Aulani bound... anyone else going soon or been? Tips and important details due to, you know, covid ;)

Hello All, @Jeff_AZ and I thought it might be helpful to start a thread about Aulani. My family is going in Sept and Jeff’s in October. If you’ve been recently maybe you have some helpful hints you can share? Here’s some to start:

NOTICE: To avoid mandatory quarantine, the Vaccination Exception Program is an option for those who have been vaccinated in Hawai‘i, until July 8 when it extends to those vaccinated in the United States. Details at HawaiiCOVID19.com/travel/faqs. The state of Hawai‘i will ONLY accept Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT) from a certified Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment (CLIA) lab test results from TRUSTED TESTING AND TRAVEL PARTNERS, including any tests verified through the State’s Digital Health Pass partners – CLEAR and Common Pass. For the full list of Domestic trans-Pacific, International and airline partners, go to TRUSTED TESTING AND TRAVEL PARTNERS.

You’ve got to be registared w/ the state before you fly out. @Dreamer suggested screen shot the QR code the state sends you once you are approved. She said she had to use it a lot while traveling to Hawaii.

4 Likes

Following. I am hoping to go soon. Watching for a discount.

3 Likes

I should add–screen shot the QR code and also screen shot the information below it (which would state Covid negative or vaccinated).

4 Likes

This is a repeat for @vcka but it’s worth mentioning here too.

The Aulani app is slightly annoying, but it does give you the daily list of activities including things like character M&Gs.

You need a wristband each day to use the pool and beach and to get towels. There’s no limit on towels as far as I could tell. The beach chairs and umbrellas are complimentary but get there early. We arrived at 8 am and the first three rows were taken.

The lazy river is awesome. They have cubbies at the entrance to store things like shoes and towels.

You can make your own Mickey ears. It was fun. But make sure you sign up early for those events. Like on the first day of your trip. Some of the activities cost money and the spots sell out. We did stargazing one night at the resort and it was fabulous. Highly recommend.

4 Likes

I would suggest taking some time when you first arrive to figure out where things are. I wish we had done that. We weren’t provided much info at check in and they don’t give out maps currently so you have to rely on the app.
Also check in was slow. I did online check in, but everyone has to show their QR code at check in so you cannot skip the front desk. There were long lines every day at the check in desk that we were there.

3 Likes

I’ve been scoping out where to get groceries since we will be there for 10 days in a 1BV. Renting a car is outrageous though. We thought we would try Barbers Pt or Pearl Harbor NAS commissary, since we have mil IDs. I know on a military installation we will pay CONUS prices and not island prices at a local grocer.

3 Likes

You should be able to Uber/Lyft to a commissary.
The kitchen in the one bedroom is fabulous and even has a rice cooker.

2 Likes

A rice cooker?!? Sweet!!! We thought about using a Lyft but how would the driver get through base security? Unless they have proper ID???

2 Likes

I’ve been exploring the Aulani website and I think there is a lot of helpful info or/ and ideas to prompt more questions :crazy_face:

1 Like

Yep. A rice cooker. I was oddly excited about that.
That is good question about getting onto base.

1 Like

Ask away.

1 Like

I will pull it all together. I noticed a lot of services but got the impression covid was limiting services. I’ll get back to you :wink:

1 Like

I was oddly excited about ice and filtered water in our OKW kitchen :rofl:

3 Likes

I would be too. :joy:

1 Like

Following b/c I really want to go there someday. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

We uploaded our vaccination cards to the Safe Travels Hawaii site. ( they call it an app) It shows that it is uploaded, but that is about it. I would think that we won’t get verified until it is shown at the airport, as it is not on any Data Base. Our trip is not until later September.

I expected that since it is still Disney after all. Hoping to still use our DVC benefits even though our room isn’t DVC. I was told that even though it says free parking is only when it is on points, they were told if we have the card we won’t be charged. Hope it works for getting the wristbands too.

4 Likes

We have tentative plans to go May 2022. :grin:

I was wondering how we were going to get to Waikiki for a day. I looked briefly at the Alamo car rental on site. It closes like at 1 and there is no after hours drop off. So, since we are not DVC members, we would need to pay for overnight parking.

2 Likes

That’s interesting your vaccine card isn’t verified until the airport. We received our QR code immediately after uploading our negative test results.

We just showed our blue card. No one asked if we were staying on points. Yay for sparkly wristband!

2 Likes

Supposedly Oahu also has a decent bus system. An Uber could get expensive to Waikiki. It doesn’t look far, but it takes awhile to get anywhere on the island.

1 Like

It may just be too early. The QR code shows up after completing the health questionaire which is done 24 hours ahead. Our trip isn’t for a while, but you can create the account and upload the card so I did that. Because it is not on a national data base, they just verify when we get there amybe.

2 Likes