Walt Disney World Resort Provides Update on Resort Experiences and Housekeeping, Transportation, Dining, and More - WDW News Today

I think UOR benefits from just being a smaller organization. But what I don’t understand is why Disney has not learned a great deal from Shanghai Disney. Of course, I know nothing about that place except it’s in Shanghai. Which is in China. Do they have resorts there? I believe they do.

I love that. If I don’t behave, will they send me to Kylo Ren? :laughing:

There are 2 resorts with a total of 1220 rooms. That’s less than 5K guests and the park opened with a limit of 24K guests (30%).

Resort guests are guaranteed entry.

But that’s a world away from WDW with 30k resort rooms.

2 Likes

Thanks for that info. I agree it’s a world away (in many ways :smiley:) but the communication piece has to have been worked out a bit. Although it’s China, so possibly not transferable to Florida.

But, if they’re using a capacity of 30%, that more than covers the Disney Resorts.

1 Like

Shanghai opened it’s park reservations 3 days beforehand!

30% capacity of the WDW parks is 80-90k.

i think the issue is they don’t know how many people are coming or not, and they want to give people a chance to rebook.

However maybe they should just forget that now. Anyone with a reservation pre-park opening has now been rebooked or have cancelled.

Let anyone with a resort stay in the first 2-3 months book park reservations now.
Then open it up to AP holders.
And then to anyone else.

And roll the date forward after a couple of weeks or so.

And then people who want to rebook can decide whether to try and go in the Fall or next year.

4 Likes

One thought I’ve had recently is that Disney is probably balancing being good neighbors to third party hotel owners and maintaining profitability for their properties. If they can open 30% of their hotels at 90% capacity they can save money and leave park capacity for the Hilton, Marriott, Best Western, etc. properties nearby.

2 Likes

I’ve seen the video of the ST at DSprings. They have recorded statements that broadcast, “yelling” at people.

1 Like

I was just able to change a guest name on my August reservation :grin:. CM said they will likely start modifying reservations through the end of July on Monday and August reservations the week after that. However she tried to make this minor change for me and it went through. I am so relieved! She also stated Beach Club non-DVC will likely not be open by early August and we will likely have to call to be modified elsewhere when they get to our dates.

4 Likes

Good update.

Not really a modification to the reservation though, but still, it’s a step forward!

I am supposed to arrive July 12, at a resort not open…with park tickets. I called and they cannot help me at this time, only guests departing by July 11th :-/

It is indeed progress…I had called 2-3 times previously and they were unable to make any change at those times.

That is good news! I was hoping they’d do July arrivals in a batch because I don’t want to wait a few more weeks to know if I’m going to be able to take my late July trip or not. Thanks for sharing, @threeprincessesfourprinces

Good to know. Booked at BC for 7/21. I wonder where they’d move us if we don’t cancel first.

I look forward to hearing what they tell you!

2 Likes

Don’t cancel! If for no other reason than we want to know what would happen!

It’s all about us, anyway!!!

8 Likes

Exactly!

[makes more :popcorn: and settles in to watch]

2 Likes

That is basically the only reason I haven’t cancelled my July ressie yet. Cancelled the airfare yesterday, but I want to know what Disney offers up to stay! We are at AKL, so I know I’m not displacing anyone else by keeping it for now.

3 Likes

I’ve got YC booked for 7/24 and will be sure to keep folks here posted…you know, for the good of the community :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Thats good news. I need to get my hubs off my res and possibly add my cousin instead.
Booked at pop for end of august… i’m so curious where and if we will get moved!!

And of course tonight we find out DS18’s GF has to move into college early due to altered fall calendar, right in the middle of our trip. Now I need to reshuffle people on my two trips. :weary:

1 Like

I just looked at our school calendar and granddaughter starts two weeks earlier and gets a full week off at Thanksgiving this year.