Walt Disney World Resort Provides Update on Resort Experiences and Housekeeping, Transportation, Dining, and More - WDW News Today

So if you want a resort stay before the parks open only?

Maybe, since we’re booked through Sports and Travel we’re different? We had Coronado Springs for 24 - 28 June because of a competition there. We were moved to same days - Wednesday thru Sunday - in December, no extension of days, tho I asked, still booked at Coronado Springs. At a higher rate, which I expected cuz, December. Competition also moved to December.

I guess that’s how that would work out, yes.

I guess that’s possible. Sports and Travel is a different arm of the company and probably is using different guidelines. After all, your stay is linked to an event which dates are being moved. It makes sense. I would assume conventions might be the same as well.

1 Like

It does kinda seem to indicate that resorts other than DVC could be open yet this year.

Possibly. Or possibly they are just moving you to other dates that coincide with your event and will sort out the resort issue later. They are doing this methodically, so that those who have trips scheduled first get sorted out first, and those with trips later will be sorted out later.

I am not sure that we’ve heard directly from Disney on this, but I have heard it stated on a couple of very reputable, rarely wrong podcasts in the past week that only DVC resorts will be open.

Wait and see I guess!

Lots of recent experiences here:

1 Like

There are some FANTASTIC upgrades i’m seeing even just starting to read that thread.

It’s a very helpful thread.

Perhaps we can do the same here!

This would be fantastic to do here as well :hugs:

We’re always happy to stay in a villa. :sunglasses:
Tho we’re really looking forward to experiencing Coronado Springs! (so we’ll get moved for sure?!??)

Last time at this competition we were 5, so got military room only at Caribbean Beach. It would crack me up to miss Coronado again due to covid. :rofl:

Interesting if you keep your dates before opening. I just have to say, the poster about the SSR 1 bedroom is wrong if it is a preferred 1 bedroom. The renovated 1 bedrooms sleep 5.

2 Likes

Thank you for posting this link, very interesting to see what is actually happening.

Now I am curious, we have a stay at the standard view room at the Yacht Club booked for July 27-31st. Bucket list item is celebrate my actual day of my birth in the MK, July 29th, so we’re not changing dates.

There are three of us and refuse to sleep on pull-out sofa, need to have two queen size beds. Always avoided DVC studios since they are one bed/one pull out. Any DVC resorts have two queen beds that are not two+ bedroom?

1 Like

Does a Murphy bed work? Riviera has one queen and a Murphy. I hear they are just as comfortable as a bed.

Nothing is sure at this time.

And I certainly am not an authority.

I am sharing what I have heard

YOU WERE BORN IN THE MK?!?!? GET OUTTA TOWN! THAT IS THE COOLEST!

4 Likes

:flushed::flushed::flushed:Typo - I meant to celebrate my birthday at MK…although my plans are slowly getting wiped out, ADR for big dinner canceled, EMH at MK canceled, Stormalong Bay pool closed. Running out of original plans.

May go to the backup plan my wife has put in place, a week at the beach instead.

2 Likes

That might work, Thanks. I hope I don’t have to make a move.

1 Like

Our backup backup backup plan involves us (if our Disney trip becomes impossible at this point) to reschedule Disney for next May, and instead rent a week at a house with a resort (we’ve already looked at several house options) where we have stuff to do. Then, when we arrive for our Universal part of the trip, instead just just converting the expired tickets back over to valid 3 day tickets, to instead convert them over to seasonal passes. During the week we are in the house rental, then, we can do things like the pool/mini golf/kayaking that they have at the resort, plus head over to Disney Springs, PLUS hop over to Universal additional days if we want to.

Basically, we can wait until just a few days before we leave for our trip to make the final decision. But if Disney says either our resort stay has to be canceled, or if we get the resort but then can’t get reservations at the park, we go with the alternative plan.

Let’s see, we planned on going to WDW(offsite) for a few days in February, canceled that due to work issues.

DD15 had her high school chorus trip in March to NYC canceled.

Our trip to WDW(CSR) for Easter week, canceled.

Our trip to WDW(AKL) for first week on June, moved to last week of June.

Our trip for the last week of June(off site), moved to last week of July(YC), up in the air.

Trip to Pittsburgh (my old hometown) in July canceled.

So, I’ve come up with by my count eight different planned trips, have not gone anywhere yet.

Should have just said screw work and gone in February. BTW have AP.

2 Likes

It was more of a superstition comment. Since we’re really wanting Coronado and it’s our second chance, so to speak, it’d be funny if we got moved and then we’d be looking at a 3rd try.

Oh, wait - we’d HAVE to do another WDW trip. :+1:

darn the luck

1 Like