Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

If only I could go

1 Like

Where did you find this intel? plz

1 Like

Some news blogs reported when the last one was.

Also, Islands closes at 7:00 that day. So I imagine that’s the time it will start.

2 Likes

Thank you! Marking my calendar now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds like something we’d need to prepare a Seder for. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

VCON Update

The last couple of days the ride has been going through multiple cycles of testing with various departments of TMs. (Many are talking on social media)

You can also hear the ride sounds and music from inside the gift shop. Even the outdoor queue music is on.

Feels like a soft opening could be soon! I’m shocked they didn’t open in time for July 4th!!

5 Likes

Whats VCON?

It’s the new ride at USF
 Villian Con Minion Blast

2 Likes

What’s your secret for finding the TM’s on social media? :slight_smile:

Mostly I pay attention to the replies to popular vloggers on social media. Every once in a while someone will mention they are a TM. Also, sometimes I’ll notice verbage and jargon, in a reply, that I recognize from my time working in theme parks. It “signals” that they may be a TM.

I follow those people and see what they are talking about and/or engage with them. I do have 3 TM “friends” that I made while actually in the parks and now follow on Twitter. (One at Dr. Doom, another at JPRA and the last is a habitual HHN stilt walker / chainsaw scarezone TM)

4 Likes

Looks like they’ve had to move the Starbucks at USF while they do construction / renovations.

You gotta go to Café LaBamba for coffee atm

4 Likes

VCON UPDATE!!!

Multiple vloggers / bloggers -

The ride is currently doing team member previews!! The attraction’s exit is now open as well.

This is the path to soft opening and maybe AP previews very soon!!

11 Likes

8 Likes

For those like me who don’t think they will need a new pass until Epic Universe opens, i did ask about upgraded a 3 park pass to a 4 park pass. This was the response

However, because we do not have any information regarding Epic Universe tickets and how that park may fit into our Annual Passes, I would unfortunately have no way of confirming if you would be able to upgrade a pass that is purchased now to a pass that would include that park as well. Once information on ticketing for Epic Universe becomes available, we would be able to answer that question more definitely, I do apologies we are not able to at this time.

6 Likes

I’m seeing pictures of TMs exiting and queuing

I’ve only read 2 TMs talking about it
both thought it was on par with Despicable Me. (Fun once or twice, but not an E-Ticket)

That’s what I was expecting. I want more rides for younger people / families! It’s great to be a thrill seeking adult, but you need to make things for the next generation of theme park fans!

5 Likes

I love Minion Mayhem. I try to make sure I do it at least once each trip, maybe twice.

3 Likes

The tables are back at Green Eggs & Ham tots!

(I remember having a talk with someone about where to eat here while the tables were gone. I still go to either my alcove by CitH or Backwater Bar for seating with my tots)

8 Likes

Fun enough. Skillable for us, but we also will do it if the lines aren’t bad. Biggest issue is motion sickness. Definitely need to have Dramamine in the system for this one. I had to look away from the screen a lot of the time this past May.

3 Likes

DH closed his eyes while we were sitting on the benches.

1 Like

That’s what I did! :rofl:

2 Likes