Will Trade: Random Covid Info for Targeted WDW/UOR Info (aka Land of a Gabillion Silly Questions)

Yes BUT they could give you a hard time. Honestly, there is no reason for them to stop you but @vcka was stopped at Poly.

2 Likes

but you didn’t hear the end of the story… after talking to two CMs at guest services billing they both were going to talk to Poly security ldrshp about the policy. By GSB definition I was a guest w/ a paid food order and should have been let in. :expressionless:

2 Likes

Will anyone be at AKL on those dates? If there is someone you could give a name and room number of the guest you are visiting (through PMs) and no problem…

If no one here is remind me and I will ask on chat too.

2 Likes

I did here but no mobile order at Sanna breakfast. I guess Mara order (and cancelled will work)?

@amvanhoose_701479 you have me thinking in ways I haven’t in a very long time. Thank you

3 Likes

Florida has plenty of the dying jellyfish too! I had the same thought!

2 Likes

For our resort day, my family enjoyed walking around CWBC lake and feeding the fish (the front desk sells $1 of fish food) + checking out a few of the pools. @disneygirlmama pool hopped through all of the pools I believe:

For lunch, since we didn’t have a park day, we did Sanaa for lunch - we asked for (and got) a window seat to watch the animals!

2 Likes

@PrincipalTinker Good point! I’m guessing we could order a couple OJs and pick them up and take them into Sanaa with us?

1 Like

Yes that should work!

1 Like

Just want to say we have all of the above in common including the Orlando informer event so I imagine we may meet even if we don’t plan it. Here are my dining choices those days we’ll be at the same parks.
6/1 I plan to eat at the booths for lunch and dinner at Biergartn
6/2 lunch at Tiffins and dinner at Sanaa
6/4 brunch at Ale & Compass (or Topolino’s…do people have thoughts on which tastes better?) and dinner at the event
6/9 lunch at Yak & Yeti

Edit: I’m also coming from Texas (Austin) but we’re flying on 5/28th and staying at BWV until 6/9 then renting a car and going to Vero Beach from 6/9-6/12. I’ll probably rent a car service to the Orlando Informer Meet-Up.

Edit 2: My daughter’s 14th bday is 6/4! We’ll be sporting bday buttons too!

3 Likes

We will be hopping to Epcot Tuesday afternoon and at AK Wed. Maybe we’ll bump into you and @gingerSnaps543222!

4 Likes

I’m down to catch each other at a food booth and say hi. I’ll be with DH, DD13/14 and its looking like her friend 13/14yo (their bdays are 3 days apart) might join us if her dad agrees as mom has said yes. I somehow doubt they kids will be hanging with the hubs and I though at all times especially while we food booth hop. They’ll be riding Test Track and Soarin over and over no doubt.

5 Likes

For Universal I’d start in USF and do the shows at 4pm that won’t be in operation during the event especially the Horror Make Up Show and Bourne. If you want to see the puppet show in Diagon Alley (Tales of Beedle the Bard) that also since it’s not occurring at night. You won’t really need EP for any of that (last time I was there it was not even offered for Bourne). Maybe the 2nd day I’d start with the water rides in Toon Lagoon since those are also not offered during the event if you’re down to get wet. I’d save the roller coasters for last or at least after dark. That’s what we’re doing but get in as many Hagrid’s rides as you can as that may be the best ride I have ever ridden. Absolutely amazingly well done. My absolute must dos would be RRR, Mummy, MIB, Gringotts, Hogwarts Express, Hulk, Spidey, Kong, Forbidden Journey and Hagrid’s multiple times. Please please skip Fast & Furious. You don’t have to listen to me of course but hands down it’s like the polar opposite of Hagrid’s! I hope you get all your dining res’s!

5 Likes

Great minds! That is very similar to what I’d come up with for UOR so far. (I need to go fill that into the lead post.)

Our main priority is to have LOTS of HP time, so everything else is sort of frosting until the HP areas clear out. We heard to allow 1.5 hours after park close before even venturing into those areas. (Meanwhile, we’ll work our way up the non HP-rides in intensity until the DS11 twins tell us “enough!”)

If you’re up for it, I’d love to have a list of the non-HP rides separate for each park in order of increasing intensity to work from. (They were able to handle everything at WDW last January, but RnRC required some coaxing.)

Day 1
Pre-close TP Archived: USF Pre-Close #1
After that, ride all the non-HP USF rides we can until 1.5 hours after park close
Then make our way to Diagon Alley and do all things HP there.
Then take the train to Hogsmeade and do all things HP there.
Finish up with IoA rides if time

Day 2
Pre-close TP: IOA #1
After that, ride all the non-HP IoA rides we can until 1.5 hours after park close
After that we’ll allocate time between HP and everything else in the two parks depending on what we enjoyed most or didn’t get to the day before.

Unfortunately, it looks like the last showing of Tales of Beedle the Bard is at 2:30pm so we won’t be able to see that.

I’ll need to sort out a food priorities touring plan as well. Nice thing with 7 of us, we can get something and all try a bite or two and it’s gone and we can move on. There will be a lot of butterbeer in all the forms that will NOT be shared. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Some of this is going to be subjective, but I’ll give this a shot, including only major rides since youngest are 11:

US

ET
MIB
Jimmy Fallon
Minions
F&F
Simpsons
Transformers
Mummy
RRR

IoA

Cat in Hat
Seuss trolley
Pteranodon flyers
Storm
Bilge Rat Barges
Ripsaw Falls
JP
Kong
Spiderman
Dr Doom drop
Hulk
(Probably Velocicoaster here if open)

Depends on how you compare real motion vs simulator motion vs getting soaked in terms of intensity, but this would be my non-HP rankings from low to high.

6 Likes

We ate at Tiffins last year and it was one of our favorite meals of the trip. We were on the meal plan and did the Rivers of Light Dining Package so that helped make it seem reasonable (I knew my family would gravitate to the expensive surf & turf dish to make it 2 credit worthy and in exchange we easily split TS entrees at other meals to make up the credits). We haven’t decided if we want to go there again this time or let that memory stand in near perfection a bit longer.

We plan to eat at least one lunch or dinner as Sanaa, and probably a breakfast as well. Yak & Yeti looks likely for us on 6/9 as well. Thinking about Satu’li for lunch on 6/2.

I need to gather my brunch notes to get feedback on.

I am really struggling with this one. We ate there in 2010 and REALLY enjoyed it. We had it planned for the last day of our January 2020 trip but reluctantly cut it in favor of more ride time, and feeling like we were too food saturated by then to do it justice. With 7 of us, I’m just struggling with whether it’s truly a $400+ meal in it’s current format.

Speaking of…obviously all the buffets will be in different formats so that’s easy to be alert to. Is there a list that captures other significant format changes? Like BoG looks like it no longer offers QS at breakfast/lunch, just TS at lunch/dinner? And a bunch of menus have been significantly paired down? (Spice Road Table looks like the menu got run over by a threshing machine compared to what I remembered. It was another of those near-perfect meals with the fireworks that I might just need to let stay a memory this trip.)

Thanks so much! I’ll attempt to merge a concensus-y list if anyone else weighs in and work from there. That will be really helpful.

Most of the family struggles with some mild variety of motion sickness on occassion, so we’ll be popping the non-drowsy Dramamine for UOR for sure. That kept everyone happy at WDW so hopefully it does the trick.

1 Like

Fun off-topic pictures I found to share! So if you take the tram tour at Johnson Space Center, they often take you up on a balcony area in this huge hanger that looks down on a variety of working “exhibits”, like the training mock-up of the International Space Station.

Back when DD20 was captain of her robotics team, we got to visit and walk around on the floor of the hanger and even go into the training mock-ups.

Between those types of situations and her internship, we are probably a little spoiled with VIP access. :crazy_face:

9 Likes

We will also be hopping to EP on Tuesday 6/1 and will be at AK on Wed 6/2. Liner meetup?
Also at the UOR for the OI Meetup on Friday 6/4 and at EP on Wed 6/8.

It’s a party:smile:

5 Likes

Wow! That’s awesome! Love the photos.

1 Like

We were planning on visiting Johnson Space Center a couple years ago before leaving on our cruise out of Galveston, but ran out of time. Definitely have to check it out next time I’m in HOU area.

1 Like