Which are the top table service reservations that i should have for our trip in September?

@bay_loftis, I have the same question as above, with a leading reservation you would be making your reservations all on one day, and that day would be a week or so before your trip actually begins. Everything would be booked at once, and everything would be available. I am a bit confused.

I think it takes time for Disney to load all the reservations so they donā€™t all show available first thing. I know some restaurants I was looking for didnā€™t show availability when I tried to book first thing in the morning, but did later in the day.

1 Like

No, not entirely. My first night at WDW is September 14; then I move over to the BWI on September 15-22. So my disposable reservation is for September 7-22. I made ADRā€™s for three days on the first day the window opened, and now Iā€™m just making reservations one day at a time.

ETA: @Wahoohokie, sorry, didnā€™t mean to leave you out of the loop!

1 Like

Actually, no. Itā€™s the opposite.

You can only make reservations 60+10 days in advance. You make the leading reservation check in to be 10 days before Day 1 of your trip and the reservation go through your entire trip.

You then make your Day 1 ADRs 60+10 days in advance, but Day 2 reservations cannot be made yet because that would be 60+11 at that point.

So the following day, you make your Day 2 ADRs, because they are now in the 60+10 window.

If you are maximizing your leading reservation access, you make them one day at a time, each at 60+10.

ETA: Unless something has changed in the last few weeks, this calculator should work:

5 Likes

I guess I do it a little bit differently. For a 6-7 day trip, I usually only make the overlapping reservation to start 3-4 days before actual arrival, and then make pretty much all the ADRs on the first day. Maybe our last day needs to be made, but the majority are made on the first day when you can book. I agree the most benefit is as you detailed, but there is plenty of benefit from a shorter overlapping reservation as well.

1 Like

Yeah, it really depends how hard the ADR is to get and how large your party is.

We had a party of 9 for Narcoosseeā€™s that we had to split into 2 reservations. At 60+10, I was able to make them for the exact same time, exactly when I wanted. Plans changed and I needed to add a person just a couple days later, and the best I could do was having the new reservations 20 min apart and moving them a bit later (they were able to seat us together, but we had to wait a bit).

2 Likes

Itā€™s usually just me and the 2 kids, or maybe 4-5 of us if I go with friends. Much easier to get ADRs with a small group.

2 Likes

I need to clarify that by the time I decided I needed a leading reservation, I was already inside the 60+10 mark. I really thought that character meals and high-profile restaurants would be the most in-demand, and therefore, my relatively mid-tier choices would be easy to get.

I was wrong.

Iā€™m still getting a great trip put together, and my DH is really psyched by Jaleo and the BOATHOUSE brunch, but itā€™s not quite the trip I had envisioned.

Not giving up, though!!! :smiley:

4 Likes

Congrats on getting Y&Y and Sci-Fi ADRā€™s! Both are some of my favorites. Have you considered A&C for breakfast instead of Trattoria?

2 Likes

FWIW, our vacation dates overlap, and when my reservation window opened yesterday, I found that I had to refresh some things MULTIPLE times to get the right times to actually pop up. A lot of stuff showed up at 6:15a ET rather than 6:00a ET for whatever reason. And then I made one reservation at Tiffins at a time that wasnā€™t ideal, checked it again 10 minutes later, and the time I actually wanted was available when it hadnā€™t been before, so i booked that too and cancelled the first one. So - all that to say, if it appears at first that something is unavailable, try refreshing it every 5-10 minutes (try different browsers and devices too) and you might get lucky.

3 Likes

Thank you!!! I have looked for Ale & Compass for breakfast, and I very well might work that into the plan. Trattoria has a poached egg dish over polenta with pomodoro sauce that DH admires greatly. But I love breakfast ā€“ most important meal of the day! ā€“ so I would love to get the dark chocolate waffles at A&C. :heart:

4 Likes

My DW loved the chocolate waffles

1 Like

Has anyone eaten at Bull & Bear at the Waldorf Astoria? Iā€™m having a panic because tomorrow is my day to make reservations for my first day of my trip. I currently have a Bull and bear reservation as a place holder in case Victoria & alberts doesnā€™t open (thatā€™s where I really want to go). Is Bull & Bear worth it or should I make a different reservation?

ETA: I just watched a video of dinner there & Iā€™m more excited. I think it will be a nice kick off for the trip.

Making ADRs was a nightmare this morning. I slept terrible to begin with and then had to wake up an hour earlier than usual. I made sure to add my card yesterday but the app was not showing a card on file. I kept trying to add it to make a reservation and it kept kicking me out. I had to do it on a web browser on my phone. Ridiculous. It Still didnā€™t save the info even though I clicked the box. Iā€™m so glad I donā€™t have to worry about it again until Friday. I did end up getting my Tiffins at 12:05 and Citricos at 5:35 but man was that stressful. Ohana and Cali grill were no where to be seen.

First of all, I canā€™t believe I forgot to follow up on your Bull & Bear question. I have not eaten there, but your post prompted me to go look at the menu, and WOW!!! Oh, my goodness. Sounds divine!!! If you go there, I would like to hear all about it!

And I agree, Iā€™m bummed that Victoria & Albert is still closed. Not that I could afford to eat there. ROFL!!! When we were reading the dining chapters in the 2021 Unofficial Guide, DH said, ā€œI bet we can afford Victoria & Albert now!ā€ (Havenā€™t been to Orlando in 15 yearsā€¦ inflation happened while weā€™ve been goneā€¦ he was laid off from the job that allowed us to go to WDW all those years ago, and it now takes two of us working full time to make the money he made 12 years agoā€¦)

I said I thought we still canā€™t afford V&A. He said, ā€œLook up the prices,ā€ and I did, and I read them out loud to him, and he sat silent for 5 or 6 seconds and then exclaimed, ā€œItā€™s like they donā€™t WANT people to eat there!ā€

Yeah, they do, they just donā€™t want the hoi polloiā€¦ :rofl:

Anyway!

ADRā€™sā€¦ Not the walk in the park I was expecting. I just tried to make an ADR with the app on my phone instead of using a desktop computer. I had issues for the first few days with the credit card information. The card that I originally connected to MDE was flagged by our credit union for improper charges about a month ago. (I was trying to buy a new phone on Woot, and our credit union really, really hates Woot.) So my husband, who received the notice from the credit union while he was at work, cancelled the credit card. Ordered a new one. (Argh. SO MUCH STUFF TO PUT THE NEW CARDā€™S INFO INTO.)

MDE would say, ā€œYou wanna use the card you already connected?ā€ [Slight paraphrase.]

I would say, ā€œNo, letā€™s use this new card.ā€
[Inputting tons of credit card info and security codes and passwords and fingerprint thingamabobs.]
MDE: ā€œYou wanna hook this card up to your account?ā€
Me: ā€œYeah, thatā€™d be handy.ā€
MDE: ā€œā€¦ No.ā€
Me: ā€œWhy did you ask?ā€
MDE: ā€œIā€™m mean like that.ā€

I had to put the new credit card info in over and over, and it always asked me if I wanted to save it, and I always said yes, and it always refused to save it to my account. I got the ADRā€™s. They are connected to the new, valid credit card. But the credit card was not the official card attached to my official account.

Finally, one afternoon when I wasnā€™t trying to make ADRā€™s, I signed into MDE on my work computer and went to the section where you handle your credit cards. I deleted the old card information and added the new card information, and now Disney can charge whatever they want to my personal VISA card, and Iā€™m not at all worried about that. At all. Ever. This is not a concern. For me.

So things are easier now. :smiley:

By the way, I just used the app on my phone to make an ADR, and I still had to put in a security code to get the whole shebang accomplished.

I hope you sleep better tonight! I hope Fridayā€™s ADR-making session goes more smoothly!!!

2 Likes

Thank you! Itā€™s not just me! I dont feel so alone. DB is along for the ride and has no real idea all the work it can take to have a magical vacation at Disney and I donā€™t know how to really explain it without sounding like Iā€™m complaining about something. Lol. I will have to practice some more tonight to see if I can get the card linked correctly. I feel so bad for people on the west coast that must have to wake up at 3am to try to get a good ADR!!

V&A is totally worth it and itā€™s also worth it to me to skimp on other things like staying offsite because Iā€™m a foodie and thatā€™s more important to me. The only time I went, I went solo so the bill wasnā€™t double that lol. Iā€™d rather do V&A than an AK room or something like that though. Iā€™d even pick it over the AK vip group tour if that comes back.

Iā€™m hoping the spa opens at GF before September. I booked a surprise couples massage at Portofino bay but Iā€™d rather try Senses.

2 Likes

Wow, sorry you had much trouble. I find the app on my phone easy to use.

1 Like

I had one phone using the chrome browser, one phone using the mde app, and my desktop computer all ready to go at 4:45 am this morning (central time). It was totally glitchy, which I expected. And had to use each device at some point, cause the others werenā€™t working. I had the same issue with my credit card. I probably woke my husband as I RAN to the other end of the house to get my card out of my purse!!! Anyhow, I had been at it for about 45 min when my husband wakes up and asks what I was doing? I said, ā€œmaking our trip magical!!! Tinkerbell doesnā€™t do it FOR us!!!ā€

6 Likes

:rofl: this was me. :fairy:t3::sparkles:
Only what I said didnā€™t make any sense and Iā€™m sure he has spent the day wondering whatā€™s going on.

2 Likes

I love that! LOL!!!

ā€¦ On the other hand, Tinker Bell does do it for me. Every time. I will never forget the time I was with two of my friends ā€“ this was our first ladiesā€™ gathering in November 2000 ā€“ we were standing on the bridge to Tomorrowland for Fantasy in the Sky, and Tinker Bell flew directly over us while I cried and waved and jumped up and down. After the fireworks, I said, ā€œTinker Bell waved at me!ā€ And my friend Nina corrected me gently, ā€œTinker Bell waved to you.ā€ OMG, the tears, the tears ā€“ LOL!!!

Anyway, I hope you got everything you needed, Jdennis, but if you didnā€™t, just keep trying. I made some place-holder ADRā€™s for a few items but have managed to get everything I need by checking occasionally throughout the days. Just a little while ago, I added a pair of friends to our Wine Bar George ADR. Iā€™m so excited!!!

Now Iā€™ve got:
First evening in Orlando: Jaleo
Day 1: Yak & Yeti
Day 2: Trattoria al Forno for breakfast
Day 3: Sci-Fi Dine-In
Day 4: Boathouse for brunch; Kona Cafe for dinner
Day 5: Chefs de France
Day 6: Wine Bar George (eeeeeee!)
Day 7: Hollywood Brown Derby
Day 8: California Grill

If Boma opens, Iā€™ma 86 that Boathouse ressie and get my AKL fix outta this trip. But OMG, Iā€™m so happy! It already feels like magic!

5 Likes