Aulani bound... anyone else going soon or been? Tips and important details due to, you know, covid ;)

At front desk at check in they asked how I wanted to pay for it…. Could they charge my card on file. $19.69 a day

1 Like

Interesting. I was probably charged and didn’t pay attention. :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

All the 3bv are here at the ends of each side directly facing the ocean. All but lower floors are considered ocean view. Shrubbery obstructs the ocean view on lower floors

Here is the smallest bedroom of three.

There are 5 sliding glass doors to the balcony that runs the length of the building

The master bath as a TV mirror

There are 2 entries

4 Likes

DVC mbrs that purchase a popcorn :popcorn: bucket get unlimited refills during their stay. :partying_face::partying_face:. Sadly the popcorn machine has been broken during our stay :face_with_raised_eyebrow::persevere::triumph::tired_face:. I really like popcorn. I have not seen refillable mugs here either…. Yet….

And if you show your DVC card at the pool towel checkin you get a special wristband. Today, now that we know, we’ll show our DVC card and I’ll share a pic. Time change is still kicking my butt a bit. I’m posting this at 0121 Hawaii time.

2 Likes

What purpose does said wristband serve?

1 Like

This would be devastating to us. We filled our popcorn bucket multiple times a day.

1 Like

You have to wear a wristband to get access to the pools and beach.

2 Likes

I’m going to check again today. Popcorn was at the Ulu Cafe right? That’s where I asked the other day.

1 Like

I don’t see anyone checking wrists though. First day here we sat in chairs w/o them…. Maybe life guards look as you float by on the lazy river? It’s not very crowded now.

Oh you get your towel with a band too.

2 Likes

Finally got a reservation for Hanauma Bay on 9/11 our wedding anniversary :partying_face: DH didn’t want to make the drive w/o one and risk not getting in. It’s $25 per person. Pros4.hnl.info you need to create an account to login.

1 Like

Yes, Ulu Cafe.

1 Like

I am very behind, did I miss this??

2 Likes
2 Likes

Perfect, thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks, @OBNurseNH! WDW trip report coming in October as well!

3 Likes

Random thoughts (posted in TR too)

1. Tap water is really good here not like FL/WDW
  2. Checked in 9/5. Mousekeeping came today cleaned bathrooms 9/9. They pick up trash every day
  3. All pools are salt water pools
3 Likes

Bottom floor rooms have balconies w/ gates and paths to main path. Sweet!

3 Likes

This is a full fridge in main shop. The first two days there were no eggs.

2 Likes

Aulani details: There are two sides; male , female. Can’t remember Hawaiian names. The female side , we’re in, are all DVC room types . Male side is a mix of DVC and regular hotel rooms. The male side is connected to parking garage and Ulu Cafe is at base along w/ morning coffee bar (opens 0600). We want male side next time b/c hike to car is a drag

4 Likes

Observation: there are oddles of lounge chairs but if you want a table to sit and eat at your SOL b/c they are maybe 10 in the whole outdoor area

2 Likes