HHN 31 Updates & News

The Discover Universal Podcast - Universal’s Official Podcast has been releasing the stories from the scare zones. They’ve done two so far & I hope they do the rest!

Sweet’s Revenge:

Dead Man’s Pier

I thought this might also make a good place to post HHN 31 updates and personal anecdotes, so we don’t over take the “general” Universal updates thread!

(I’ll be in the parks in exactly 3 weeks from today!)

3 Likes

Just mentioned them on chat earlier. For a PR podcast it’s not annoying. I mean that as a compliment to the host’s and producers.

2 Likes

It’s definitely a good “gateway” to learning about Universal. While it does come off a bit “polished” it’s got good info for first / second time guests.

I’ve enjoyed their HHN series as they gotten the Universal creative team to come on as guests.

Following this thread since we’re going to HHN for the first time in 4 weeks. I’ve been following the twitter stuff on HHN for info too #HHN2022. There are some other ppl focusing on the HHN as well.

1 Like

Looks like I’ll overlap with a couple people! So glad I’m not the only first timer!

1 Like

Official HHN 31 Map – I’ll try to find a less blurry image

Here’s the map TP put out…

3 Likes

I will be there opening weekend the 4th with an RIP tour. I’m surprised there are so many original houses this year. I was really hoping for stranger things. Maybe next year.

2 Likes

2022 School District Student Holiday Calendar (hhncrypt.com)

The Halloween Horror Nights 31 Guide – Part 1: Planning | TouringPlans.com Blog
The Halloween Horror Nights 31 Guide – Part 2: Touring | TouringPlans.com Blog

2 Likes

If you’re like me & scouring every article / blog for the food booth menus, here’s a good article with descriptions of everything

2 Likes

Nightmare Fuel Showtimes are up!

Ghoulish has been posted for a while, but here they are just in case you need them!

(I do really wonder what “Side One” & “Side Two” really mean!! Do you get two shows or two different soundtracks to the same show or just a bit of gimmick/theme?)

There’s a vinyl record on the signage! It’s got to mean something!! :thinking: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If I try to do them all on one night, I guess I’ll stop by Nightmare Fuel at 8:30pm, then Ghoulish at 10pm for “side one” and again after 11pm for “side two”!

3 Likes

A new “Ghoulsih” sign went up today actually in response to the “side one & side two” confusion. Turns out it will only be one show…

2 Likes

The menu board at The Weeknd food booth has been updated. The deep fried uncrustable sandwich is priced back to $6.99. (It was posted at 14.99??!!??)

Also, the fried Oreos and Twinkie are reduced now too. (Previously $9.99)

(If you can’t tell I’m trying to map out my food plans & budget!!)

2 Likes

I had some Stay & Scream questions so I reached out to Universal. I thought there were only two Stay & Scream areas, but they will have four this year. I don’t know if that’s new or it’s always been that way…

(I’m not even sure where the Soundstage 18 is located. Isn’t it the former Blue Man Group theater?)

1 Like

They only had two Stay and Scream last year. They were in the Springfield and New York area.

1 Like

That’s what I thought! Thanks for confirming

I called yesterday 8/30 and they couldn’t answer a single question but told me they were going to have their team tour today 8/31 and to call back later and hopefully they’d be able to answer all my questions. At least they were honest about it :laughing:

1 Like

2 Likes

Also, everything is loaded into the Universal app now, so you can favorite the houses for easy reference to wait times later. I’ve been spying on the CM preview waits all night.

2 Likes

I’ve been doing the same. However, I’ve kinda stopped now as everything looked so good that I don’t want to see it beforehand now. (even though I already know 90% of the scarezones!)

1 Like

@Shmebulock - Hey! Looks like they opened the HHN Tribute Store today… Here’s a preview video

(It’s long because it’s a live stream and Rick goes through a couple times)

2 Likes