Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

Agreed- liner meets are fabulous!

1 Like

I plan to book tickets for last week of January and first week of December. This would probably be the last trip on my AP. I don’t have enough points to book flights for trips at all the potential times. I currently have flights booked for late august (1 outbound, 3 return), Labor Day (1 outbound, 2 return), right after thanksgiving (1 round trip), Dec 3-5 (1 round trip), and Dec 10-12(1 round trip). Of these, at this point I’m likely to go on labor day vs the last week of august. Late November is not likely. For the December trips, if I go with MIL and SIL, it would be early December. However, if I go with siblings and niblings, I would go over Hanukah, December 10-12. But with all of this, I don’t have the points to book more flights now. /end Megillah

2 Likes

For me… I’m running out of banked / saved PTO… :sob:

My boss & I may need to have a talk about a few “unpaid” days of leave or something in 2024!!! :crazy_face: :innocent:

Never enough!! I know what you mean.

Stranger Things house has been confirmed

Whoops! I’m too late! Ya’ll are super sleuths too :rofl:

3 Likes

You can gladly create a new thread too. I know you did last year:

2 Likes

OMG… I totally forgot!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Shoot man you must be getting old…:joy:

2 Likes

Beats the alternative!! :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones:

3 Likes

This past winter/spring I cut my hours so I could take more time off. In 16 weeks, I missed about 10 full days of work, and only took 3 days of PTO.

This fall, most of the jewish holidays fall out Saturday/Sunday, so I won’t miss 7 days like I did last year. Of course, Passover falls out on weekdays in 2024, so that will take some time. I may do a similar trim in hours next winter.

For me, it was 100% worth it to take a pay cut so I could have time to do what I love. I keep a close eye on my PTO. Right now, i have about 12 days banked right now, but have plans to use 5 of them right now.

1 Like

I can tell Guest Services is slammed this morning with the news. They often respond quickly, if not instantly, to questions through social media. I asked my questions about 90 minutes ago…No worries, they’re more “research questions” than things I need to know!

1 Like

Yeah I had originally planned for the first full week of February. But moved it up a week because I don’t need to experience Mardi Gras again. Rather have less commotion this time. Although if the dates are the same as last year, it would start on my last day I think.

2 Likes

Yeah… It’s a fun parade, but that about it…

Plus, my Seasonal AP blocks me from USF on concert nights.

1 Like

Interview with the Universal Creative team.

1 Like

Hey there, UOR fans! I’m planning a trip to Orlando for next July, and I’d love to add a few days for Universal, but the prices for just 3 park days are just a lot. I know there’s a current promo for the same price for 5 park days, but I’m really only ready to commit to 3 (one at each park). I’d stay at a UOR hotel, and I’m willing to buy an AP if that brings the overall price down. Is there something I’m missing on finding a good deal? Or it just is what it is?

2 Likes

The cheapest AP “pays for itself” on the 4th visit.

However, there is a sale where you do get 3 “bonus” months…

My Seasonal AP (The least expensive) this year w/ tax cost = $559.12

I bought my DD21 the Buy 2 Get 3 Free deal to come w/ me to HHN

The cost with tax was = $397.24

I hope that helps you!!

1 Like

Still less than Disney World right?

2 Likes

Are you saying you get a discount on park tickets if you have an AP?

@ChallahMonster
The cheapest pass has a lot of blockout dates, so keep that in mind when you go. The seasonal pass is locked out f all parks for all of July. The power pass is blocked from VB before 4 PM in July.

3 Likes

Erm, not so much. For 2 adults and 2 children, I’m looking at 6 day one park per day Disney tickets for $2761.16 (through Boardwalk Ticketing) and 3 day one park per day Universal tickets are $1507.90 (through Undercover Tourist).

We went to Disney World in 2022 with 5 day park tickets and had a great time. My kids will be 6 and 8 next summer, and I know we’ll all enjoy another Disney trip. But wouldn’t it be even more amazing if we could do Minions and Jurassic Park and Harry Potter and Transformers? DS7 looooves roller coasters, but I’m not ready to put him on anything too crazy. DS5 hated the roller coasters at Disney. And I want to go to VB and sit under a palm tree with a cocktail. It would be great to add these days to the trip, but if the answer is this is just what it costs, then maybe I just wait til my kids are older and can do more. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes