Walt Disney World Resort Provides Update on Resort Experiences and Housekeeping, Transportation, Dining, and More - WDW News Today

2 Likes

I mentioned this in another thread but one thing that stuck out to me is that Stormalong Bay will not be open initially. Is a DVC stay worth it with only a “leisure pool” open, along with some restaurants and Disney Springs, between June 22 and when the parks open July 11th?

4 Likes

I tried to scan other threads for this, but didn’t see it. It appears that these are some additional updates made later in the day, today. Got 2 newsletters from DFB today, so I thought this might more uodates.

1 Like

As I read this as well as the DFB newsletter, you will be allowed to enter a Disney resort hotel only if you are a guest at that resort or if you have a dining reservation at that resort.

1 Like

Yes, the story you linked is not posted in a thread that I know of. I just meant I posted about Stormalong Bay in another thread.

1 Like

Got it. After I reread your comment, I realized that you were referring to the pool. If I was taking my DGDs to BC and Stormalong Bay was closed, I would not be ok especially if I was paying that much money.

4 Likes

@Nicky_S’s has a pinned thread about re-opening news. She updated it with the U.K. thread. I will grab your US page although I think it is the same. Actually, I am going to add the Disney page and not the wdwnt summary.

2 Likes

I wonder how long this will be in effect, and how they will enforce it.

For December, we have an entire day planned around resort hopping to see the Christmas decorations.

2 Likes

I’m wondering too, everything says “during the initial re-opening period,” but I’m not sure how long that would be.

1 Like

Reading this myself, I am not sure hotel hopping won’t be allowed. I think it means those who don’t have a reservation on Disney property somewhere will only be allowed to visit a hotel if they have a dining reservation. It doesn’t really say that you have to have a hotel reservation at THAT hotel to visit…just that you have to have a Disney World resort hotel reservation.

Now, there is room for interpretation…but, for example, it doesn’t seem likely that Disney would be checking everyone coming into Beach Club to see if they were actually at Boardwalk, for example. We shall see.

1 Like

Thanks for the link. I thought there was a lot of good info in it, like confirming physical distancing on Disney transportation, housekeeping plans, no guarantee of park access with a resort reservation, and continued waiving of Disney cancellation fees thru Oct 3rd. among other stuff. Slowly but surely Disney getting info out that guests may need to consider before visiting.

1 Like

Stormalong is technically part of the hotel side of BC. If th hotel I s not open it would stand to reason that the hotel pool also would not be. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I wonder how long this will be the case. We are booked at Beach Club and of course Stormalong Bay is a big reason we chose it, although obviously we are mainly going for the parks. Hoping the current list is only a starting point for 6/22 and more hotels, restaurants and pools will open when the parks open.

2 Likes

Yeah I totally understand the disappointment. When we were booked for April, we originally had BCV because my son wanted Stormalong Bay fun. When we had to rebook (now late August), BCV was not available so we are at BLT. I know I for sure would have been disappointed if we were at BCV and no Stormalong. But I get why it’s not opening, too.

1 Like

I actually think initially you won’t be allowed to resort hop.

They’ll be wanting to reduce the number of people in the resorts period.

But it is open to interpretation.

2 Likes

That’s how I’m reading it too. And the more info that comes out the happier I am that we have a car and a ful kitchen for our stay. It’s 6 weeks from opening until our arrival and I hope more will open but it does feel like it’s going to be a struggle to get dining reservations.

4 Likes

I had planned a tour of the gingerbread houses for DGDs. Maybe resort hopping will be ok by December.

So this is what it says on the specific Dining page linked to from the main page.

“ What You’ll Need

Before you dine at Walt Disney World Resort, please be aware that you’ll need:

• Face coverings for each Guest age 2 and up, which must be worn in all public areas—including while entering and exiting dining locations—and can be removed while eating or drinking
  • Planning to dine at a table-service restaurant in a Disney Resort hotel? A confirmed dining reservation is required for day Guests (those not staying overnight) and is highly recommended for Guests staying overnight at a Disney Resort hotel

Also, it’s highly recommended to have:

• The latest version of the My Disney Experience app on your mobile device, with location services enabled
  • Cashless or contactless forms of payment

So actually it looks like you probably can try and hop without a reservation, but they could turn you away if they feel it’s too busy.

This is the link to the Dining page:

https://www.disneyworld.co.uk/experience-updates/dine/

1 Like

They are taking modifications for resort reservations up to July 4. I’m in my second phone queue waiting for a CM…

1 Like

Good luck. I am interested to know how they are handling resort modifications. Where were you booked, where did you end up modifying to, was there a price increase.