. You have to show proof at every restaurant on the islands

2 Likes

Once again, glad I cancelled my trip. That would be super annoying.

2 Likes