Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

Would it be overkill to do both the holiday tour and the meet & greet breakfast for our family of 4?

1 Like

Do they offer AP discounts if you call?

1 Like

Iā€™m trying to decide the same thing. We did the holiday tour last year, but the description is different this year (no parade viewing but it includes an attraction now). We enjoyed the tour last year. Meeting the Grinch was a highlight of our trip.

2 Likes

Yes, I noticed it has changed. Looks like it includes more food options than just cookies & hot cocoa now, too. Decisions, decisions.

1 Like

That breakfast is amazing! The characters take some time to get to every table but they do get to everyone and the experience is the best character meal I have ever been to.

3 Likes

How long did breakfast take? Itā€™s only available on the day we leave so I need to figure out if we have time for it. Thanks!!

1 Like

I am so disappointed they arenā€™t doing the breakfast the weekend I am there!

2 Likes

If I remember correctly (it was 2019- the last time it was offered ), we showed up early. We booked pre park opening (trying to get to Hagridā€™s and it was an advantage). Once we checked in they walked to the restaurant. It was about an hour?

1 Like

you have to call to get the AP discount applied. Iā€™m sad they donā€™t do Mondays (breakfast) so @LTinNC82 and I are going to try the holiday VIP tour instead :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

The discount is $10 off a ticket

2 Likes

Perfect- thanks!!

2 Likes

When does UOR typically have their a Christmas decorations up?

Hereā€™s the details of the Holiday Tour:

• Exclusive Meet and Greet with the Grinchā„¢ and his faithful dog, Max

• Reserved seating for the Grinchmasā„¢ Who-liday Spectacular

• Small plates including cookies, Who Hash, Chicken & Waffles, Popcorn Shrimp, plus non-alcoholic beverages and a hot cocoa bar at Circus McGurkus Cafe Stoo-pendousā„¢

• A Santa meeting including one (1) My Universal Photos digital download per party

• Priority access to one (1) attraction (subject to Tour itinerary).

• An after-hours showing of The Magic of Christmas at Hogwartsā„¢ Castle.

• *Tour times are approximate. Subject to vary by date. Reservations and separate theme park admission are required.

Tours will include multiple parties in the same tour group; up to 12 guests per tour. Tour pricing and availability vary depending upon the date and product selection. Theme park admission is not included in the listed price. Reservations are required.

I donā€™t know. I think $80 per person is a bit much.

I donā€™t need to meet Santa and I donā€™t like not knowing if my ā€œattraction accessā€ is Hagridā€™s or Poseidonā€™s Fury. Also, I donā€™t like mixed tours. Youā€™ll either make new friends or spend hours loathing the kid that wonā€™t stop screaming.

For me, the breakfast is going to be enough for half the price. I just want a M&G with Grinch and a couple Whos without waiting in a queue. (Which is probably the only way my wife will do a M&G)

Iā€™ll go to a mid-week show of The Grinch, so I donā€™t need priority seating and Iā€™ll see Santa at the Macyā€™s parade.

If you want a great family photo with Santa and Grinch for your Christmas cards this might be ideal. Iā€™d love to hear what anyone else things or a review from anyone that does it.

@eightisgreatatdisney - They promote the holidays as starting on November 12th. That gives them a little more than a week to take down HHN in the parks.

2 Likes

So glad I saw this. Just booked the breakfast for our departure day in December. Meeting the Grinch will be a good way to go out.

4 Likes

Careful, though. Heā€™s a mean oneā€¦

6 Likes

Weā€™ve booked both. Maybe itā€™s overkill, I donā€™t know. My girls will love meeting Santa and we will keep the picture and thatā€™ll be our Santa visit for the season.

Iā€™m actually disappointed it doesnā€™t include a reserved area for the parade this year, but I also read that you had to still get there super early or else youā€™d be stuck behind everyone else at the VIP tour. And Iā€™m glad they got rid of the Who & A, because my kids would be bored by that.

We have express pass that week so probably wonā€™t benefit from priority ride access. My girls will love it if itā€™s Jimmy Fallon again :joy:

2 Likes

I canā€™t wait to hear your experiences! Iā€™m going as a ā€œcouplesā€ trip. I was pleasantly surprised that DW wanted to do breakfast!

3 Likes

Also, the gal I spoke to at the VIP office to book the tickets almost gave me a heart attack. I have a preferred pass and the rest of the family has seasonal.

She said they were blocked out for thanksgiving week! I was very confused and looked it up online while I was talking to her. Turns out, Thanksgiving week is blocked out for seasonal passes in 2023, not 2022.

But for people looking to renew, seasonal passes for Universal are blocked out thanksgiving week in 2023, and thatā€™s new.

3 Likes

which pass type? There are differences for AP types, at least there used to be.

The seasonal pass

1 Like

Yeah, unfortunately Universal went from 47 block out days in 2022 to 66 for 2023. So there are other weeks throughout the year affected too.

3 Likes