Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

I’m not surprised. Even then it’s still a great bargain. I actually assumed that Thanksgiving was one of the blackout dates. (I’d never go then anyway!)

3 Likes

I am actually quite annoyed that I didn’t pick up on the fact that DS has a 4 day weekend this weekend until this week - I could be on my way to Universal for a long weekend had I known! Instead I’m taking 3 teenage boys to Six Flags on Monday for his birthday present. :woman_facepalming:

5 Likes

Where are you seeing this? All I can find is 2022 dates,
. I assumed that the dates would be roughly the same since we already bought the seasonal pass for our May 2023 trip.

Here you can compare. The first week of April and the second half of July was added besides Thanksgiving.

3 Likes

Weirdly, if you have the app installed, it will NOT allow you to look at the block out dates beyond 2022 because the website immediately redirects you back to the app. Annoying.

Anyhow, so thanks for that. We are good! Our trip is May 7 - May 16.

3 Likes

If I buy a Seasonal AP for myself, and then use it to buy tickets for my family, can their tickets cover a blockout date?

Here are the details, if that helps answer the question. I’d buy a 2-park AP, and then we’d buy 3-park 3-day passes. We’d go to Volcano Bay on March 18. I’d obviously have to buy myself a single-day pass, too. That’s a blockout day for the AP, but the individual tickets don’t have a blockout, do they?

This only really works if we’ll save a bunch of money on the hotel, too. But, that’s not my question. I’m getting distracted by all the moving parts! And seriously, I hate that March 2023 info isn’t really out yet. No ticket prices, no express passes, no AP discounts. I want to be watching plane tickets, but I don’t feel like I can make a decision until I know more details. /rant over

1 Like

Is it possible to buy a season pass-use it for a trip-and then upgrade it to the next tier for a future trip? Not sure that makes sense?

I doubt they would turn away the extra money, so I would guess the answer is yes, you can do that. The risk to you is that if prices go up in between you would end up paying more.

1 Like

Different photo! Nice :grin:

1 Like

Good point about price increase. DS and I for sure are going on one trip this year, maybe sooner than later, and I wanted to purchase just the seasonal pass for now. I see that the seasonal pass is completely blocked out for July, though, and that’s currently when our summer trip is booked. That could possibly be changed to either June or August, though-just not sure right now.

Yeah. It was time to bring it up to date. Besides, I looked too unnaturally happy in the other one. This one is a better reflection of my ordinary hostile resting face! :grin:

3 Likes

First thought was–who is this person that has appropriated ryan1’s name?! :rofl: It took me a second to make the connection. Admittedly, this brain is slow today.

Individual tickets do not have blackout dates. However, they are dated, nontransferable and expire.

You can buy yourself a single day ticket to VB with no issue.

Does that help? I admit your question had a few “moving parts” I had to decipher! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

@eightyeightkeys

Yes! I did this with my Seasonal Pass this year. I started out as a 2 park pass in February and added VB to it in April. My biggest regret is that I didn’t add VB to it from the beginning! I love that place!!

The passes don’t start until your first activation. You can buy an Annual Pass today and not activate it until 2024 if you wanted. You’d save the money for the future price increases. I did this as well. I bought my Seasonal Pass in January to avoid the annual February price increases. Then I bought my daughter’s AP mid-summer to dodge another increase before her HHN trip.

2 Likes

Yes, I think so!

The AP discount on individual tickets does NOT then “transfer” blockout to those tickets.
I have to admit, I don’t post very often because I’m not particularly good at explaining myself concisely.

1 Like

No. blackout dates don’t “transfer”.

You are using your AP as a coupon for a better rate on a dated ticket. Dated tickets don’t have blackout dates. The ticket you purchase will be valid for a specific date and can ONLY be used on that date. (That’s the “catch”… you can’t change your mind about what day to use it after buying it)

Teamwork!! :wink:

3 Likes

Usually around the middle of November they are all set and ready to go with the holiday decorations but they start putting them up earlier than that, probably the beginning of November.

2 Likes

I don’t think I saw it mentioned, but seasonal AP discount is 10% off gate price for tickets purchased at the gate. My guess is that buying advance online (which is already $20 cheaper than the gate, I think) plus any specials (which can also be obtained through 3rd party sellers with slightly discounted prices) would beat the AP discount and save time in line.

3 Likes

Oh, I didn’t realize that was the only discount! Thanks for pointing it out. I would’ve expected a discount on top of the advanced-online discount.

Hey for anyone interested in seeing death eaters: We walked out of the 3 broom sticks about 7pm and inbetween that entrance and honeydukes is where the DEs appear between 7:15-7:30. Ours appeared about 7:25

I posted more pictures here: Locals chime in, WDW/USO ...continuous thread - #795 by vcka

9 Likes