Walt Disney World Resort Provides Update on Resort Experiences and Housekeeping, Transportation, Dining, and More - WDW News Today

Thank you for posting this link, very interesting to see what is actually happening.

Now I am curious, we have a stay at the standard view room at the Yacht Club booked for July 27-31st. Bucket list item is celebrate my actual day of my birth in the MK, July 29th, so we’re not changing dates.

There are three of us and refuse to sleep on pull-out sofa, need to have two queen size beds. Always avoided DVC studios since they are one bed/one pull out. Any DVC resorts have two queen beds that are not two+ bedroom?

1 Like

Does a Murphy bed work? Riviera has one queen and a Murphy. I hear they are just as comfortable as a bed.

Nothing is sure at this time.

And I certainly am not an authority.

I am sharing what I have heard

YOU WERE BORN IN THE MK?!?!? GET OUTTA TOWN! THAT IS THE COOLEST!

4 Likes

:flushed::flushed::flushed:Typo - I meant to celebrate my birthday at MK…although my plans are slowly getting wiped out, ADR for big dinner canceled, EMH at MK canceled, Stormalong Bay pool closed. Running out of original plans.

May go to the backup plan my wife has put in place, a week at the beach instead.

2 Likes

That might work, Thanks. I hope I don’t have to make a move.

1 Like

Our backup backup backup plan involves us (if our Disney trip becomes impossible at this point) to reschedule Disney for next May, and instead rent a week at a house with a resort (we’ve already looked at several house options) where we have stuff to do. Then, when we arrive for our Universal part of the trip, instead just just converting the expired tickets back over to valid 3 day tickets, to instead convert them over to seasonal passes. During the week we are in the house rental, then, we can do things like the pool/mini golf/kayaking that they have at the resort, plus head over to Disney Springs, PLUS hop over to Universal additional days if we want to.

Basically, we can wait until just a few days before we leave for our trip to make the final decision. But if Disney says either our resort stay has to be canceled, or if we get the resort but then can’t get reservations at the park, we go with the alternative plan.

Let’s see, we planned on going to WDW(offsite) for a few days in February, canceled that due to work issues.

DD15 had her high school chorus trip in March to NYC canceled.

Our trip to WDW(CSR) for Easter week, canceled.

Our trip to WDW(AKL) for first week on June, moved to last week of June.

Our trip for the last week of June(off site), moved to last week of July(YC), up in the air.

Trip to Pittsburgh (my old hometown) in July canceled.

So, I’ve come up with by my count eight different planned trips, have not gone anywhere yet.

Should have just said screw work and gone in February. BTW have AP.

2 Likes

It was more of a superstition comment. Since we’re really wanting Coronado and it’s our second chance, so to speak, it’d be funny if we got moved and then we’d be looking at a 3rd try.

Oh, wait - we’d HAVE to do another WDW trip. :+1:

darn the luck

1 Like

I have a question about the early check-in thing. So you check in online and then just use your MB to go straight to your room? Do I have this correct?

If so, what about temperature checks and the other theater pieces of checking people for the virus? Checking in this way seems to circumvent any “safety” checks?

Along with no discounts available, yet another way for wdw to make people outright cancel? Seems that way to me.

Yes it sounds like the temp checks will be for the parks but not the hotels. Thank goodness! Imagine flying all the way there only to be turned away at the hotel and have no place to stay!

I wonder if they are asking people to pay if they ASK about upgrading but it happens automatically if you just keep the reservation you have? It’s not really clear to me.

I know Universal is checking temperatures on arrival at the resorts. I would expect Disney will do something similar?

1 Like

I thought I had read that they would check temps at the resort.

1 Like

Which I would also expect. So that makes the go-straight-to-the-room thing puzzling to me. Unless you have to stand outside the resort doors and get checked first. So then no motel style hotels can be used.

2 Likes

Yes, temp checks as you enter. I expect they will funnel all arriving guests through a central entrance. At Universal you get a color-coded band to show you have pass that screening.

So much for our POFQ reservations in December.

Yes, people pointed out they should have said yes, because it would mean they would have had to get a preferred room.

But there again, was it on there a group of 5 was offered a studio at BLT. That wouldn’t work unless they got two studios.

They could just put up a perimeter fence for the property and do temperature checks at the fence entrances.

2 Likes

More storm troopers! :rofl:

3 Likes

I read they are using storm troopers to patrol park and enforce mask usage :wink: (Read it in DFB)

4 Likes