Which are the top table service reservations that i should have for our trip in September?

That’s awesome! I got most what we wanted.
Day 3: San angel Inn for dinner
Day 4: topolino terrace for brunch
Day 4: Oga’s cantina for evening drinks
Day 5: CRT for lunch (I will be stalking to change this to dinner)
Day 6: Sanaa for lunch
Day 7: Topolino Terrace for breakfast

5 Likes

I have never been to any of these places so that’s exciting for us!

2 Likes

I just did my ADRs for my solo trip.
It’s a short trip, but I was able to get:
Boathouse
Tusker House breakfast
Cali Grill dinner
H&V breakfast
Oga’s Cantina
San Angel dinner
Ohana breakfast for departure day, but hoping Boma opens so I can switch it.
I’m trying to stick to places I’ve either never been to before or places that I can’t really go to when I’m with family. I actually don’t really care about H&V or Oga’s but I feel I should do it once so I can speak about it to clients from experience.

3 Likes

San Angel Inn and CRT were the only two TS places we ate at on our very first trip to WDW in Dec 82. I was wowed by them then (in my 20s), and I know a lot has changed since then (cost, quality, my dining experience) - but I still want to do them again someday. I hope you have a great time at all of your ADRs.

2 Likes

I’m also hoping for Boma breakfast to open.

3 Likes

its so nice you were able to reserve CRT. I am still trying to reserve this for September 9th for lunch or dinner. its my 10 year wedding anniversary this day and so i have been stalking the app everyday. lol

3 Likes

I hope you get it! I’m sure someone will cancel. Put it in TP reservation finder. What is your back up reservation?

1 Like

Good luck! I hope you get it! I’ve heard to try the night before when people drop ones they are holding onto for flexibility or change of plans.

1 Like

I dont have a backup reservation because i dont know which other i would pick. lol. i was thinking cali grill but i have 2 toddlers and so i doubt they will stay still for a long period of time at cali grill lol. thanks for the tips

I love the ambiance here but the food always disappoints. I really want to try Maya Grill at CSR. Anyone been there to compare?

P.S. Here are is my review of the restaurants we ate at on our trip:

Overall, I’d recommend Sanaa, Homecomin’ (for comfort food), and The Boathouse (for steak and fish) as my top three.

1 Like

ETA: Both Maya Grill and SA are owned and operated by Patina. It’s the same food for the most part.
Maya Grill is just as mediocre. Nobody that’s lived in the southwest for any length of time is going to enjoy Mexican food at Disney.
I’m mostly doing SA for the experience. I did read your review :grinning:.

I don’t do Indian food, so Sanaa is definitely out. The smell of the spices makes me ill.

3 Likes

TRUE!!! Mexican food anywhere but in the SW is a BIG disappointment. DH and I discuss this all the time.

1 Like

It’s one of the VERY FEW things I miss about living in AZ. That and having fresh lemons on demand in your back yard.

2 Likes

We lived in NM and not only miss the food but the arid climate :crazy_face:

1 Like

Coming from the Northeast (NYC Metro area then Philadelphia) I have a similar issue w/ Italian food, although occasionally you find a transplant in FL that has some decent food. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Same.
I’m actually really judgy about ethnic food in general. Living in a metropolitan area that’s very diverse has made me a food snob.

4 Likes

Brevard county in FL, where we live, has an Italian club… There are a lot of Italian restaurants here, but I wouldn’t know the difference. However, the pizza SUCKS here!!!

1 Like

The first time I had pizza outside of the NYC area, I was 14yo (mid 1980s) and we were at Carowinds in in NC. It tasted like someone took a slice of Wonder Bread, spread ketchup on it, and added some American cheese on top. It was absolutely horrifying!!

1 Like

GROSS

yes a sentence (I typed this b4 the forum gods tagged me :grin: )

3 Likes

Yep, yeah, uh huh, me, too. For instance, everyone recommends Homecomin’ very highly, but I look at the menu and shrug. I’m a very good Southern cook; I would put my biscuits, cornbread, sausage gravy, okra, black-eyed peas, and fried green tomatoes up against any chef in the world. Seriously. I won’t even touch someone else’s pimento cheese. I’ve been disappointed too many times.

(And I said “pimento cheese,” but I should also add that I won’t try cole slaw or potato salad out there in the real world. It’s just an iffy proposition any way you look at it. So much icky sweet slaw and tater salad!)

I really must try Mexican food in the Southwest. Las Vegas isn’t far enough south, is it?

4 Likes