Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

Yes, I think so!

The AP discount on individual tickets does NOT then “transfer” blockout to those tickets.
I have to admit, I don’t post very often because I’m not particularly good at explaining myself concisely.

1 Like

No. blackout dates don’t “transfer”.

You are using your AP as a coupon for a better rate on a dated ticket. Dated tickets don’t have blackout dates. The ticket you purchase will be valid for a specific date and can ONLY be used on that date. (That’s the “catch”… you can’t change your mind about what day to use it after buying it)

Teamwork!! :wink:

3 Likes

Usually around the middle of November they are all set and ready to go with the holiday decorations but they start putting them up earlier than that, probably the beginning of November.

2 Likes

I don’t think I saw it mentioned, but seasonal AP discount is 10% off gate price for tickets purchased at the gate. My guess is that buying advance online (which is already $20 cheaper than the gate, I think) plus any specials (which can also be obtained through 3rd party sellers with slightly discounted prices) would beat the AP discount and save time in line.

3 Likes

Oh, I didn’t realize that was the only discount! Thanks for pointing it out. I would’ve expected a discount on top of the advanced-online discount.

Hey for anyone interested in seeing death eaters: We walked out of the 3 broom sticks about 7pm and inbetween that entrance and honeydukes is where the DEs appear between 7:15-7:30. Ours appeared about 7:25

I posted more pictures here: Locals chime in, WDW/USO ...continuous thread - #795 by vcka

9 Likes

The Dark Room is closing/relocating. Could the AP Lounge be next? With the Prop Shop space also available, rumors are a possible Super Nintendo World merch store or an Epic Universe preview center.

:thinking:

6 Likes

@josephmatt I think I heard that the VIBE Tour is no longer free, but forget where. Have you heard anything?

1 Like

Never heard about that, if someone can point me towards confirmation on it I’ll update the post.

Well I just called this number +1 407-351-7625 for the Hard Rock Cafe and was told there is no free “VIBE” Tour anymore. They currently have a “Backstage and Burgers” Tour that is available for booking (upcharge) on Saturdays.

Adding: @josephmatt your article didn’t mention the Gringott’s Bank Tour and the Velocicoaster Paddock Tour which are two of the best! :wink:

1 Like

Ooh - I didn’t know about these. Interested in HP but definitely can’t do the ride. How often is there someone to do these? Is it really as simple as walk up to the attraction and ask?

1 Like

Yes, but it’s hit or miss and only if there is an extra TM available. Weekday with not big crowds will help your chances.

These were all the recent tours offered, but not sure of the current status of every one:

USF:
Men in Black Immigration Tour
Race thru New York Studio Tour
E.T. Forest Tour
Revenge of the Mummy Production Tour
Escape from Gringott’s Bank Tour
Fast and Furious Garage Tour
Transformers?
IOA:
Incredible Hulk Gamma Tour
Dr. Doom’s Fearfall Villains Tour
Reign of Kong Temple Tour
Velocicoaster Paddock Tour
Forbidden Journey Castle Tour (unguided)

Remember you can always walk through and experience every queue to the end and then exit, or wait for the rest of your party to ride and meet them as they get off. Just ask a TM for direction.

1 Like

This is good to know. I don’t want to actually wait in a long line but doing a walk through would be great!

2 Likes

It helps to ask after 12pm. They tend to have more staff available, especially during weekdays.

2 Likes
8 Likes

I haven never heard of these from anyone.

1 Like

Orlando Informer is reporting Christmas Decor is being put up at IOA / Port of Entry as of today…

8 Likes

whaaaaaat ?

we haven’t even trick or treated yet

4 Likes

I was a bit surprised too!! I guess it gives them a head start when they have to take down so much HHN over at USF. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

See at 19:00:

It’s not mentioned here, but I’ve heard the term “Paddock Tour” used before:

3 Likes