HHN 31 Updates & News

I saw this preview on Twitter. I was wondering if it’s only open during HHN?

1 Like

Good question! I’m only guessing, but I bet it’s open all day. It’s a retail outlet. They’ll want to sell as much merch as they can. Plus, it promotes the event - a good way to get tourists who may not have already bought HHN to try it.

2 Likes

A THREE HOUR VIDEO!?!? Rix Flix needs to be stopped.

5 Likes

Looks very cool :orange_heart::black_heart::orange_heart::black_heart:
Never as cool as the BTTF room, but I like it.
Thanks for tagging me :grin:

2 Likes

I saw that he & Tom Corless randomly got the same tomb plaque “catch phrase”.

For $150, I’d want my own unique plaque. I make Halloween décor / tombstones for my yard. I have at least 100 different “phrases” I can use. I’m always looking out for them at hobby shops / haunts / theme parks.

I know you couldn’t guarantee what was used, but it should’ve been unique… feels lazy & I’d be disappointed if it was me.

1 Like

It’s open all day, from opening day of HHN to the final day. There’s no merch that you have to be an HHN ticketholder to purchase, just food & drink.

2 Likes

Thanks for this thread! I’ll be at HHN on Thursday, Sept 29th and I’m so pumped!!! I need to map out my plan and figure out which Stay and Scream area I need to hang out in.

3 Likes

Yeah… now that there are 4 areas I may try to start in each of them to report back!

I’ll be there the week before you and doing a trip report. If you need any “on the ground” details / questions I’ll be happy to research while there!

3 Likes

If you’re only going for one day and you won’t have Express then I would go for the one in the Springfield area, and head to the original houses near Men In Black first. You can get those done very quickly, and often more than one time through before the front gate crowd even gets in because most of the crowd will head to the big name houses first and those lines build quickly enough that it’s not really a good use of the early advantage.

2 Likes

It was that way in 2018 and also 2019, I believe. The big difference is that there’s no Stranger Things house (and associated GIANT line) that will draw everyone to the New York area. In those years they actually had the line forming for that house as soon as the S&S opened, and they just walked it over to the queue when the park closed. By the time they actually opened the house on 11/1 in 2018 it had a 90 minute line already. It was a little more split between that and Ghostbuster in 2019, but they were in the same area, so it made that area super packed again.

2 Likes

This is great info! Thank you! I haven’t decided on Express pass. It is just so expensive! And i’m not one that needs to hit every single house (like the bug one this year… ew!!! haha). If I get through 4 or 5 of them I will feel successful! I’m more about the scare zones, the shows and the food :slight_smile: If we employ your strategy, it sounds like I might not need Express.

OMG yes, I’ll be reading every bit of your trip report!!! I mostly need to narrow down what houses I truly want to hit. I know I’m out on the bugs one and I honestly don’t care about the Weeknd… but I KNOW I want to hit spirits of the coven, dead man’s pier and wolfman/dracula/mummy.

2 Likes

The TM preview folks said The Weeknd house is this year’s “fun” house… like, it’s not super scary but it’s just a good time. Even the ones who were like “Meh” put it in their top half.

Everyone had Dead Man’s Wharf in the top 2, some had Bugs in the top 3 but some said it was pretty meh. They say Halloween is pretty true to the OG movie, and has lots of detail.

3 Likes

I think I’ll make it to HHN in late Oct, so thanks everyone for the already super useful info as I’m a first timer and pretty clueless on the ins and outs of maneuvering through this event. Will definitely follow those going before me. Will have to develop expectations and a strategy, probably no Express or tour. Will have to figure out an efficient touring plan that includes Halloween and Black Phone.

2 Likes

Also, Bugs is more a humor and physical horror house plus it has spiders so it’s gonna have very mixed reviews and I totally get it why you or others might steer clear.

1 Like

Yeah, hard pass on spiders!!! Thinking about that gives me the shivers haha

Late October is definite a totally different world, as far as strategy goes. It’s much busier especially Fridays and Saturdays. In 2018 when we went on 11/1 and 11/2, which was Thursday and Friday it was very busy both nights. We waited over an hour for most things, and I don’t think we waited less than 45 minutes for anything until right before closing time. Thrill data has HHN data for each night going back to 2019, but it’s limited to only the nightly overall average, and in the last 30 minutes the 3 original houses at the back usually have no lines at all (which we didn’t know until the end of our second night) so they really skew the overall averages quite a bit.

If you can’t go more than one night then I would try to get Express and make the most of Stay and Scream.

1 Like

My current plan is to do shows and scare zones on Saturday night. Sunday night is whatever I want… Trying not to go into too many houses w/out DD20 (but, I won’t squander the chance to go into a popular house if the wait is low)

Then DD20 & I get to go the following Wed, Thurs, Friday, Sat.

I think we’ll get through it all during the weeknights. However, I’m hoping she’ll be able to stay out past 11pm to get the lower waits on houses on the weekend.

1 Like

We found both last year and 2019 that in September Friday was busiest by far, and Wednesday and Saturday were slowest, though later on Wednesday was DEAD like a graveyard. Early Sunday was pretty busy, but the second half was also very slow.

1 Like

That’s what I’m hoping for! Rush of Fear Passes are an amazing value!!