Which are the top table service reservations that i should have for our trip in September?

I made my TS reservations for my September trip. Only places I couldn’t get and that I will be watching out for last minute availability drops are California grill dinner, Topolinos breakfast, le cellier, Ohana breakfast or dinner, Ogas in morning. I’m also awaiting word on Boma, Jiko, takumi tei and space 220 (lol).

Here is what I have right now for both Disney and Universal.
Bull & Bear dinner
Tiffins lunch
Citricos dinner
Toothsomes lunch
Bice dinner
Boathouse lunch
Skipper canteen dinner
Big Fire dinner
Ale & compass early breakfast OR
Grand Floridian cafe late breakfast
Chefs de France lunch but will probably just do F&W
Topolinos terrace dinner
Sanaa Lunch

I did see some BOG reservations, 1 oga and Ohana breakfast reservations but neither times coincided with our plans.

My ambitious list of Walk up/quick service/ bars to try to check out:
Nomad lounge
Satuli canteen
Ronto roasters
Trader sams
Bar at the Poly
Bar at California grill
Enchanted rose
Captain cooks
Sleepy hollow
Taphouse in HS
Bar 17 bistro (at universal aventura)
Leaky cauldron
Amatista breakfast (at universal sapphire falls)

6 Likes

Wow! That is – WOW, what a list!!! :heart_eyes:

Your post almost inspired me to try to get an Oga ADR. Then I remembered that DH is really, really disinterested in it. I don’t get it. He was one of the original Star Wars geeks; stood in lines that wrapped around the block at a Chattanooga cinema to see it repeatedly in the summer of '77. But he doesn’t want to go to Oga’s? OK. Weird.

So many of us have our fingers crossed for Boma – I hope it comes to pass!!! :smiley:

1 Like

I would get one anyway! if you’re able to find one on a HS day. Just try one drink. Its especially fun if you’re able to immerse in galaxys edge for a bit beforehand.

2 Likes

My husband is the same. He loathes new SW with a passion.

1 Like

I did it, by the way, you totally convinced me. I got an evening slot – ten 'til seven – so I guess we’ll get drunk before dinner. LOL

I told DH about it, and he deadpanned, “But what if I bring a blaster?”

I said, “I feel like this is a Star Wars trivia quiz, and I’m about to lose.”

He said, “No blasters! No blasters!”

And I laughed like I knew what he meant, but I don’t. :thinking:

I do know I want a Fuzzy Tauntaun, though.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

@OBNurseNH will enlighten you I’m sure!

2 Likes

Lol yay. When is your trip again? He’s probably going to enjoy it. I bet he’s secretly excited.
It’s easy to overspend in there though so be careful and prepare yourself haha!
He might be referring to the bar fights and Han Solo using his blaster (gun)? People die in the cantinas and no one around cares about it lol

1 Like

Han Shot First

6 Likes

September 14-22 – we’ll be at the Pop Century the first night, then we’ll switch over to the BWI (eeee!) on the 15th. The last night, after MK fireworks, we’ll check in to the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, which just changed its name to Signia Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, so I don’t have to end my trip on a half day without fireworks. (Fireworks should always be the last thing I see at Disney.)

When will you be there? When will all of us be there???

My eldest child, who is 32 years old, will be attending a Disney wedding right before I get there. We’ll be overlapping their trip by about three days, but I don’t expect to run into them. It’s like all the fun people are going to WDW just in time for hurricanes and love bugs. We shall persevere!

I will be there September 11-18. My last 2 short trips were in January and March and the weather was perfect mid day but I was wearing a hat and sweatshirt in the morning and at night. I went in September 2019 on a long one and just missed the hurricane by a week so there was no rain but I was definitely sweating through my clothes! I can’t do mid day hotel breaks to change this time so I’m thinking I will either bring a change of clothes in a locker with body wipes and/or wear exercise clothes like moisture wicking leggings etc.
I haven’t run into these love bugs people speak of thank goodness.
I’m staying at universal Sapphire falls the whole stay. I might regret being so far from Disney but I didn’t feel like coordinating a split stay and SF was affordable and one of my favorite hotels.
I am going to try to do a trip report this time.

1 Like

I’m afraid I don’t know anything, anything at all about UOR, but I just looked up Sapphire Falls, and it’s really pretty!!!

Love bugs freak people out, but they’re mostly harmless – unless you squish one between your calves, and then there’s a sticky spot every time you take a step. AUGH. :confounded:

2 Likes

I’ll be there 9/14 - 9/19.

…what’s a love bug?

I don’t know the scientific name, but love bugs are black & red bugs, roughly lightning-bug-shaped, that mate like little sex fiends during the two mating seasons in Florida. That’s April/May and August/September. They kind of swarm, so you can go for hours or days without even seeing them, and then poof, there’s a cloud of love bugs everywhere. If you drive through such a cloud, it makes a sticky, gooey mess on your car, and you have to pull over and wash your windshield. I mean, wash it. I mean – yeah.

1 Like

We saw ONE love bug last weekend… weird! But DH got lots of mosquito bites, which is very unusual for a Disney stay. Normally they spray so those pests are negated.

1 Like

The mosquito situation is terrible in WDW since Covid. At least for me on both my April and July trips. Got eaten alive both times. Very uncommon for WDW and very noticeable. They gotta fix that

2 Likes

They went after my daughter this time. Left the rest of us alone!

1 Like

Interesting glitch on the Dining reservation website this morning.

IIRC in prior days, only the next sixty days were highlighted in blue and the rest grayed out.

Today, the next 180 days are in blue although you can only make a reservation for the next 60 days.

Was I just not paying attention previously or is this different today?

No, I just checked; you’re right! Suddenly 180 days out. I wonder if this means things like fireworks dessert parties and … dare I say Fastpasses? are coming back?

Oh… wait, when I tried to actually book something, the blue dates went away. :confused:

I think you are jumping the gun a bit.

I was just thinking maybe they are working on allowing ADR’s going out more than 60 days.

Also this is just the website, on the MDE app the blue days are just the next 60.

2 Likes

@illini74 called WDW I think last week, and the CM told her the 180 date for her trip ‘in case it changes’. I am hopeful! Not necessarily 180 days, but further out means less people sure of their plans and booking I think.

2 Likes