Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

We used the long bench at Dr Seuss, over by the exit/gift shop from Cat in the Hat, to sit and eat our tots. There’s a whimsical garden over there & the AC just cranks out from the gift shop and keeps that area cool. It’s also shaded and quiet, and not far from Green Eggs & Ham.

2 Likes

That’s the spot I was referring to! It can be an oasis at times over there. I genuinely do like to eat these tots as my in-park breakfast! That CitH spot is still shaded at that time of day and is pretty quiet!

2 Likes

VCON Update -

It is a very limited team member preview, but they will be gradually increasing the amount of TMs that can visit as crews apply the finishing touches!

8 Likes

General Team Member “gameplay testing” is happening now. No info on “previews”.

3 Likes

"Regular Team Members wishing to participate in the ride test this afternoon do not need to register in advance. They must show their UO ID to enter through the Mel’s Drive-in service yard near the Transformers meet-and-greet.

Ride testing will be from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Team Members are not allowed to take photos or video. Guests, third-party Team Members, and concessionaires are not invited. Admission is first-come, first-served."

6 Likes
  • The V-Con queue is mostly outside
  • Blasters are picked up from a conveyer belt
  • If a blaster’s light is red, it’s still charging, don’t take it
  • There is one size blaster and it weighs about 3 pounds. (No kids-size blaster :sob:)
  • Your name and icon will display on the blaster screen
  • The blaster has 2 triggers, one to shoot and one to collect power ups
  • You stand (and stay) on a yellow dot
  • The moving walkway has railings (which I predicted😜)
7 Likes

I hope to be able to ride this on my August/Labor Day visit. Any news on express pass yet?

The EP line sign was covered. It’s expected to not offer Express for a while, as is custom with new ride openings.

5 Likes

Good work!

1 Like
5 Likes

I think I’m gonna wait and see it! A little more than 60 days! Yea!! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Yay for all the horror nights passes going on sale today! Now hopefully we get a house announcement too!

2 Likes

Awesome! Gotta go get mine!

2 Likes
4 Likes

I debated putting this in my own upcoming TR thread or here. However, I think the data could be useful to anyone planning on going to HHN32

Last year & this year I bought the Rush of Fear pass that allows you to go to ALL the nights in September. The price has not changed. It’s still $179.99.

Adding UXP to the ticket for every night is $350. It went up $50 this year. It does include UXP for both the houses & rides.

These prices may sound high, but the pass “pays for itself” on the second night. I’ll be going to eight nights of HHN32.

This makes make cost per night with UXP - $66.25 + tax! That’s a bargain in my thinking. It’s actually my motivator for going for as long. I’d be “losing money” if I only went 4 - nights!! :rofl: :crazy_face: :innocent:

My final total was $1128.88 for both DD & I with UXP on the tickets.

There is something “new” this year. You have to tell UOR the first night you intend to use the pass. I’m not thrilled about this “reservation system”. It’s no big deal, but annoying! DD is arriving “after” the start date, so it’s still valid.

I don’t know why anyone would pick any date other than Sept. 1st if I can start the ticket any time AFTER my start day. :man_shrugging:

They did do really well about putting pop-up before any time you could check out saying what was required to go to the event and what tickets did / didn’t get you into USF / IOA.

Now I just need to know the houses!!!

3 Likes

So jealous.

2 Likes

I don’t see many threads about HHN on TP (Maybe I haven’t noticed)

I never know how many people here are into it. I may start a thread for house announcements and various HHN news / questions…

Anybody think that’s worthwhile??

3 Likes

I DO! I legit almost started one yesterday b/c it’s all I want to talk about! I think Stranger Things house accidentally got announced on a tv ad this morning before they even made the official announcement!

1 Like

I’d follow out of curiosity.

1 Like

I would love it. I’ve been three? times over the years–it’s a high point of ALL of my theme park touring. Can’t wait to take my older DDs–I’ll take the little one too, but it will be awhile :rofl: (she’s 7).

1 Like