Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

Yeah! I just saw that! Talk about a coincidence!!

Since it seems me talking about make HHN threads makes HHN news happen, let’s see what else I can manifest! :thinking:

“I’m going to start a thread about winning the lottery and inviting all the Liners I know to Orlando…”

I’ll buy a ticket later today! :crazy_face: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Oooh Oooh, me, me :raising_hand_woman: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Of course! I’d love to meet you ALL! I’m trying to sort out if I can do the Liner meet at DHS in December. Plus, I know of at least one other person that says they’ll be at UOR in late January when I may be there.

I’ve only had one Liner meet-up, but it was such a fun time to talk in person with @FindMeAFishingSpot

8 Likes

Great photo! Now go buy that lucky liner lottery ticket :rofl:

1 Like

When were you thinking of being there?

1 Like

I’ve gone the first week of February twice and love it each time. The weather is cooler, kids are in school. Ideally, and hypothetically, I’m trying to overlap a February trip with very late January dates… :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Agreed- liner meets are fabulous!

1 Like

I plan to book tickets for last week of January and first week of December. This would probably be the last trip on my AP. I don’t have enough points to book flights for trips at all the potential times. I currently have flights booked for late august (1 outbound, 3 return), Labor Day (1 outbound, 2 return), right after thanksgiving (1 round trip), Dec 3-5 (1 round trip), and Dec 10-12(1 round trip). Of these, at this point I’m likely to go on labor day vs the last week of august. Late November is not likely. For the December trips, if I go with MIL and SIL, it would be early December. However, if I go with siblings and niblings, I would go over Hanukah, December 10-12. But with all of this, I don’t have the points to book more flights now. /end Megillah

2 Likes

For me… I’m running out of banked / saved PTO… :sob:

My boss & I may need to have a talk about a few “unpaid” days of leave or something in 2024!!! :crazy_face: :innocent:

Never enough!! I know what you mean.

Stranger Things house has been confirmed

Whoops! I’m too late! Ya’ll are super sleuths too :rofl:

3 Likes

You can gladly create a new thread too. I know you did last year:

2 Likes

OMG… I totally forgot!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Shoot man you must be getting old…:joy:

2 Likes

Beats the alternative!! :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones:

3 Likes

This past winter/spring I cut my hours so I could take more time off. In 16 weeks, I missed about 10 full days of work, and only took 3 days of PTO.

This fall, most of the jewish holidays fall out Saturday/Sunday, so I won’t miss 7 days like I did last year. Of course, Passover falls out on weekdays in 2024, so that will take some time. I may do a similar trim in hours next winter.

For me, it was 100% worth it to take a pay cut so I could have time to do what I love. I keep a close eye on my PTO. Right now, i have about 12 days banked right now, but have plans to use 5 of them right now.

1 Like

I can tell Guest Services is slammed this morning with the news. They often respond quickly, if not instantly, to questions through social media. I asked my questions about 90 minutes ago…No worries, they’re more “research questions” than things I need to know!

1 Like

Yeah I had originally planned for the first full week of February. But moved it up a week because I don’t need to experience Mardi Gras again. Rather have less commotion this time. Although if the dates are the same as last year, it would start on my last day I think.

2 Likes

Yeah… It’s a fun parade, but that about it…

Plus, my Seasonal AP blocks me from USF on concert nights.

1 Like

Interview with the Universal Creative team.

1 Like