Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

The Dark Room is closing/relocating. Could the AP Lounge be next? With the Prop Shop space also available, rumors are a possible Super Nintendo World merch store or an Epic Universe preview center.

:thinking:

6 Likes

@josephmatt I think I heard that the VIBE Tour is no longer free, but forget where. Have you heard anything?

1 Like

Never heard about that, if someone can point me towards confirmation on it I’ll update the post.

Well I just called this number +1 407-351-7625 for the Hard Rock Cafe and was told there is no free “VIBE” Tour anymore. They currently have a “Backstage and Burgers” Tour that is available for booking (upcharge) on Saturdays.

Adding: @josephmatt your article didn’t mention the Gringott’s Bank Tour and the Velocicoaster Paddock Tour which are two of the best! :wink:

1 Like

Ooh - I didn’t know about these. Interested in HP but definitely can’t do the ride. How often is there someone to do these? Is it really as simple as walk up to the attraction and ask?

1 Like

Yes, but it’s hit or miss and only if there is an extra TM available. Weekday with not big crowds will help your chances.

These were all the recent tours offered, but not sure of the current status of every one:

USF:
Men in Black Immigration Tour
Race thru New York Studio Tour
E.T. Forest Tour
Revenge of the Mummy Production Tour
Escape from Gringott’s Bank Tour
Fast and Furious Garage Tour
Transformers?
IOA:
Incredible Hulk Gamma Tour
Dr. Doom’s Fearfall Villains Tour
Reign of Kong Temple Tour
Velocicoaster Paddock Tour
Forbidden Journey Castle Tour (unguided)

Remember you can always walk through and experience every queue to the end and then exit, or wait for the rest of your party to ride and meet them as they get off. Just ask a TM for direction.

1 Like

This is good to know. I don’t want to actually wait in a long line but doing a walk through would be great!

2 Likes

It helps to ask after 12pm. They tend to have more staff available, especially during weekdays.

2 Likes
8 Likes

I haven never heard of these from anyone.

1 Like

Orlando Informer is reporting Christmas Decor is being put up at IOA / Port of Entry as of today…

8 Likes

whaaaaaat ?

we haven’t even trick or treated yet

4 Likes

I was a bit surprised too!! I guess it gives them a head start when they have to take down so much HHN over at USF. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

See at 19:00:

It’s not mentioned here, but I’ve heard the term “Paddock Tour” used before:

3 Likes

The Grinchmas decor is going up in Seuss Landing as well…

8 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I am really shocked they aren’t waiting until at least Nov. 1.

1 Like

I got irrationally angry when I heard “All I Want for Christmas is You” twice on October 5th on a high school-run radio station in Indiana. I’d definitely put out serious “get off my lawn” vibes if I was seeing Christmas decor at the theme parks already.

5 Likes

I would be a little jealous of people going next week if they get the combo of HHN and Seuss Landing prepped for Grinchmas!

5 Likes

I’ve already been thinking about this :thinking: :laughing:

1 Like