June trip rebooking success!

I saw that entry too, which is why I was surprised I could rebook. My original booking was AP discount and while “there were no more AP discount rooms available” they were willing to rebook me in late July at rack rate, with several options. From reading various people’s experiences it seems so random, depending on what day or CM one talks to.

I was booked at CBR for June 6-13 with the free dining recovery offer. I rescheduled for Dec 16-23 and will have to pay 1,800 more to stay at Boulder Ridge (this includes 35% off unfortunately).

1 Like

Did you re-book after they closed or before? I ask because because on chat they are saying if you rebook on your own there is a charge, but if Disney cancels the upgrade is free. I am questioning this?

I called on my check in date. I was told that had I not called, the reservation would have been cancelled and I wouldn’t be eligible for anything. I asked if I could move my dates and still be eligible for what I paid and they said no.

Thanks

1 Like

Yes. We rebooked June to October and had to pay for a deluxe studio. Very frustrating. It shouldn’t be an increased charge.

Welcome! Thank you for the info!

@I_LikeWarmHugs was CBR not offered as an option for December or did you want to upgrade? I’m thinking of moving my July res at AKL to December and CBR was one of my thoughts. Rack rate at AKL in December is very ouchy so I don’t think staying put is an option for me.

I will likely just cancel it entirely, but I’m waiting to see what my (probably very unappealing) options are before I do. 7/16-20.

CBR was not an option. I had it choose between the cabins at FW or a DVC villa. Boulder Ridge studio was the cheapest option available.

1 Like

Hi all - question! We had the free dining due to March Closure and rebooked to sept 15-22. I Haven’t called to check because I’m sure phone lines are crazy but I’m assuming this trip would be 35% off rooms, correct? But what if we wanted to change resort for same dates OR change dates with same or diff resort? Would 35% off still apply? I know I need to call but was wondering if anyone already dealt with a similar issue.

yes, but that is because you changed your dates, which its been reported before as them doing that. I was just curious about my resort being closed, and them booking me at another one. I’m not planning on changing dates. Thanks for the info, and welcome!! And sorry you had to get upcharged, that stinks!

There is a link in this thread to a Dis boards posting with a lot of people sharing their changes.

Looks like if you keep your dates as is and get moved there is no additional costs.

What are your reservation dates?

https://forum.touringplans.com/t/walt-disney-world-resort-provides-update-on-resort-experiences-and-housekeeping-transportation-dining-and-more-wdw-news-today/72610/176

1 Like

OMG! Thank you for this!!! I love seeing these. We are due to ARRIVE July 12th at POP so, seeing others process of Keeping their dates as we are going to, helps a bunch!

august. I’m hoping pop will be open by then because i really like the skyliner and that resort. but hey if they upgrade me for free i’ll take it!

1 Like

Wow, you are only one day past the current cut off day for making confirm/rebook/cancel. Keep us informed about what happens. You might be in the first group of guests returning to POP or you might be bumped into a free upgrade.

1 Like

Welcome @francesca.colasanto! I believe what people have been reporting is if Disney moves you to another resort and you keep your dates, there’s no charge. But if you change your resort OR your dates you’ll have to pay the difference. And no discounts are being offered for changes. That’s the gist of what I’ve been seeing anyway.

Yep, can’t do anything yet. Hoping to get that email in the next week or so! DH said “how did you manage to rebook our May trip to the day AFTER they reopen?” Luck…pure luck. Lol this is our first adults only trip, just the two of us!

1 Like

Just had my email re making the choice. Originally booked in BC (not BCV) 2nd September for 3 weeks (in April 2019 with free DDP and $200 gift card). Have not looked at anything yet so do not know if have been moved but the email states 35% off room rate in original invoice as compensation for cancellation of the free DDP. I have until 27th June to make my decision (today is 12th). Will be a tricky decision as am travelling via UK and international arrivals to US from UK are currently blocked for me. UK has 2 week quarantine on arrivals (fortunately does not affect me as am in the common travel area) and our borders are likely to be opened 1st week July - am due to fly out on 31st August. A second issue is the my airline has not currently restarted flying to Orlando!

Will update when decision made -= probably by Monday.

After discussion have decided to continue with booking, have confirmed so just awaiting updated invoice.

1 Like

Just received revised invoice. Still booked in BC (not BCV) in garden/woods view (the cheapest that was available back in April 2019) and 35% off the room rate. So in compensation our free DDP (3 adults) has been reduced in value to a discount value equivalent to a QSDP - a bit disappointing but we have been waiting 3 years so still plan to go if transport etc. make it possible… Only problem now is access to US along with will flights be running?