Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

I was searching for a thread that was designated to UOR updates, but did not find one. Feel free to add any news, updates, & thoughts!

4 Likes

I can’t say I’m surprised. We were there Wed and it wasn’t crowded at all. It was really wonderful. We rode Karatoa until the family was tired of it (I wasn’t). Our seats were in the shade in front of the beach to the fast river and we were the only ones in that area.

2 Likes

Closed Mondays and Tuesdays? :grimacing:

2 Likes

Looks like Tuesday is a down day for all parks

I neglected to focus on the first word: RUMOR

I hope that rumor doesn’t get confirmed! At least it’s not from a site I typically trust. I imagine that even if UOR did close down a couple days a week… things would hopefully pick up enough by our December trip to be back to 7 days/week.
If not though… maybe we’d have to add WDW on to the days UOR wouldn’t be open. Not a terrible thing :wink:

2 Likes

Universal came out to say it’s baseless speculation. It’s not even a rumor.

4 Likes

The same rumor was going around in late July ahead of our August trip. I called them directly to find out since it would directly impact our plans, and they said there was no truth to it as far as the information they had.

Sure enough, it didn’t happen. Seems like the same rumor, second verse.

1 Like

I’m glad to hear that. I was getting worried about my December trip.

Just my two cents, it would not make sense for any theme park that is selling packages including stays in hotel rooms to tell guests after the fact, oh by the way we are closing the park for two days during the week of your stay.

5 Likes

excellent point, why didn’t I think of that?

1 Like

If, IF, the dry parks have dark days I imagine they’ll space it so at least two parks are open per day.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly. If I found out right before or during my trip that certain days the parks wouldn’t open, I’d ask for a full refund.

1 Like

1 Like

That is good news for the parks. Hopefully the locals there on the weekends are buying lots of food. I guess that did the deal where they bought a one day ticket and now they get for the rest of the year, they are paying for parking too.

While we were there a couple of weeks ago, at the parking toll they said, “I hope you aren’t going to the water park” as we pulled up.

1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes

This is wonderful news. I cheer every return-to-normal.
We won’t even be going back to Universal.

eta: We aren’t upset at Universal. We’ve just been twice in the last 6 months and are ready for a non-theme park vacation.

3 Likes

I guess this could be considered operational changes. Hollywood Horror Makeup Show is using a TM in place of guests for the knife bit and remote controlled monster for the time being. Also guest a now placed a few feet in front of Blue at the Raptor Encounter.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s been a plant since they reopened, you can always tell as it’s two people who come in at the last minute and sit in either the far left or right of the first half of the theater.